MASSIVE X Gui latency

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When sweeping the dials there is visual lag for the dail animation and the digital value.

I have a 5900X cpu and 1080ti gpu, this should not happen. Anyone had this before?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Nope. The GUI opens pretty slowly here though.

No, not on 1050 Ti and Intel UHD.

Do you have a special mouse with a high polling rate maybe?

I don't know about the OP, but, I have a mouse with a polling rate of 1000 Hz, and don't experience lags in dial animation or values.

What daw do you use?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I use Cubase 11 pro, I don't have this issue with any other vsti or fx.

I have a Logi G502 Lightspeed mouse, it is wireless but has its own dongle transmitter its rock-solid, 1000 polling rate and low ish dpi.

I'll try their support team. Because I don't think i had this issue with my previous machine which used the same GPU.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

There's definitely something weird about their graphics framework. I also had a few issues with some other plugins, Replika XT for example, on my old laptop with Intel graphics. MX is alright though, apart from the slowish GUI loading, as I mentioned. It seems like it's faster when you use Komplete Kontrol though.

Actually, you could try that. Load up MX in Komplete Kontrol, and see if the issue persists then. No guarantees, just something you could try.

kenny saunders wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:27 pm I have a Logi G502 Lightspeed mouse, it is wireless but has its own dongle transmitter its rock-solid, 1000 polling rate and low ish dpi.
I'm curious if turning the dpi down or using a different mouse would change it...

Works fine on my MBP 16" in Live 11.

3900x, gtx1060*, Cubase 11. No issues here.
It looks like you have a very rare issue so good luck with their support and getting any remedy.

*although I went through entire optimization process for AMD CPU and NVIDIA cards, so maybe I turned off something that could potentially cause such an issue

5900X, gtx1060 6gb, Cubase Pro 11. also no issues here.

indeed some optimizations, but they are mostly effective for non-interrupted audio...
using the studio drivers, with no other software of Nvidia. drivers only.

I'm also on a GTX 1060 6 GB, FWIW.

I only have the MassiveX demo on my internet system but it seems to be responding well here. Knob movement and readout is smooth and this is an old business machine with nothing more than onboard Intel graphics.

It's got a Logitech G400S mouse and like I said everything seems to operate smoothly. It's got to be a setting somewhere. Could it be a system or DAW scaling setting?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

kenny saunders wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 pm When sweeping the dials there is visual lag for the dail animation and the digital value.

I have a 5900X cpu and 1080ti gpu, this should not happen. Anyone had this before?
In VST3 this could be a "feature" of the plug-in format where the host is supposed to add the plug-in latency onto communication between plug-in and GUI, allegedly so things happen visually "as you hear" them rather than "as you expect" them.

Return to “Instruments”