The search for a Kurzweil K2000 piano soundalike VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:40 am
ghettosynth wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:14 am I was really trying to avoid having a long conversation where nerds exchanged a bunch of detail that nobody else cared about, but ok.
Isn't this the exact reason we're all here?
People will get bored, I guarantee it.
No doubt, but, and I spent too much money for mine in the 90s, the issue is with how useful it is/was. IMNSHO, it's more useful on paper than in practice. If I could go back in time I wouldn't buy the K2K. After I got the Nord, the K2K pretty much got relegated to drum/sampled keys duty.
I always loved the interface. Any parameter you're on, click the Edit button and you're instantly taken to its modulators or other related parameters. Of course, your Nord Modular is in a different league entirely. I only had the Micro Modular and even that was a fantastic idea machine. In hindsight, that was one of the most inspirational synths I've ever had. I had a 2600 Blue Meanie around the same time and didn't get nearly as much done with it.
Yes, and no, right? It's again, on paper, great, in practice, it's hamstringed by that tiny display. Yes, compared to the likes of Yamaha's TG500 interface, as an example, it was great. Everything in proper musician friendly parameters, but, it was still tedious to navigate around. There never was a really good PC editor for it either. I get the tree structure of menus, but you have the tyranny of the dominant decomposition hard at work there. As great as it is, there are just times when a more flat structure takes less time to navigate.
In retrospect, I didn't get much out of 90s rompler tech and wish that I would have had the foresight to just skip it all.
I'm still making the same mistakes as I made then. As much as I love my old analogs and romplers, the smart thing would be to sell it all and get a Jupiter-Xm with the rompler add-ons. I'm sure I'd get more done with it. But I won't because "muh sound qualities"...
Me too, which is why I just stopped buying almost anything new. I still drool over some of it, but then find a way to decide that I don't need it.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:26 pm
Uncle E wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:40 am
ghettosynth wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:14 am I was really trying to avoid having a long conversation where nerds exchanged a bunch of detail that nobody else cared about, but ok.
Isn't this the exact reason we're all here?
People will get bored, I guarantee it.
Well, that took less time than I expected.

"I need to be right, I NEED to be right, I am the one, I’ll fight till the end, I’ll show them all !!..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

We are all right from dead centre of our own Universe.
I've never met anyone who has accepted that they are fundamentally wrong :)

I'm amazed there isn't a free sample set of that sound knocking around

Norqa wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm I've never met anyone who has accepted that they are fundamentally wrong :)
i try to be, at least twice a week

DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm "I need to be right, I NEED to be right, I am the one, I’ll fight till the end, I’ll show them all !!..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chesney?

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm i try to be, at least twice a week
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRHetRTOD1Q

Norqa wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:42 pm We are all right from dead centre of our own Universe.
I've never met anyone who has accepted that they are fundamentally wrong :)
Sure, but why trying to convince the entire world when you know you’re right ? Just let them talk... :D
Need to grow up... :lol:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

AnX wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:45 pm I'm amazed there isn't a free sample set of that sound knocking around
I'm sure that there is, or was. Attempts so search will reveal some defunct sites. You can probably find something in the shadier parts of the internet. Even the M1 piano, a smaller sample even, is hard to find. There are a few individual samples that pop right up, but they're just at Cn, so you can use them but you won't get the K2K's sound exactly.

https://freewavesamples.com/source/kurzweil-k2000

No idea if these are any good ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:18 pm https://freewavesamples.com/source/kurzweil-k2000

No idea if these are any good ...
Those are the ones that I was talking about. They are a sample of the patch played at Cn for some values of n. This will give you an approximation, but the Piano is one of the few (perhaps only) samples in the K2K that is more substantially multi-sampled.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
For those still looking, there it is and it is spot on: https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/1660 (https://musical-artifacts.com/artifacts/1660)

I cant post links so google kurzweil k2000 "stereo grand" children and you will find it.

Return to “Instruments”