IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRAF
6547 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:34 am

But I tend to agree with you about other developers, but Reaper sucks. :P
I only use PRO chords in my songs…

KVRAF
2312 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:00 am

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 pm
Just woke up. I see I was in a wonderful mood yesterday. Yeah, well, some days….
Your Icelandic history lesson was entertaining despite your obnoxious presence. Regardless, Sampletank has early roots and could rightfully be called a workhorse in the early days. When we really started doing multitrack audio production with virtual instruments not all of us had the budget for Gigasampler or Kontakt. Getting a good rompler with efx on board that would run on a 400 mhz machine was pretty incredible. In the current days of massive streaming libraries and cheap hard drive space ST isn't nearly as important as it once was. It still has its uses and I manage to find at least one instance on my productions. It is the product that I install on my laptop where hard drive space is still an issue. IK make a long term commitment to evolving their products. Amplitube 5, Sampletank 4, Arc III are examples. They usually don't abandon a product. I am hopeful that Modo Bass and Modo Drums will be part of that tradition. Modo Drums is extremely impressive for a 1.x release. Modo Bass is the best virtual bass out there in my opinion. Modo Drums needs some work but If that sees a version 2 I'll be all over it.

KVRist
87 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:27 am

Bombadil wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:25 am
DCrown wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:40 am
Amplitube 5 is great, I like it a lot.
But I liked Amplitube 4 as much as I like Amplitube 5.....

It was limited, and the GUI was a pain. The only amp I liked from 4 was the Red Pig. The Fender collections didn't sound as good, or feel as good. I'm sure I'm susceptible to the placebo effect as anyone, but I never played with either previous iterations for hours on end. Not tweaking, just playing. Last night I was playing my semi through a custom Twin patch. Never heard Amplitube like that. And it responds to dynamics and volume roll-off, just like real amps.
Amplitube 5 is one of my favorite plugins, as well

KVRist

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:31 am

Bombadil wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:34 am
But I tend to agree with you about other developers, but Reaper sucks. :P
I use Reaper and Pro Tools. I could also use Logic or Cubase... or...
Every daw works nowadays.
Reaper is great for tracking and customizable, that's what I like. I use a lot of mics and real instruments and hardware for recording and it works fine, Reaper crashed only two times in about 10 years!!! Whereas Pro Tools.. well, I am not going to start another topic ;)
(PT has some advantages, too!)

KVRist
480 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:42 am

Bombadil wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:25 am
DCrown wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:40 am
Amplitube 5 is great, I like it a lot.
But I liked Amplitube 4 as much as I like Amplitube 5.
LOL your posts sound like you could not have used Amplitube 4 for productions LOL
Are you trying to say Amplitube 4 was crap? LOL
And of course it's comparable.
They added new speaker technology, great.
Changed gui a little, great and a few things more, great!
I could play guitar and bass with 4 and still can with 5.
It was limited, and the GUI was a pain. The only amp I liked from 4 was the Red Pig. The Fender collections didn't sound as good, or feel as good. I'm sure I'm susceptible to the placebo effect as anyone, but I never played with either previous iterations for hours on end. Not tweaking, just playing. Last night I was playing my semi through a custom Twin patch. Never heard Amplitube like that. And it responds to dynamics and volume roll-off, just like real amps.
I have both and I was happy to see that I had a version of 4 that included the Satriani Collection, because A5 is a bit of a pig in memory usage. In Reaper, to load up A5 is almost half a GB more than A4! :(

However, the difference between the JS50 in both plugs is massive. A5 sounds much better. Less boomy (It's a good thing I tested out the JS collection in A5 rather than 4 because I probably wouldn't have picked it as a freebie).

Then I recorded a bit, duplicated on another track, and A/B'd the difference on playback. All amp knobs the same,cabs are the same, the mics and positioning are the same...I can't figure out why it sounds different, but it does.

That said, loading the Boston amp (with no cab modelling really) was similar, but I could not get it to null on a phase test.
A/B-ing other amps in A4/A5 sound similar, others are way different.
Last edited by festeringheap on Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRer
9 posts since 29 May, 2019 from Mysterious oriental land of Russia

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:44 am

I have a 99 MSRP product and therefore can get all that sweet tier 200 crossgrades. I don't want the more expensive items. So, the best course of action is buying 200 gear credits for 136 euro with "groove3ikm" promocode and getting the Amplitube5 upgrade(or another eligible item of the same cost) in custom shop?

KVRian
803 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am

DCrown wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm
@TribeOfHǫfuð

You posted that you are not sure if you stored some IKM library on an external drive and then would like to install it after some years, if it would still be up to date or still run.

I think, quite a lot of devs charge money for upgrades. Well, they call it upgrades, although it's just updates more or less to justify an upgrade charge.
Truly speaking Amplitube 5 could also be just an update of version 4, but devs call it upgrade to make some spectacular promotion and to charge some money again.
Some devs make un update, when another dev would make an upgrade.

So update and upgrade, it's a bit confusing and just a making more money thing, isn't it?!
Well, every company has a few skeletons in the closet. Reason Studios whom I am dependent on, do not allow transfer of REs, FL Studio is not for resale and whatever out there. On one hand it can be a pita, on the other every company has something you can bitch about when hitting a mood like I did yesterday. Tho, when people link their music and show how it works for them, everything else is just bla. If it all ends in music, it can’t be that bad, only bad music, but that is still music. :party: I am in a far better mood today and all is good. Sun was even shining today. Have fun with your gains. A good offer it is.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or obligue motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

KVRist
480 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:27 am

Kazoo Marzu wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:44 am
I have a 99 MSRP product and therefore can get all that sweet tier 200 crossgrades. I don't want the more expensive items. So, the best course of action is buying 200 gear credits for 136 euro with "groove3ikm" promocode and getting the Amplitube5 upgrade(or another eligible item of the same cost) in custom shop?
That works, unless you happen to have Jam Points in your account that would bring your total lower than 136 euros. Pretty sure you can't use both the Points and the code on the same transaction though.

KVRist

Post Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:17 pm

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:19 am
DCrown wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm
@TribeOfHǫfuð

You posted that you are not sure if you stored some IKM library on an external drive and then would like to install it after some years, if it would still be up to date or still run.

I think, quite a lot of devs charge money for upgrades. Well, they call it upgrades, although it's just updates more or less to justify an upgrade charge.
Truly speaking Amplitube 5 could also be just an update of version 4, but devs call it upgrade to make some spectacular promotion and to charge some money again.
Some devs make un update, when another dev would make an upgrade.

So update and upgrade, it's a bit confusing and just a making more money thing, isn't it?!
Well, every company has a few skeletons in the closet. Reason Studios whom I am dependent on, do not allow transfer of REs, FL Studio is not for resale and whatever out there. On one hand it can be a pita, on the other every company has something you can bitch about when hitting a mood like I did yesterday. Tho, when people link their music and show how it works for them, everything else is just bla. If it all ends in music, it can’t be that bad, only bad music, but that is still music. :party: I am in a far better mood today and all is good. Sun was even shining today. Have fun with your gains. A good offer it is.
Bad music is just annoying noise (it's subjective, of course ;)

KVRer
6 posts since 4 Oct, 2005

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:34 am

Peter, I just wanted to say thanks from an aging hobbyist. I'm having a lot of fun with this!

KVRian
1087 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:19 am

For anyone wanting to get in at $80 or $100 cheaply, don't forget that there are sellers on here and VI-C that have licences for $10 or less that are eligible. Check with the seller if they are eligible as not all are.
One seller at VI-C also has licences that get you in at $150 for $45; others might also.
This particular seller is leo007 and he has good feedback there.
You will find Leo and others here:
https://vi-control.net/community/forums ... ervice.66/

KVRist
151 posts since 8 Nov, 2008 from Prague

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am

Are you suggesting that even if I buy this stuff second hand, I will be still able to get free stuff via the Group Buy? Has anyone really tested this? Sorry if this has been answered before....

KVRian
1121 posts since 8 Feb, 2013 from Switzerland

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 am

18 Free Products

KVRist
300 posts since 11 Mar, 2001

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:26 am

Masr wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am
Are you suggesting that even if I buy this stuff second hand, I will be still able to get free stuff via the Group Buy? Has anyone really tested this? Sorry if this has been answered before....
Yes, but I think the license has to be previously unregistered, so you have to do this with a trusted seller. My experience with Leo007 has been very good and so that of many other people on the forum judging by the VI thread. Before buying tell the seller that you are going to buy it for entering the group buy

KVRian
1087 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:48 pm

Masr wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:38 am
Not second hand, so license transfers are no good, needs to be an unregistered license.
Just ask the seller.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”