New Hybrid Synth/Sampler/ROMpler from TheSynthFactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only one LFO is visible in the lower-left, but I am guessing there are probably more of them as I see an arrow on the right side of the LFO. How many are there?

Okay, answers again...
1. "So if I'm correct we'll be able to layer up to 4 of these sample sets at a time and then add up to 3 synth engines at a time to make patches?"

-- this is entirely correct - you can load any of the 640+ sample sets into any of the samplers, including loading the same sample set multiple times if you like, then you combine these with the 3 subtractive synth oscillators...to get an HoriZEN Sound.

2."Only one LFO is visible in the lower-left, but I am guessing there are probably more of them as I see an arrow on the right side of the LFO. How many are there?"

So the bottom left displays the LFOs dedicated to the Filter Freq. So as there are two filters then fairly obviously there are two LFOs. The arrow on the right side of the LFO shows up when you select "CUSTOM" as your LFO shape, with this LFO you can have a multi-break-point shape with as many points as you like. So if you have more than just a few break points it gets a bit fiddly to adjust and set these so the "arrow on the right" pops a huge display of your LFO "shape" allowing you much finer control over the shaping. You may also note there's vibrato and tremolo, so these have an LFO each too, tho *currently* these are a fixed (sine) shape so you can only adjust depth and speed here. Every Phaser in the FX section has an LFO too that you can modify and select a shape with.
VST/AU Developer for Hire

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

...as I start writing this. Come on time, you can do better!
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

For me its much shorter, but I am not at all under pressure, got enough (no too many) synths already…

Andy pointed out I missed some days out so here they are:

ARPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApjfNwFxyrY

PLUCKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZnEkDcZFNk

ARP MIDI out is possible?
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

strovoknights wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:17 am ARP MIDI out is possible?
Nope, sorry not in this version...

Fwiw, that’s not trap it’s the EDM bastardization of it, and the misappropriation of a name and culture.

Trap = DJ toomp and up to a more modern producer like Wheezy or south side/808 mafia.

Plug-in looks nice though and up my alley. Will likely purchase.

Lind0n wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:20 pm Okay, answers again...
1. "So if I'm correct we'll be able to layer up to 4 of these sample sets at a time and then add up to 3 synth engines at a time to make patches?"

-- this is entirely correct - you can load any of the 640+ sample sets into any of the samplers, including loading the same sample set multiple times if you like, then you combine these with the 3 subtractive synth oscillators...to get an HoriZEN Sound.
Cool, I'm already making sounds in my head..... :hihi:

I assume this is not how the Arp or Player page will look? Is there another screenshot and shots of all the tabs Arp, Gates, Chords ?

Horizen 101421-1.png

Only 10 days left so really looking forward to giving HoriZEN a try...... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

OK - here's an overview/walkthru video....which hopefully will give you a better idea of what you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF7nUcD1aZo

Thank you that was a very informative video. :tu:

I'm more interested in creating my own sounds than presets and I think there are enough options to make patch creation interesting yet easy.

Sorry if I missed it in the video but can we apply Unison to the sample Oscs as well as the VA Oscs?

Oh and is there an FX version of the plugin? I can already hear people asking for the effects section to be available as a separate plugin. :)

Well I'm pretty sure I want HoriZEN so now it's just a matter of trying the demo and pricing. :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:37 pm Thank you that was a very informative video. :tu:

I'm more interested in creating my own sounds than presets and I think there are enough options to make patch creation interesting yet easy.
-- Yep thats the point of it really - its filled with great sound patches to use as a starting point and a simple and very quick workflow to allow you to get "somewhere else" that is also good...
Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:37 pm Sorry if I missed it in the video but can we apply Unison to the sample Oscs as well as the VA Oscs?
Yep unison is applicable to all 7 sound sources...as are the 2 multi-mode filters, envelopes, vibrato, tremolo and glide...
Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:37 pm Oh and is there an FX version of the plugin? I can already hear people asking for the effects to be available as a separate plugin. :)
Not right now - we want to concentrate on this first, if there is enough demand then maybe...

Lind0n wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:43 pm Yep thats the point of it really - its filled with great sound patches to use as a starting point and a simple and very quick workflow to allow you to get "somewhere else" that is also good.
I prefer to start with an INIT patch as the starting point and then work from there...... :)
Lind0n wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:43 pmYep unison is applicable to all 7 sound sources...as are the 2 multi-mode filters, envelopes, vibrato, tremolo and glide...
Excellent. :tu:
Lind0n wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:43 pmNot right now - we want to concentrate on this first, if there is enough demand then maybe...
Ok fair enough. The first thing I thought of when I saw the FX page was "oooh I bet that would be nice as a separate plugin".... :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”