Electronic Drum Kits -- Only want ONE great head/pad with accurate drum feel and maximum MIDI responsivness.

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Title sums it up.

I'm looking to build a pure "Tom" setup for:

1. Drumming practice. Should have one of the most realistic and accurate traditional feel.

2. Midi Recording. Should have maximum MIDI capability with software HOSTS like Cubase. I don't need a separate, proprietary hardware host with sounds.

3. Multiple Toms. I'll eventually want a total of 3 of these side by side, so a "Kit" of Toms with the above requirements would be ideal if they exist.

I'll take any help you can provide, links or whatever I'm decent at researching however so far I'm finding mainly full electronic standalone kits, or midi pads.
Have you tried Vital?

Definitely get o your nearest dealer Have a play and a chat.
Personally roland are very good but u may feel different. Demo discuss buy.
Ypure dealer should be able to mix and match.

THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I went to our local guitar center already and they only sell the full kits with proprietary sound control unit/hookups (or small midi pads), and so many of the kits had poor hit threshold (easy hits or snare stuff just didn't work well).

That Emerge kit looks solid for the feel, but it's an entire drum kit which I can't use.

Ideally, I 'd want to take 1 tom from one of those kits, plug it directly into my USB port (or barebones control unit) and off we go.
Have you tried Vital?

You might look for a used Mandala Drum: https://www.synesthesiacorp.com/products
There aren't any in stock at their shop and they don't turn up used very often but they are exactly what you are asking for.

justin3am wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:40 pm You might look for a used Mandala Drum: https://www.synesthesiacorp.com/products
There aren't any in stock at their shop and they don't turn up used very often but they are exactly what you are asking for.
That does look exactly what I'm after, will do some research, appreciate it!
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”