RAPID Synthesizer | 1.8.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Progressive House RAPID Synthesizer

There is something wrong in the GUI for sure. In FL and Live, it works as it should, but like Bitwig, it takes 5 seconds to open the GUI. Also in Reason, it is very laggy and slow. Takes forever to open.

They need to allow license transfer
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:42 pm They need to allow license transfer
came back to check this :roll:
not willing to buy a 200€ without transfer ability

its worth the price , good support all updates was free , sound really good
way better then avenger i think

D.K Envelope wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:12 am its worth the price , good support all updates was free , sound really good
+1
I don't own Avenger but the presets contained in the demo didn't convince me that it can sound even half as good as Rapid.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

not even arguing that, but NFR is kind of a turnoff

D.K Envelope wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:12 am its worth the price , good support all updates was free , sound really good
I didn't pay full price for Avenger, so I won't be doing the same for Rapid.

NFR is just a no go sometimes , especially if you own something similar like Avenger.

LeVzi wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:45 am

NFR is just a no go sometimes , especially if you own something similar like Avenger.
They have occasional sales where you can get it for below 100. (Black friday, end of year and mid year I think)

NFR is what it is, therefore you can have free updates for life. But it's up to you of course if you accept it.

Personally I use Rapid regularly, it's quite different to other synths in workflow and visualization/modulation features. Although still waiting to modulate mod depth directly, but there are alot ways now do it.

dermage wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:54 am
LeVzi wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:45 am

They have occasional sales where you can get it for below 100. (Black friday, end of year and mid year I think)

NFR is what it is, therefore you can have free updates for life. But it's up to you of course if you accept it.

Personally I use Rapid regularly, it's quite different to other synths in workflow and visualization/modulation features. Although still waiting to modulate mod depth directly, but there are alot ways now do it.
Yeah i'll pick it up on a sale . It does look nice tbh.

last time i tried it, it didn't have HiDPI/Retina interface yet. i'll do another demo now that it apparently has it :)

Also M1 since december 2020? That's f**king fast - i appreciate that

LeVzi wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 am Yeah i'll pick it up on a sale . It does look nice tbh.
What also is quite nice about Parawave, they have big functional updates 1-2x a year.
Next should be MSEGs.
And they *really* listen to customers requests if they make sense.

So you can always be happy to expect another feature update around the end of the year.

@Ploki:
it does a have a scalable GUI since some versions, where the GUI is pre-rendered for your version on changing the size. This should also help Retina screens. Should be confirmable in the demo, yes.

yes and no.
Text is sharp and crips, knobs are fuzzy af :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ploki wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:08 am yes and no.
Text is sharp and crips, knobs are fuzzy af :?
Thats probably worth an email to parawave support :roll:

dermage wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 am
LeVzi wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 am Yeah i'll pick it up on a sale . It does look nice tbh.
What also is quite nice about Parawave, they have big functional updates 1-2x a year.
Next should be MSEGs.
And they *really* listen to customers requests if they make sense.

So you can always be happy to expect another feature update around the end of the year.

@Ploki:
it does a have a scalable GUI since some versions, where the GUI is pre-rendered for your version on changing the size. This should also help Retina screens. Should be confirmable in the demo, yes.
Msegs are always a winner with me

I just downloaded and installed version 1.8.5 on my Mac running the latest version of Logic Pro X and Big Sur 11.6. When I launch a Rapid instrument, I get this error:

"Failed to load Audio Unit "Rapid", please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance."

Before I upgraded, I was using version 1.7 with no problems. Anyone else run into this issue? I did send this to Parawave support, but posting here just in case someone has run into this issue.

****UPDATE:

I had to uninstall the previous version and install the new version, plus all the sounds from scratch. This resolved my issue.
Last edited by digitalint007 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”