Cherry Audio Products Now Offer Full Apple Silicon M1 Native Support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

October 7th, 2021 -- Today, Cherry Audio has released updates for all of its instrument products. Every instrument and effect product in the Cherry Audio line-up, except for Voltage Modular, now features full Apple Silicon M1 native support. In addition, all Cherry Audio instruments now include our new "Quality" oversampling feature, fixes for rare Mac login issues, and other bug fixes.

The following new versions have been released today:
  • DCO-106 1.2.0 Build 51
  • CA2600 1.2.0 Build 101
  • Surrealistic MG-1 Plus 1.2.0 Build 65
  • Polymode 1.2.0 Build 53
  • Eight Voice 1.2.0 Build 106
  • PS-20 1.2.0 Build 96
  • Memorymode 1.2.0 Build 124
  • Mercury-4 1.2.0 Build 96
All Cherry Audio instrument and effects products, other than Voltage Modular, are now compatible with macOS 10.9 or above, including macOS 12 Monterey, and are fully compatible with Apple M1 and Intel processors. In addition, all Cherry Audio products are fully compatible with Windows 11.

Cherry Audio customers will find the latest installers for all Cherry Audio products in their Library at this location: https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/settings/library
Last edited by cherryDan on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:clap:

Wow, the oversampling option is also very welcome…

Thanks, Dan, and congrats! Any ETA on Voltage Modular?

Also Mercury 4, and Stardust 201 Tape Echo.

Mercury-4 1.2.0 has also been released with M1 compatibility. Stardust 201 was already M1 compatible.

Voltage Modular will be M1-native by the end of the year, but I don't have a release date for that yet.

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Great news, thanks! Now that I have all the Cherry plugins, it's quite tedious to manually download and run 8 separate installers. Sometimes the plugins update themselves, but I guess that wasn't possible in this case. Assuming the collection will continue to grow at a fast pace, it would be nice to eventually have a plugin manager for this. I know some people hate those (so you could continue to offer separate downloads), but IMO it's a much better experience than manually installing individual updates.
Stormchild

That's great news. Thanks for the heads up.

Arashi wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:40 am Great news, thanks! Now that I have all the Cherry plugins, it's quite tedious to manually download and run 8 separate installers. Sometimes the plugins update themselves, but I guess that wasn't possible in this case. Assuming the collection will continue to grow at a fast pace, it would be nice to eventually have a plugin manager for this. I know some people hate those (so you could continue to offer separate downloads), but IMO it's a much better experience than manually installing individual updates.
Yes, same here. I have all of their synths and it would be convenient to just update everything from an app instead of individually downloading each plugin and installing.

yes, fix AUTO DOWNLOAD UPDATE thing, please

Not only does Cherry Audio give us a bunch of retro synths, they also take us back to the 90s of computing when every software installation assumed we wanted icons on the desktop!
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

the over sampling really makes these shine! hands down these are the best new synths i own, and man they are dirt cheap... Saved me from dumping tons of money on a take 5... Thank you cherry audio.. Unison mercury 4 is a thing of beauty.

Some patches in the new ARM version VST, for instance PS-20, show a lot of spikes in the CPU load in my Bitwig 4.04.
The CPU load is effectively worse then with the X64 version in Komplete Kontrol in Bitwig. All at the normal sample rate.
4x oversampling give crackling with these patches with just one instance loaded.
I do not know what is causing this. Maybe it is more of a Bitwig 4.04 problem.

or maybe at least make the in vst download link download it immediately. IE Windows version downloads Windows update. Mac do Mac.
If routing to the webpage is the goal, to serve up ADs, I use adblocker anyway and never get ads.

I get snap crackle at 4x sometimes too, so I use 2x and its good enough to me

pough wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:32 pm Not only does Cherry Audio give us a bunch of retro synths, they also take us back to the 90s of computing when every software installation assumed we wanted icons on the desktop!
It adds the icon only if you select Standalone (along with VST or whatever other choices) during the install.

Return to “Instruments”