very disappointment about vps avenger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dont really bother with codemeter, but i´d prefer ilok or icloud anyway. For me that´s the only good way in having my licenses in a way where i can switch platforms quickly without having to put serials in all over. For the usability; i´d say every synth has its pros and cons but never had an issue with Avenger; what it does it does really well. Speaking for myselft - before I judge a product I mostly think maybe I would need more time to feel comfortable with. But to each his own.

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:25 pm I was on a top secret mission to sample the bratwurst and the coffee,along with a few frauleins :wink:
No, Mr. digitalboytn! Admit it, you were zere to steal ze Code of ze Avengers!

Avenger sounds like weird plastic. If you like really harsh sounding, plasticky, mega compressed edm you'll probably like the sound though. It kind of hurts my ears. I would sell it but I'm just too lazy lol.

D.K Envelope wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:11 pm he dont write in german maybe he is from netherlands
For the record: He wrote casual, relatively flawless common German.

izonin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm
digitalboytn wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:25 pm I was on a top secret mission to sample the bratwurst and the coffee,along with a few frauleins :wink:
OK...I admit it...

I vas zere to steal ze Avenger Kode und to pass it to ze bean counters at Native Instruments Kontrol :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm
izonin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm

OK...I admit it...

I vas zere to steal ze Avenger Kode und to pass it to ze bean counters at Native Instruments Kontrol :wink:
Aha! Schame on ju! Virst ju steal ze Avenger, zen ze KodeMeter. Und zen wat? Ze KodeKilometer!

I don't mind that they use CodeMeter. I have Reason, so I already had CodeMeter, and was even able to put my Vengeance licenses on my CMStick (I have a generic one that works great for Reason, but can also be used for other softwares).

But I DO mind that even when you put your Vengeance licenses on a dongle, you STILL have to refresh them every 90 days. And I mind that Manuel hid this fact until people bought into the new scheme, and I mind that when Manuel was called out on this, he lied about it and said that CodeMeter requires the refresh. It does not. This is entirely in the control of the developer.

I pay for ZDT protection on my iLok dongle, which also requires a license refresh every 90 days. But this is my choice. I don't have to use it. Further, it works flawlessly every time. I get a popup when it's needed, and it just works. The Vengeance refresh, on the other hand, is so fundamentally broken that they had to write their own licensing tool to handle the refresh process. Otherwise it would eat up an additional license every time it refreshed.

I recently did a clean reinstall of macPOS and all the audio software. As an attempted work-around, I copied back all the plugins and most of their support files from my backups. Most of the plugins worked without requiring a re-install even those with DRM. Some required me to login if they use a call-home. A few so far are requiring a reinstall.

The worst so far as Waves, Melda and Avenger. Waves because I am on V9 and have to use their manual process which is on my to-do list. Melda's installer just hangs and I am working with support on it but they dont know so far what the problem is. Avenger because of CodeMeter. I have to find the time to get on a screensharing call with them so they can debug it. We got the license working but Avenger crashes.

So yeah... be wary of CodeMeter protected software.

I love avenger. I own every expansion. I also own everything else vengeance ever released so I’m very biased 😂

izonin wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:19 pm Aha! Schame on ju! Virst ju steal ze Avenger, zen ze KodeMeter. Und zen wat? Ze KodeKilometer!
:lol:

The best answer for people who are pissed off with the introduction of CodeMeter and a lack of sincere help from the developer of Avenger,is not to buy it...

After the sales drop off,the developer may start to get the message and hopefully reach out and listen to the peeps who were keeping him in business...

That is the real power we have as consumers...

The best news is that there are plenty of great synths and effects out there in a very crowded marketplace :tu:
No auto tune...

Guys, it is clear he is not a native English speaker, pointing the grammar errors is just rude. People in first world countries with better education never get it, you know how to make people feel unwelcome.
dedication to flying

Avenger is my favourite synth ever. The expansions are greater than great.
Its copy protection is quite stupid, but it works. The few users that are unhappy with it are barking loud, but the truth is that most users are dealing with it and are making music.
You can try it. If you buy it and regret it, then you pay the fee, that's how it works. Sorry for you.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Avenger 1.4 is great!

Avenger 1.5+ with CodeMeter is more trouble than it's worth. Still on 1.4.

DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 am Avenger is my favourite synth ever. The expansions are greater than great.
Its copy protection is quite stupid, but it works. The few users that are unhappy with it are barking loud, but the truth is that most users are dealing with it and are making music.
You can try it. If you buy it and regret it, then you pay the fee, that's how it works. Sorry for you.
ufff Fanboys :)

its a shit company that bothered loyal customers
punch in their faces , because of a cracker group

and forced us to buy expensive expansions, this synth sounds rubbish in my opinion
gui its a mess , copy protections is a nightmare

i have no positive words , its the only company with Reason that shit on their customers

enough said

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:33 am
DJErmac wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 am Avenger is my favourite synth ever. The expansions are greater than great.
ufff Fanboys :)

its a shit company that bothered loyal customers
punch in their faces , because of a cracker group

and forced us to buy expensive expansions, this synth sounds rubbish in my opinion
gui its a mess , copy protections is a nightmare

i have no positive words , its the only company with Reason that shit on their customers

enough said
How is anyone forced to buy expansions?
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Return to “Instruments”