Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
636 posts since 13 May, 2015

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:47 pm

Does anyone else think the “breakout” modules from the standalone instruments and effects lack CV inputs for many of the control parameters? For example CV control for Dirt is missing on the Tape Echoes module.

Also there are no attenuation controls for the CV inputs. How do I control the Tape Echo delay Time over a narrow range with an LFO connected to the CV input without it shifting the delay time across its full range?

KVRian
540 posts since 9 Apr, 2005 from Japan

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:42 pm

SHall1000 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:47 pm
Also there are no attenuation controls for the CV inputs. How do I control the Tape Echo delay Time over a narrow range with an LFO connected to the CV input without it shifting the delay time across its full range?
Add a Dual Gain module, route any CV signal through it, and use the knob to control the depth (amplitude) of the signal. You can do this for any CV input that doesn't have an amount knob.
Stormchild

KVRian
636 posts since 13 May, 2015

Post Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:43 pm

Arashi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:42 pm
SHall1000 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:47 pm
Add a Dual Gain module, route any CV signal through it, and use the knob to control the depth (amplitude) of the signal. You can do this for any CV input that doesn't have an amount knob.
Thanks.

KVRAF
20580 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:33 am

Okay, Softube Modular presets for PC are stored to this path.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Softube\Presets\Modular

Does anybody know where the path is for Mac? I have a customer who needs to put converted presets (softubepreset format) there.

Thanks.

KVRAF
2153 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:45 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:33 am
Okay, Softube Modular presets for PC are stored to this path.

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Softube\Presets\Modular

Does anybody know where the path is for Mac? I have a customer who needs to put converted presets (softubepreset format) there.

Thanks.
don't know the path, but softube modular has an import function.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRist
138 posts since 27 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:01 am

Try this,

/Library/Audio/Presets/Softube/Modular
Yorgos Simeonidis

KVRist
289 posts since 12 May, 2004

Post Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:50 am

wagtunes wrote:
Depending on the developer, presets can wind up in one of four places on a Mac. Besides the aforementioned:

/Library/Audio/Softube/Modular

...pathway, other developers may park their presets folders in the below mentioned pathways. I’ll assume filulilu is a Softube user (I'm not) and that is where the Softube program officially expects their presets to be stored... but, as a courtesy to other Mac users wondering about where to look in general, there are three other spots on a Mac that preset libraries might be stored:

/Root HD/Users/YourName/Library/Audio/Presets/Plug-in’s Developer Name

/RootHD/Library/Application Support/Plug-in’s Developer Name

...or possibly this pathway:

/Root HD/Users/Shared/Plug-in’s Developer Name and/or Plug-in Title

(This last one is where Native Instruments parks all its factory libraries)
On a number of Macs

KVRist
126 posts since 2 Mar, 2009

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 pm

All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?

KVRian
566 posts since 11 Nov, 2010 from ny

Post Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Yea I have a recommendation........Save your money for VCV Rack plugin dropping Nov 6th

KVRian
1333 posts since 15 Oct, 2005 from The Far North

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:57 am

SonicDimension wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 pm
All of the module expansions are 50% off this weekend (and Modular itself is 33% off). Any module recommendations?
Tried to find the sale, is it starting tomorrow?

KVRAF
2153 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:38 am

SonicDimension wrote:
beside the nice joke, what is point?, to go for VCV rack. any module rec's?

what do you own? i have most, especially the modular specific ones, and parallels and model 72, not the other 3 instruments. also reverbs.. o well.

all are great, softube modular, although i use also yes VCV rack, not that often, and Voltage Modular, with quite some modules, Reaktor, with quite some blocks... a lot..

softube modular gives me still sounds, that suits me, sound great, incredibly even. you don't need a lot of modules... if you patch it right...

the Buchla's of course. o well any modular specific module, i would recommend. it covers a lot, a lot. not many, as with VM or Reaktor or VCV, but the combinations....

but it depends also on what you already own. and want. but the buchla's...
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

KVRist
183 posts since 5 Jul, 2004

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:44 am

I love the mutable modules. The SM ones sound the BEST in the virtual realm IMO.

I wish they release more. An elements at least.

KVRian
850 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:46 am

WasteLand wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:38 am
SonicDimension wrote:
beside the nice joke, what is point?, to go for VCV rack. any module rec's?

what do you own? i have most, especially the modular specific ones, and parallels and model 72, not the other 3 instruments. also reverbs.. o well.

all are great, softube modular, although i use also yes VCV rack, not that often, and Voltage Modular, with quite some modules, Reaktor, with quite some blocks... a lot..

softube modular gives me still sounds, that suits me, sound great, incredibly even. you don't need a lot of modules... if you patch it right...

the Buchla's of course. o well any modular specific module, i would recommend. it covers a lot, a lot. not many, as with VM or Reaktor or VCV, but the combinations....

but it depends also on what you already own. and want. but the buchla's...
me too, i dont need VCV, because modular sounds so nice and gives me the sounds i want - only the handling could be more adopted by voltage modular

KVRAF
5363 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Hanover, Germany

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:15 am

Here's some stuff made with Softube Modular
(shameless selfpromotion)
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:48 am
A collection of ambient and generative tracks produced solely with the fabulous Softube Modular.

Aural waves, steady and unpredictable, playing the jeux d'eaux, with all their facets of the endless game.

Enjoy!

https://sonograyn.bandcamp.com/album/waves

KVRist
212 posts since 18 Dec, 2005

Post Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:47 am

martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:15 am
Here's some stuff made with Softube Modular
(shameless selfpromotion)
martinjuenke wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:48 am
A collection of ambient and generative tracks produced solely with the fabulous Softube Modular.

Aural waves, steady and unpredictable, playing the jeux d'eaux, with all their facets of the endless game.

Enjoy!

https://sonograyn.bandcamp.com/album/waves
Nice music, gorgeous sounds => bought!

Return to “Instruments”