Sonic Charge Cyclone - Free tx16w/Typhoon sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Melkor wrote:Most patches have modwheel and pitch already assigned.
Thank you for your answers, really helpful.

It made me smile every time seeing this, it was so advanced back then!
Last edited by crystalmsc on Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

nineofkings wrote:It's a unique experience though. I thought I'd hate it but it's really got character :D
For a sentimental reason, I own a MU100 with an empty slot for a PLG board, I'd like to think that Cyclone + Retrologue as a replacement which is way more flexible. It won't replace AN1x/AN200 which are my favorites. But the dark character of Retrologue is like the expansion of Cylone for a more modern and complex sound. I don't mind for not owning the newer Motif, love the older better. With current VSTs, it's easier to get modern synths instead of the one with a vintage sampler character like this.
layzer wrote:cleaned up the UI a bit on mine :hihi:
That looks great, I want a bigger UI. How to get it like that?
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

A couple of tips for using Cyclone in Reaper.

1. Save the "Blank.fxp" preset as the default, via the "+" button in the reaper plugin window.

Doing this means Cyclone will instantiate instantly, ie without having to wait a whole 10 or so seconds for Typhoon to load.

2. In the FX browser window, right click on the entry for Cyclone, and tick/turn on the "save minimal undo states" and "avoid loading undo states when possible"

Because Cyclone saves the entire state of the plugin, this can cause it to use more CPU than it should, IF the above two options are unchecked/turned off.

3. Cyclone has around 3-4ms of latency. Same as the hardware.
Back in the day, real men just dealt with it.
Prestissimo in Moto Perpetuo

I like so much this plugin, and I love the way you have to work with it as you're living in the pre-VST era!
I'm also very happy with the original skin but I decided to make some little change to increase the look.

That's why I deleted the inactive FILTER EDIT button (also 'cause it looks like someone have drawn on it with a black pencil) and I've tryed to make the MIC/LINE button a little more evident, 'cause it was almost impossible to understand the active position.
Just to customize it to appear as the real thing, I also changed the logo to match the original one.

If you want you can download the image files here: https://archive.org/download/TX16WSkin/TX16W_Skin.rar

dapupra wrote:I like so much this plugin, and I love the way you have to work with it as you're living in the pre-VST era!
I'm also very happy with the original skin but I decided to make some little change to increase the look.

That's why I deleted the inactive FILTER EDIT button (also 'cause it looks like someone have drawn on it with a black pencil) and I've tryed to make the MIC/LINE button a little more evident, 'cause it was almost impossible to understand the active position.
Just to customize it to appear as the real thing, I also changed the logo to match the original one.

If you want you can download the image files here: https://archive.org/download/TX16WSkin/TX16W_Skin.rar
Very nice! :clap:

Using cyclone in renoise to record 'audio in' is not possible .
Since it's an instrument and not an effect .
I duplicated the dll to cyclonfx.dll , which in some cases works ,but not with this one .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Using cyclone in renoise to record 'audio in' is not possible .
Since it's an instrument and not an effect .
I duplicated the dll to <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">cyclonfx.dll</span> , which in some cases works ,but not with this one .
Is this not related to the lack of sidechain and routing in Renoise? I had this problem too.

Reaper works fine though

Where can I find a working link to the patches in the OP?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Bump.

Can anybody say how to route this sampler to use it to record samples in S1 or Cakewalk/Sonar?
Also, is there a way to sample my sounds and then to save them as a banks for song?
blah-blag-blah

v1o wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:53 pm Where can I find a working link to the patches in the OP?
Aeolian_Cyclone_Collection.zip:
https://soniccharge.com/forum/attachment/Yr0SwJ?dl

Return to “Instruments”