UMC204HD with sound module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
KVRer
4 posts since 12 Sep, 2021

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Hello there. I need help with an audio interface. I got a Yamaha MU1000EX recently and i connected it to the Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD via MIDI, i receive midi signal but there's no sound. What i want to do, is hear the sound coming from the module on my laptop, and i have understood that the audio interface can make it, but i don't know how. I'm a very beginner on this because i always worked with software, i know to use the module but not the interface.

User avatar
KVRAF
2381 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi there.
Do you have the module connected to the interface at the front via 1/4 cable or xlr?
That's the only way you will hear sound.
Midi is just to send and receive messages, doesn't carry sound.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

KVRer

Topic Starter

4 posts since 12 Sep, 2021

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:57 pm

jethrobull wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Hi there.
Do you have the module connected to the interface at the front via 1/4 cable or xlr?
That's the only way you will hear sound.
Midi is just to send and receive messages, doesn't carry sound.
I connected the module from his headphones jack to the headphones jack of the interface, still no sound.

User avatar
KVRAF
2381 posts since 5 Jun, 2011 from Preston, England, UK

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:04 pm

Jexu wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:57 pm
jethrobull wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Hi there.
Do you have the module connected to the interface at the front via 1/4 cable or xlr?
That's the only way you will hear sound.
Midi is just to send and receive messages, doesn't carry sound.
I connected the module from his headphones jack to the headphones jack of the interface, still no sound.
It needs to be connected to one of the Mic inputs on the left hand side. Also the 'Mix' knob needs to turned to the left (or at least in the middle) if listening direct.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

KVRer

Topic Starter

4 posts since 12 Sep, 2021

Post Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:20 pm

jethrobull wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:04 pm
Jexu wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:57 pm
jethrobull wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:24 pm
Hi there.
Do you have the module connected to the interface at the front via 1/4 cable or xlr?
That's the only way you will hear sound.
Midi is just to send and receive messages, doesn't carry sound.
I connected the module from his headphones jack to the headphones jack of the interface, still no sound.
It needs to be connected to one of the Mic inputs on the left hand side. Also the 'Mix' knob needs to turned to the left (or at least in the middle) if listening direct.
I connected it in the mic input, and i can hear it by enabling the listen to this device option. I hear it, but there's much reverb and doesn't have a clear sounding, and the latency, there's delay and it's supposed that this should have low latency.

KVRer

Topic Starter

4 posts since 12 Sep, 2021

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Well. I have another problem now, a few months ago, i used an audio/mic splitter, because my laptop has only one jack for headphones. I used it with my PSR-E233 and it worked perfectly.

I used them again. The problem i have now, is quite strange, i connected the module to the mic line via RCA and i enabled the "Listen to this device" option, the module was heard, but also it was heard a annoying estatic noise with beeps that sounds every 5 seconds. I tried to connect the module from his headphone jack instead of RCA, and the noises and the beeps are still sounding.

The strange thing, is that if i connect the module to a headphones, there's not noices. I connected the module to my portable speaker, via RCA also, and it wasn't heard noices either. So, the true problem is the mic line. The stragest thing still, is that by only connecting the headphones, without enabling the listen to device option, it already hear quiet beeps, and the noises and the beeps are sounding even if the module is unplugged.

I don't understand what is failing, i used this same splitter with the keyboard and it didn't gave me problems.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”