Can I bring clips from the main timeline into the sampler plugin?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
KVRist
42 posts since 31 May, 2019

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:46 am

(apologies if this has been covered, I searched but couldn't find anything)

I find it way more intuitive to chop and slice audio in the main arrangement timeline area than in the sampler interface, and was wondering if i could take the little bits and pieces I chop in the timeline and then add them to either the drum sampler or the multisampler (the ideal would be to drag the little
clips individually onto the drum pads, but beggars can't be choosers). I'm guessing there has to be an easy way to do this, but I've searched the forum, youtube, google, etc, and can't find a good answer.

KVRist
374 posts since 7 May, 2018

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:59 am

I'm surprised this isn't possible. If it isn't, that's a good feature request! I do think you can drag files from the browser to the sampler, but I'll have to check.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:30 am

spoontechnique wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:59 am
I'm surprised this isn't possible. If it isn't, that's a good feature request! I do think you can drag files from the browser to the sampler, but I'll have to check.
Thanks! By "browser", do you mean the file browser all the way to the left? Yeah, that's possible, but then doing what i'm talking about would require you first save every little clip and chop as their own separate waves in a directory somewhere. Much more of a rigmarole.

KVRist

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:32 am

There's a more elegant way to do that.

Go to the Browser tab. There's a little file icon on the upper right, just under the Markers tab. Click on that icon, and then click Project Files. This folder contains the files you create in the the edit, most recent files first. Now if you use either "range select + consolidate" or cut a clip and "render clip > flatten", the file will appear in the Project Files tab in the browser. So you can then drag it into the sampler.

KVRist
44 posts since 6 Mar, 2010

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:26 pm

If I understand you correctly, you can drag from the file icon on the clip header and drop into sampler. This also works with midi clips on virtual instrument tracks.

This is one of my favorite things about waveform.

KVRist

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:41 am

Thank you for pointing that out, Paulo! Not only does that work with Tracktion's stock samplers, it also works with my other sampler plugins. This is a huge upgrade to my workflow!

KVRist
209 posts since 4 Oct, 2019 from France

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:40 am

Oh thanks Paulo, great feature indeed!
Waveform 11.5.18, Windows 10

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:17 pm

paulo_apo wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:26 pm
If I understand you correctly, you can drag from the file icon on the clip header and drop into sampler. This also works with midi clips on virtual instrument tracks.

This is one of my favorite things about waveform.
WOAH! Thank you big time! That's exactly what i was looking for! I had no idea

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:18 pm

Thanks to everyone who has responded

Return to “Tracktion”