Using "Guitar Scientist" to create Linnstrument Scale and Chord Patterns

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using the guitarscientist.com to create patterns for scales and chords for the Linnstrument. It is a great program. To make the patterns for the Linnstrument, you just need to create a pattern for an 8-string instrument and set the tuning for each string. If you set-up the tuning for each of the 8 strings as "E-B-Gb-Db-Ab-Eb-Bb-F", and the number of frets to 25, then it creates the Linnstrument panel perfectly.

I have some patterns that I already set-up that you can use as a start, just do a search for "Linnstrument" and you will find my patterns. You can use the Guitar Scientist for free indefinitely. It operates on donations so I would hope you would contribute if you find it useful.

I'm going to suggest to the creator that he create an "Linnstrument" type on his site to make it easier.

Give me feedback on what you think.

Gary Steele

p.s. I have been going through Jeff Moen's on-line instruction class for the Linnstrument and I highly recommend it. I have created some of his fingering patterns on the Guitar Scientist forms that he uses. I hope that some of the other Linnstrument users can create some of your own forms for all of us to share.

Happy "Linnstrumentaling" (am I the first to use this new word)

Gary Steele

Thats great, thanks for sharing. I will create something for the tritone tuning I am using mostly…

This site have existed forever and is also very useful for the LinnStrument, you don't need to create an account and it's very easy to use:

https://12bar.de/php/scale_generator.php
Win 11 | Linnstrument | Bitwig | MOTU Digital Performer | Kurzweil K2000R | Roland JV-1080 | Roland JV-2080 | Roland GR-50 | Doepfer Dark Energy | Xfer Serum | UVI Falcon | u-he | iZotope | Arturia | Synapse Audio

There are also several free apps for your iPhone or iPad...

The first that comes to mind is D'Scales, by D'Addario, which can map just about any chord, arp, or scale for you, across the entire "fretboard", in a multitude of tunings; one of which is all fourths like the LinnStrument.

Cheers!

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:07 am I will create something for the tritone tuning I am using mostly…
The link of your creation is no longer public, so here is a photo of it.

LinnStrument Tritone Tuning.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”