Anyone using apQualizr2?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
v1o
KVRAF
3046 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:42 am

I've been trying the demo. This is the best sounding EQ I've heard so far, even more transparent than Crave EQ to my ears. But I'm not so keen on the GUI and the workflow.

And what's going on with the high shelf filter, what topology is it based on - it has really weird curves? It's different from other EQ's I've been trying out.

If this EQ had an unmasking feature, that works without side chaining like Izotope EQ, I would buy it.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRian
954 posts since 27 Mar, 2013

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:53 am

v1o wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:42 am
I've been trying the demo. This is the best sounding EQ I've heard so far, even more transparent than Crave EQ to my ears. But I'm not so keen on the GUI and the workflow.

And what's going on with the high shelf filter, what topology is it based on - it has really weird curves? It's different from other EQ's I've been trying out.

If this EQ had an unmasking feature, that works without side chaining like Izotope EQ, I would buy it.
Yeah. The filters are somehow special. Actually I rarely use it as EQ I use it more for modulation and filter FX. Phasing, tremolo, panning, comb and harmonic filters, resonating. This apQualizr2 is a beast. It's also easy on cpu. When I use it as a eq than mainly as one or two band dynamic eq. There are some nifty and smart presets with it which showing the capabilities.
Yet I have to admit the GUI can become crowded and complex but this is with most modular systems. It's a tradeoff I took. Maybe ask the dev in the apulsoft sub-forum what's up with the filter. I read the manual but can't remember if it's mentioned and I don't have it at hand.
I grew up on a junkyard, where I started to feed from hubcaps and bumpers

Return to “Effects”