Rift - A New Type Of Distortion Is Here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another thing that also started to worry me its cpu usage. Just, started to notice in some video reviews where can see cpu meter some uncertain behaviors.
And, couple mentions in thread from buyers as plus to that suspicion. Whereas most part other users who bought, suspiciously silent about it (they do not confirm, but what more important - and do not deny lol).
And if, as it seemed to me, there really is about 15% at many conditions, then this is not good.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:55 am Another thing that also started to worry me its cpu usage. Just, started to notice in some video reviews where can see cpu meter some uncertain behaviors.
And, couple mentions in thread from buyers as plus to that suspicion. Whereas most part other users who bought, suspiciously silent about it (they do not confirm, but what more important - and do not deny lol).
And if, as it seemed to me, there really is about 15% at many conditions, then this is not good.
running through the presets in Reaper the highest I get is 4% CPU for one instance. This is on my ancient i5 mostly around 2.5-3% Probably flicked through 50 or so presets

fairlyclose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:27 am running through the presets in Reaper the highest I get is 4% CPU for one instance. This is on my ancient i5 mostly around 2.5-3% Probably flicked through 50 or so presets
Sounds not a bad, but please - only not Reaper (for measurement). He ok, but often the least reflects that picture that can be seen in most daws.
So much so that the difference may be two or three times greater. But this does not mean that Reaper has some kind of magic optimization (although it is good), it just has its own load distribution algorithm, which is different from the rest. But that's a different topic.

When someone says 2-3% in Reaper, it usually means 10 to 15% in other DAWs.

c_voltage wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:53 am
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:27 am running through the presets in Reaper the highest I get is 4% CPU for one instance. This is on my ancient i5 mostly around 2.5-3% Probably flicked through 50 or so presets
Sounds not a bad, but please - only not Reaper (for measurement). He ok, but often the least reflects that picture that can be seen in most daws.
So much so that the difference may be two or three times greater. But this does not mean that Reaper has some kind of magic optimization (although it is good), it just has its own load distribution algorithm, which is different from the rest. But that's a different topic.
good call - Studio One maxes around 16% on the same test. I also tried Bitwig but they dont seem to have a comparable CPU load measure.

HcDoom wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 am When someone says 2-3% in Reaper, it usually means 10 to 15% in other DAWs.
Yes exactly.
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:27 am good call - Studio One maxes around 16% on the same test. I also tried Bitwig but they dont seem to have a comparable CPU load measure.
That already warmer. :(

c_voltage wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:03 am
HcDoom wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 am When someone says 2-3% in Reaper, it usually means 10 to 15% in other DAWs.
Yes exactly.
fairlyclose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:27 am good call - Studio One maxes around 16% on the same test. I also tried Bitwig but they dont seem to have a comparable CPU load measure.
That already warmer. :(
I haven't really tried but if you are worried you probably need to see usage across multiple instances in a vaguely real world test. I am very happy with Rift, but Trash2 is similarly good although more difficult to play with - and of course incredibly cheap when on sale

fairlyclose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:07 am I haven't really tried but if you are worried you probably need to see usage across multiple instances in a vaguely real world test. I am very happy with Rift, but Trash2 is similarly good although more difficult to play with - and of course incredibly cheap when on sale
No no, single instance is redundantly demonstrative thing. Multiple it's only cores quantity question.
But, about my dissatisfied smile, rather, i even glad such circumstance.
Now can drink a glass of brandy.

if this would have costed 49 everybody would buy this and the developer would gained alot more in the end...only my opinion ofcourse.
i have severe gas but i also have alot of distortions already...

Rift received a 10/10 in the November 2021 issue of the Computer Music Magazine review.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:27 am Rift received a 10/10 in the November 2021 issue of the Computer Music Magazine review.
Totally deserved... congratulations!! Rift is awesome because it seems to sound good on just about every kind of source material. Recently I've been using it to process wavetables for use in Vital and Serum. The saturation really brings out the unique detail of each wavetable. :tu:

Thought this might be of interest to some. Rift on Splice rent-to-own:

RENT-TO-OWN
4.99/mo.
for 26 months
Try free for 3 days
Pause or cancel at any time
No hidden fees or interest

https://splice.com/plugins/39041405-rif ... =subject-a

Yeh its a keeper, really good.

via paypal you can pay in 4 times too

I find Rift much better than Trash 2 (even if it lacks convolution)
the sound is much better defined
at first I thought it was expensive but after using it I realised it was worth its price
it's a great plugin

plexuss wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:08 pm Rift on Splice rent-to-own:
Hmm tnx, that option. (Will wait for next sale).

Return to “Effects”