Your First Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Moog Minimoog, brand new in '79, I kick myself daily for selling it in a weak moment.

I will say though the Behringer Model D does scratch that old itch, and at a miniscule cost.

Examigan wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:24 pm I forgot I also had a Synare drum synth (before the CZ 101) which didn't have a keyboard but used synthesis.
That is a nice piece of kit! A very diverse synth. I believe a company makes a remake... Helenssen?

midierror wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:13 am
ozinga wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:55 pm Casio VL1
First Serious one Korg DW 8000. (planning to purchase one again)
First soft instrument if I remember right a program called stomp and of course first plugin Steinberg Neon :)
Hey! VL-1 is serious!! But, yeah...DW 8000 is probably more of a real synth. I think I remember Stomp, isn't it like a electronic percussion/sfx maker?
I love VL-1 (Also I was 8 years old when I had it so I was not serious even though the VL-1 was) :)
Yes some sort of one shot drum synth as far as I remember :)

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:49 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:31 pm ive spent the last two years spending a fortune on things like this.
my son and his missus hate me but my granddaughter thinks im awesome :D
You might like the 8 Bit Keys guy then....

https://www.youtube.com/c/8BitKeys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsFURWRssT8
shes only 2 next week :lol:
bit of time before anything that doesn't have animal sounds and lots of colours :hihi:

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:57 pm shes only 2 next week :lol:
bit of time before anything that doesn't have animal sounds and lots of colours :hihi:
:lol: So basically like our average KVR user then ? :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:48 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:57 pm shes only 2 next week :lol:
:lol: So basically like our average KVR user then ? :P
:lol: meow!

Roland Alpha-Juno 1. Shouldnaeha sold it.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Krakatau wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:13 pm the 1st i touched and took early lessons of synthesis in 1972-73 : EMS AKS
The 1st i've purchased in 1984 : Korg Poly-800
Almost the same. But first lessons on a custom made modular and a Synclvier at TU Berlin, first own Poly-800, followed by a DX7…
My first soft synth I probably made myself in Max/MSP. I don’t count Digidesigns softsynth as it was non-realtime. The first commercial soft synth most likely came with an Arturia keyboard that had also Bitwig in the box. But after I got my LinnStrument, my arsenal exploded…

ozinga wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:33 pm Yes some sort of one shot drum synth as far as I remember :)
Wow thats a blast from the past!!! I used that too

Bombadil wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:17 pm Roland Alpha-Juno 1. Shouldnaeha sold it.
Yeah great synths those! A guess a steep learning curve for a beginner as it was knobless as I recall.

Dirk Diggler wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:27 pm Moog Minimoog, brand new in '79, I kick myself daily for selling it in a weak moment.

I will say though the Behringer Model D does scratch that old itch, and at a miniscule cost.
We've all had our weak moments - perhaps an opportunity to learn there! The Model D is great - sounds good and takes up a bit less space.

First hardware i got, not a synth even Roland MC-303, i was nuts with grooveboxes.
First commercial software synth was Alchemy (i wonder how i can download and use it, so sad), i earned it in KVR contest. Since then, G.A.S didn't stop...

Have a nice day.

IrionDaRonin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:59 pm First commercial software synth was Alchemy (i wonder how i can download and use it, so sad)
You didn't back up the files back when they were being bought out by Apple?
I have reinstalled it a few times since then. :)

Examigan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:31 pm
IrionDaRonin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:59 pm First commercial software synth was Alchemy (i wonder how i can download and use it, so sad)
You didn't back up the files back when they were being bought out by Apple?
I have reinstalled it a few times since then. :)
I didn't, mate. I'm not much into synth news, and that epoque i was busy in other stuff, so i missed it. :(

IrionDaRonin wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:59 pm First hardware i got, not a synth even Roland MC-303, i was nuts with grooveboxes.
First commercial software synth was Alchemy (i wonder how i can download and use it, so sad), i earned it in KVR contest. Since then, G.A.S didn't stop...

Have a nice day.
MC303 sounds great! I still have some samples off one from the late 90s!

Return to “Instruments”