Husserl2 polyphonic synth for Windows 10

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Works great here on Win 10. This is very organic in the way the sounds shift about, rather mesmerizing at times. I might look at the color palette, as I did one recently elsewhere. Good job-

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:46 am Works great here on Win 10. This is very organic in the way the sounds shift about, rather mesmerizing at times. I might look at the color palette, as I did one recently elsewhere. Good job-
Sounds great! lol.

Ok so I started working on a better display. What do people think of this 'Mocha' panel?

Actually I don't mind blue one. My problem is that the help pages go off the bottom of the screen and there is no scroll bar.

Oh that's easy to fix, I'll get a release out in the next day or two.

ok I think Ive finished the panel redesign so it is less bright and uses a standard color scheme, and enabled scrollbars in the help panels. It's updated on

https://yofiel.com/audio/husserl2.php

If there are no objections, may I release future versions of Husserl with this design?

Can we have a choice? I rather like the old blue!

Well I'd rather keep the one design and change the color programmatically, but that's going to take a little time, if you don't mind, because I plan to make a multiphonic version with multiple panels of different colors for each channel. Do you mind waiting a few weeks?

No problem!

Erisian wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:20 pm It's really annoying that it starts making a noise as soon as you open it.
Trun off all the notes and close it. It remembers the notes that were on or off and restores them when you repoen it.

I didn't manage to make it work properly on my machine. I think the problem is that I have several soundcards : I've selected the soundcard my keyboard is hooked to, but I haven't been able to control it through MIDI, don't know why (sound is working properly though). I have a lot of soundcard choices in the list, but I won't try to hook my keyboard to every port until it works, sorry. My soundcard is a RME Babyface Pro FS, I don't think this has anything to do with it. I just selected my Babyface just like in Cubase, and nothing happened with MIDI. Isn't the synth confused when there are several soundcards ? Did I make something wrong ?

At first I was convinced this synth would be a VST plugin, but Cubase didn't recognize it.

I second the fact that it's very, very annoying that the synth is going apesh!t as soon as you open it, making this weird sequenced thing, sounds like a bug at first.

I didn't try it for long as MIDI didn't work, but I understood absolutely nothing to the presets management system. :shrug:

Hope this helps you with your product.

PS : I like the GUI :tu:
Last edited by DJErmac on Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Mocha panel looks great
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

DJErmac wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:57 am I didn't manage to make it work properly on my machine. I think the problem is that I have several soundcards : I've selected the soundcard my keyboard is hooked to, but I haven't been able to control it through MIDI, don't know why (sound is working properly though). I have a lot of soundcard choices in the list, but I won't try to hook my keyboard to every port until it works, sorry. My soundcard is a RME Babyface Pro FS, I don't think this has anything to do with it. I just selected my Babyface just like in Cubase, and nothing happened with MIDI. Isn't the synth confused when there are several soundcards ? Did I make something wrong ?

At first I was convinced this synth would be a VST plugin, but Cubase didn't recognize it.

I second the fact that it's very, very annoying that the synth is going apesh!t as soon as you open it, making this weird sequenced thing, sounds like a bug at first.

I didn't try it for long as MIDI didn't work, but I understood absolutely nothing to the presets management system. :shrug:

Him I;m sorry I can;'t help you with the MIDI. Again, it is a standalone reWire executable, not a VST or live device. I've repeated this in every single forum I've shared it at least twice. I don't know what I need to do to make it clearer. I've told you twice now. It's also in the introduction on the download page.

AGAIN, if you turn off 'restore notes' and turn off the notes, and close it, it will remember the setting and not make any sound when you open it. Ive repeated that twice to you now. It's also on the main page. Its also in the quick start section of the download page.

Frankly now you've been told the above things at least twice, it doesn't surprise me you can't get MIDI working either. I suggest you try something simpler instead.

CrystalWizard wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:04 am Mocha panel looks great
Glad you like it ). Ive redesigned the filter to use a lot less CPU and reduced the required headroom for the saturator. The audio path now uses 30~50% less CPU. However the base usage for the panel display is still too high to make it a single-core M4L device, and Cycling74 doesn't support VSTs. So when I get the compressor design improved too, I'm going to make a multiphonic version. Later I'll look at removing the display elements and turning it into an M4L device, but I'll need the interactive displays to see the multphony is all working properly.
Last edited by yofiel on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yofiel wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:49 pm
DJErmac wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:57 am I didn't manage to make it work properly on my machine. I think the problem is that I have several soundcards : I've selected the soundcard my keyboard is hooked to, but I haven't been able to control it through MIDI, don't know why (sound is working properly though). I have a lot of soundcard choices in the list, but I won't try to hook my keyboard to every port until it works, sorry. My soundcard is a RME Babyface Pro FS, I don't think this has anything to do with it. I just selected my Babyface just like in Cubase, and nothing happened with MIDI. Isn't the synth confused when there are several soundcards ? Did I make something wrong ?

Him I;m sorry I can;'t help you with the MIDI. Again, it is a standalone reWire executable, not a VST or live device. I've repeated this in every single forum I've shared it at least twice. I don't know what I need to do to make it clearer. I've told you twice now. It's also in the introduction on the download page.

AGAIN, if you turn off 'restore notes' and turn off the notes, and close it, it will remember the setting and not make any sound when you open it. Ive repeated that twice to you now. It's also on the main page. Its also in the quick start section of the download page.

Frankly now you've been told the above things at least twice, it doesn't surprise me you can't get MIDI working either. I suggest you try something simpler instead.
Mmmm... this was the first time I was answering... :scared:
Don’t know where this ”at you twice” is coming from... :scared:
Sorry you took it that bad.
Yes, the fact that I expected a VST plugin is nothing but my very own confusion, you’re right.
Anyway you’re right in several ways. I’m quite stupid, I admit it. I’ll try something else. :lol:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Instruments”