BITWIG on WIN 11 anyone already ?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello ! i just wann know if someone updated to win 11 already and if every thing runs ok ! Bitwig / vst plugins / soundcard etc... - i heard that it runs even tiny bit smoother !? thank you

It runs exactly the same, as far as I can tell. same driver model, same audio system (mostly, some consumer "enhancements") etc. In fact, I wouldn't bother unless there's a new feature you really need (rounded corners?). I wanted the run-linux-gui-apps-on-wsl feature. My CPU is "unsupported" (the one right before the cutoff! lol) but it runs fine.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

thanks good points! i have 2 backup PC´s both around 2 years old (AMD Octacore) sshd etc.. nothing is god enough for win 11 :) + there are very slow against my desktop pc !
he is win 11 ready! has B450 Mainboard with M.2 SSD (there are amazing ) + amd Ryzen 5 3600 (great single core perf. for plugins)/ 32gb ram and still it made me a bit work to activate TPM 2.0 in the Bios)

my as you say i gonna wait a bit longer because i had to to many new instalations of all my PC´s in past (getting a bit tired) because there is always a hidden bug :).and my acronis does not work for my SSD drives .:(
meanwhile getting older now and dreaming of bitwig in the personal cloud i have already 2 TB google cloud for complete backup but just the data backup ! no win backup !. ok cloud can break too (facebook !!!)
but i dont have to fix it then :)
cu

I can only speak for Bitwig and the few VST plugins I use, but they are solid on my Windows 11 machine. Other software that is running fine on Windows 11 is Davinci Resolve, Reaper, Digikam, Krita, HX Edit, Firefox, Chrome... nothing special there. I spend most of my time on Linux (Debian) though, and that's running Bitwig, Reaper, Windows VST's, and the FOSS software I also use on Windows (Krita, Digikam etc).

On my surface, the touch input doesn't run so smoothly. After installing bitwig, I was able to start it and then no touch responded. Closed with a USB mouse and restarted. Then it worked, but apparently not all inputs are recognized reliably. In play mode with the virtual pads, the inputs are not always possible in the lower left third. In the info area z B with the clips the touch input only went after a restart of bitwig ...

... and why does a new Windows 11 with an in-house product still need an external USB mouse and keyboard during installation? I was surprised ...

That TCP modules and UEFI suck.

esq1 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:23 am ... and why does a new Windows 11 with an in-house product still need an external USB mouse and keyboard during installation? I was surprised ...
i hate surprises.

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:41 am Official statement from Bitwig:

https://www.bitwig.com/stories/bitwig-n ... ws-11-160/
Good to know..

Yes, good to know there's an official statement. Although, after installing Windows 11 on my laptop (again) today (I really want to like it!), one look at the start menu (aka Windows Store ads) and I dumped it and am now putting Linux back on the laptop.

brendaningram wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:01 am Yes, good to know there's an official statement. Although, after installing Windows 11 on my laptop (again) today (I really want to like it!), one look at the start menu (aka Windows Store ads) and I dumped it and am now putting Linux back on the laptop.
I will give the 11 a chance. I have uninstall the mass on tools that I do not need like streaming services.
If I find the time I will do a reinstall a windows 10 and take a look to the touch sensitivity. After that I will spend the time for a second fresh 11 install. Are there the same problems in my surface I send bitwig a message.

I´m Running Windows 11 for quite a while now, since the Windows Insider Version came to the Stable channel and had no problems since then. Ok, one VST crashed because of the implemented Open GL support, turning that of solved that Problem, but else: All runs smooth here.

Win 11 still brand new so compatibility issue might take time. I recommend not to use 11 with music production software till the manufacturers announce there full compatibility.

Companies that afford subscriptions are likely respond to this issue more faster because users are paying for there software all the time.
Like for example Reason+ , iZotope etc…

Unlike one time payment or free software were takes longer for them to include stability.

After Installing Windows 11,

Has anyone experiencing slow performance on his device while running BWS & all VST plugins.

Return to “Bitwig”