IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRian
526 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from Sacramento, CA

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:04 pm

ferez21 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:20 pm
Hmm it might have been a freebie, but so is EQual, no? Bought both of them in here. Not complaining, to be honest i don't need any more plugins, but was just wondering, and wanted to complete my Syntronik collection.
They have both been available as freebies from magazines and such in the past, but they're also both available as paid products, and the licenses for paid vs. free are different (that is, IK can tell when you register it if it was originally a paid purchase or a freebie offer). If you bought them from users here on KVR, you could have gotten either kind of license. Sounds like whoever sold you EQual had a paid one while whoever sold you the J60 had a freebie.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

KVRer
5 posts since 16 May, 2019

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm

Ludo7777 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:57 am
If I get mixbox, what are the advantages of getting T-racks plugins? Are there some stuff that aren't included in mixbox? What T-racks stuff would you recommend picking up if I get mixbox? I'm picking up the new stuff that are over 99 (t racks 5, racks 5 se, sunset reverb, comprexxor, leslie, stealth limiter, master eq 432) and I think there will be some slots left for other t racks plugins.
T-Racks has the standalone mastering suite, and most of the the modules will do mid/side and left/right. I just got Mixbox and haven't spent much time with it but I think of it as more of an effects collection than a mixing tool. Certainly there is enough stuff in there to build a decent channel strip although I don't see a gate.

The new tape collection and the space delay is really good. I don't see these in Mixbox.

Depending on what else you have for "vintage" emulations, the EQ 73/81 (Neve), EQ PA/PB/PG (API), White 2A (LA-2A), Black 76 (1176), Vintage tube compressor/limiter (Fairchild) cover a lot of the basics and might be worth having in T-racks even though there is some overlap in Mixbox. These are easy to trial, but they only give you 72 hours.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7472 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:24 pm

jbl4311wx wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm
Ludo7777 wrote:
If I get mixbox, what are the advantages of getting T-racks plugins? Are there some stuff that aren't included in mixbox? What T-racks stuff would you recommend picking up if I get mixbox? I'm picking up the new stuff that are over 99 (t racks 5, racks 5 se, sunset reverb, comprexxor, leslie, stealth limiter, master eq 432) and I think there will be some slots left for other t racks plugins.
<snip>These are easy to trial, but they only give you 72 hours.
T-RackS processors have a 14-day trial period.
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRist
481 posts since 7 Mar, 2011

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:49 pm

Oh ok. I'm still confused about the registration numbers. Unless guys have a typo here:
"Buy 1 Get 17 Free* when 17,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 18 Free* when 18,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 19 Free* when 19,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 20 Free* when 20,000 registrations are reached

And so on, up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1!"

The top tier should actually be 24,000 for 24 free products then not 25,000 right?
Looks like they considered your confusion and changed the page slightly. Now there’s a 2000 participant jump for the last freebie:

Buy 1 Get 22 Free* when 22,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 23 Free* when 23,000 registrations are reached

Buy 1 Get 24 Free* when 25,000 registrations are reached

And so on, up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7472 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:36 pm

There was never really confusion, those were the unrevealed tiers... Now it should make sense (though I did say that the final tiers would reveal how 25,000 people = 25 for the price of 1 / 24 free plugins...)
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRAF
2055 posts since 10 Jul, 2006 from Tampa

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm

jbl4311wx wrote:
Ludo7777 wrote:
T-Racks has the standalone mastering suite, and most of the the modules will do mid/side and left/right. I just got Mixbox and haven't spent much time with it but I think of it as more of an effects collection than a mixing tool. Certainly there is enough stuff in there to build a decent channel strip although I don't see a gate.

The new tape collection and the space delay is really good. I don't see these in Mixbox.

Depending on what else you have for "vintage" emulations, the EQ 73/81 (Neve), EQ PA/PB/PG (API), White 2A (LA-2A), Black 76 (1176), Vintage tube compressor/limiter (Fairchild) cover a lot of the basics and might be worth having in T-racks even though there is some overlap in Mixbox. These are easy to trial, but they only give you 72 hours.
Surprisingly, IKMM does not offer an expander/gate. Then again, I'm not sure there was even a "famous" one to emulate, if they'd wanted to do that.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

KVRist
305 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:20 pm

planetearth wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm
jbl4311wx wrote:
Ludo7777 wrote:

Surprisingly, IKMM does not offer an expander/gate. Then again, I'm not sure there was even a "famous" one to emulate, if they'd wanted to do that.

Steve
I thought the white channel strip had a gate. Certainly the board they were trying to emulate did.

KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:46 pm

jrides wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:20 pm
planetearth wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm
jbl4311wx wrote:
Ludo7777 wrote:

Steve
I thought the white channel strip had a gate. Certainly the board they were trying to emulate did.
Ah, yes, but that's based upon the one in the "British" (SSL) board. I was thinking more of a standalone expander/gate, like their compressors and limiters.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm

I don't think I've seen this specific question asked (and I've read the last 30 pages or so), so here goes....

I have SampleTank 4 SE and SampleTank 4 CS. In the past, I've bought the full versions of SampleTank 2.5XL and the SampleTank 3 upgrade (for $99), among lots of other stuff from IKMM, like Miroslav Philharmonik. I also have a collection of T-RackS 5 and T-RackS CS effects (including everything in TR5 Deluxe), though I've never bought a full T-RackS collection. I have some $230 in JamPoints and 70 Gear Credits.

The matrix on the upgrade eligibility page is a nightmare to try to understand (at least, for me it is), so I'm just trying to find out a few things:

1) Am I eligible to "upgrade" to SampleTank 4 (not ST4 Max)? I don't think I'd get that much over what I have in ST3, but some of it looks good. But it would cost the full $199, minus some JamPoints, right? Would the same hold true for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE?

2) Other than re-sizable GUI, what the hell is the difference between T-RackS 5 and T-RackS CS when it comes to the individual plug-ins like the tape machines, compressors, or whatever? I'm interested in the tape machines, Sunset Sound Studio Reverb, Space Delay and a few EQs and compressors.

3) I want more TR5 stuff, so is it more cost-effecitve to buy the CS credits and load up on the effects that way? Other than the non-re-sizeable GUI, is there a downside to buying CS stuff (as opposed to buying individual T-RackS 5 plug-ins)?

4) I'd also like to load up on the Syntronik stuff, but I know I'll have to buy those individually, right? I don't see them as part of the Custom Shop instruments or available any other way. I'd use them in ST4.

Thanks in advance to @Ceej and everyone else who's been scrambling to answer questions here!

Steve

KVRist
305 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm

1. Gear credits and Custom shop is the way to go. No real upgrade path. The price you see when you log into the website is what you pay.

2. Album assembly and perhaps some other tidbits.

3. Good question. I didn’t know you lost resizable GUI by using the custom shop for those plug-ins. Interesting if true.

4 most people get the option for Syntrinik deluxe upgrade for $99. They give you all of the instruments. You may need to have a registered freebie from that category or one of the Synths already.

KVRer
6 posts since 24 May, 2020

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:46 pm

Newbie question here: If I sell/transfer an original IK product license that is designated as a qualifying product for the group buy, will the buyer be able to register it as a qualifying product and benefit from the group buy?

KVRAF
1723 posts since 10 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 pm

Noam Gabo wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:46 pm
Newbie question here: If I sell/transfer an original IK product license that is designated as a qualifying product for the group buy, will the buyer be able to register it as a qualifying product and benefit from the group buy?
No. Not if it has already been registered to you. Second hand licenses do not count.

KVRAF
6558 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:20 pm

^^ you are eligible to upgrade to Sampletank 4, I did the same thing. Then removed all the content. Too much space taken up by stuff I won't use. I have S3 running in it, imported S3, which includes 2.5xl and various add ons, and my new add - ons for S3 and 4, Syntronik, Miro2, Sampletron 2. I don't need the content from S4.
I only use PRO chords in my songs…

KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:52 pm

jrides wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:43 pm
1. Gear credits and Custom shop is the way to go. No real upgrade path. The price you see when you log into the website is what you pay.

2. Album assembly and perhaps some other tidbits.

3. Good question. I didn’t know you lost resizable GUI by using the custom shop for those plug-ins. Interesting if true.

4 most people get the option for Syntrinik deluxe upgrade for $99. They give you all of the instruments. You may need to have a registered freebie from that category or one of the Synths already.
Thanks, and with all due respect, that doesn't really help much. The devil is in the "tidbits", as they say. :wink:

Since I could use the JamPoints to pay up to 30% of IKMMs Gear Credit pack, and ultimately get that for as little as $112 (as @Ceej and others have mentioned here), I could then use that to buy T-RackS CS versions of the plug-ins. But if they're not re-sizable, or if there are other limitations/"tidbits"/etc., I'd be wasting money.

However, if I'd have to buy the T-RackS 5 processors individually to get the re-sizable GUIs, then I don't want to waste any money on Gear Credits. I don't need the ability to chain plug-ins, so that facet of CS doesn't appeal to me. I usually use my own effects chains or just one or two at a time.

I already have a couple of registered freebies for Syntronik, but as far as I could tell, they weren't worth anything as far as upgrades to Syntronik. I only want the Syntronik sounds to use in ST4 anyway -- the Syntronik GUI is to small, and IIRC, it uses ST3 underneath. ST3 was never particularly stable on my system, even though ST4 has been great.

Steve

KVRist
41 posts since 19 Aug, 2021

Post Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:18 am

planetearth wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:52 pm
However, if I'd have to buy the T-RackS 5 processors individually to get the re-sizable GUIs, then I don't want to waste any money on Gear Credits. I don't need the ability to chain plug-ins, so that facet of CS doesn't appeal to me. I usually use my own effects chains or just one or two at a time.
I'm not quite sure what you mean. All TRacks plugins are resizable, that's one of the biggest selling points for me (apart from the sound). I really don't understand why not ever dev does that. The only negative I have found so far is that they are quite resource hungry, my poor MBP 2012 isn't quite able to handle a british channel on each channel :D

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”