Went OTB - and then ITB again

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:58 pmWhile doing that I happened upon a nearly 1 hour demo of the Arturia PolyBrute. Mostly just playing and tweaking of sounds.

I immediately loved the sounds I was hearing. For me, analog still has something digital doesn't and I'm still discovering that I really like analog synthesis. I decided to buy a PolyBrute.
The PolyBrute finally arrived yesterday. Sounds wonderful as expected and am looking forward to exploring all the expressive possibilities. The user interface is freakin fantastic!

pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:38 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:58 pmWhile doing that I happened upon a nearly 1 hour demo of the Arturia PolyBrute. Mostly just playing and tweaking of sounds.

I immediately loved the sounds I was hearing. For me, analog still has something digital doesn't and I'm still discovering that I really like analog synthesis. I decided to buy a PolyBrute.
The PolyBrute finally arrived yesterday. Sounds wonderful as expected and am looking forward to exploring all the expressive possibilities. The user interface is freakin fantastic!
i feel the same regards strega which arrived monday :D
polyphony is a fad :P :hihi:

have fun, she does indeed sound like a beauty! :tu:
and all the hands on stuff looks great too, the morph thing especially.
if a rich relative i dont know i have dies and i inherit some cash, maybe, just maybe!

I bet it's not as good as DUNE or Thorn. Just sayin'.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 am I bet it's not as good as DUNE or Thorn. Just sayin'.
https://youtu.be/AOjOFIuVgbI

And a Waldorf M. Getting quite Polytastic there!

Meanwhile I cannot for the life on me decide on a poly. Between Massive X, Cypher, Repro 5, and NI Super 8, and old Massive - they seem to cover my poly needs quite well.

_leras wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm

And a Waldorf M. Getting quite Polytastic there!

Meanwhile I cannot for the life on me decide on a poly. Between Massive X, Cypher, Repro 5, and NI Super 8, and old Massive - they seem to cover my poly needs quite well.
The Polybrute and M make a great combo... and fantastic hands on experience with both. The Mod Matrix on the Polybrute is so easy to work with it feels like cheating. :hihi:

I haven't heard anything in software that sounds like the M.

No way I am giving up my softsynths... but I love hardware! :tu:

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:28 am
BONES wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 am I bet it's not as good as DUNE or Thorn. Just sayin'.
Thank you for proving my point for me. That is the greatest waste of time and equipment I have ever seen in my life. I could do better by shoving a microphone down my underpants and walking around town for half-an-hour. It is beyond pointless and about as entertaining as an endoscopy. Seriously, the wind through the rigging at the marina where I live is infinitely more musical and more entertaining, too.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm
Thank you for proving my point for me. That is the greatest waste of time and equipment I have ever seen in my life. I could do better by shoving a microphone down my underpants and walking around town for half-an-hour. It is beyond pointless and about as entertaining as an endoscopy. Seriously, the wind through the rigging at the marina where I live is infinitely more musical and more entertaining, too.
There’s only one way to prove that. Shove two mics, or an x/y and you can then market it as ASMR.

BONES wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm I could do better by shoving a microphone down my underpants and walking around town for half-an-hour.
Victorian police are on the lookout for man named Mike walking around Melbourne streets in his underpants...

Police say that he is armed,but not dangerous :wink:
No auto tune...

I've eaten Bat, I think it was a fruit bat.

BONES wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm
i don't believe you and expect proof :)

man, you act so punk, but you so square! :ud:

pekbro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:49 am I've eaten Bat, I think it was a fruit bat.
dont do that, look what happens when people eat bat.

full disclosure, i also own an endoscope.

DrGonzo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:03 am I know this is subject is like the sweetest nectar for the ITB/OTB-Talibans out there, so please contribute in a constructive manner.
I literally laughed when I opened your thread. Referring to the Taliban intro it was a good joke (if it was a joke). So I just wanted to say you made a moment for me.

Regarding your experience I don't see it wrong or right. We are all different and everyone needs to find his best workflow that's all to it IMHO.

BONES wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:57 pm I could do better by shoving a microphone down my underpants and walking around town for half-an-hour.
As long as you are sure where it is and which way it points when you want to sit down.

I say because I care for you, mate :hug:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”