Tchaikovsky, Dance Of The Little Swans

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My attempt at a Virtual Instrument recreation of the piece, because this type of thing is one of the hardest things to do with samples and I wanted to torture myself for some reason.

I also tried to give it an old vinyl recording sort of vibe. Let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/amax4_9ZbSM

And they say torture is unreliable. Sounds nice, though a bit quiet sounding for me. Good job.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Excellent. Realistic sounding virtual instruments.
You created a very "space". What reverb did you use?

Morgaxx wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:57 pm And they say torture is unreliable. Sounds nice, though a bit quiet sounding for me. Good job.
I probably screwed up the part toward the end because I heard one recording which played that part super quiet and then it turns out most performances aren't that quiet so IDK
Bansaw wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 pm Excellent. Realistic sounding virtual instruments.
You created a very "space". What reverb did you use?
Thanks. The reverb is a bit of ValhallaRoom, but most of the samples were already recorded in a hall so they have some baked-in.

Sound is great. I just noticed some wrong notes, the phrasing of the strings could be corrected in some passages, and there was a sudden speed up, that was controlled little afterwards. Anyway, minor things, that could be easily corrected.

Could you give some more detail on the libraries used, how you layered them, etc.?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:30 am Sound is great. I just noticed some wrong notes, the phrasing of the strings could be corrected in some passages, and there was a sudden speed up, that was controlled little afterwards. Anyway, minor things, that could be easily corrected.

Could you give some more detail on the libraries used, how you layered them, etc.?
I deliberately tried to use old stuff.

The bulk of the track is Symphonic Orchestra Gold. Orchestral Essentials For the Brass, CineWinds for the Bassoon, Cinematic Strings 2 for the Strings.

Pretty much everything is a layer of staccato notes for accents and Sustains/Legato. I have yet to meet an orchestral sample library where you don't have to layer these articulations to get the playability and agility out of it.

The strings are also combined with some of the slurred string articulations from Symphonic Orchestra.

This sounds great! Beautifully done.

I love it. Sounds great here! Cheers!

Well done version of the beautiful classic song. Sounds good.

strummy wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:24 am This sounds great! Beautifully done.
markkuja wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm Well done version of the beautiful classic song. Sounds good.
jackoo wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 pm I love it. Sounds great here! Cheers!
Thanks guys, I tried.

Hey, I liked it, it does sound like a performance going to vinyl. Yeh, there's some rushing - that's probably the engineer signaling the conductor to move things along - and the hits at the end are too much, probably the result of the conductor sneezing and unintentionally provoking a quadruple forte from the players - but it's a lively performance. :)

Impressive use of the sound libraries !

Return to “Music Cafe”