very disappointment about vps avenger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Norqa wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:32 pm Let us know Tek, in all truth though you should at least email the developer.
You are in an influential position, people sometimes listen to you.
I'm in no influential position whatsoever. I just say what's on my mind like everybody else.

The time I had an exchange with the developer on the subject of a refund I was told I would no longer be eligible for support and would not be allowed to sell my license because I had asked for a refund and exchanged attitudes with their "support" person.

I don't really want to bang my head on that wall again. :?

Like I said these people don't strike me as being the kind to just start handing out refunds.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:17 pm
hes been back a good while now.
Kvr cancelled him vurt, that is the history of Kvr.

Norqa wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:33 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:17 pm
hes been back a good while now.
Kvr cancelled him vurt, that is the history of Kvr.
i wasnt here when that happened, on hiatus finding myself :hihi:
but he has been forgiven, like a prodigal bastard he has returneth! :scared: :party:

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:34 pm
but he has been forgiven, like a prodigal bastard he has returneth! :scared: :party:
Yes a bit like Dr Who he was regenerated
But they neutered him.
Not one of Kvr's finest moments.

thats life i guess :shrug:

Well, inspired by this thread, I just asked for a refund and was told that it's too late for that and that nobody got a refund lately.
Andre wrote that I could have asked for a refund back then when the copy protection was changed.
I probably was too stupid to think of that back then, I was so annoyed with the idiotic way the protection works that I uninstalled the whole bundle of crapware and forgot about it.
Some time later I tried to sell it so somebody who doesn't care may have fun with it, but nobody would take it, even for low prices. :shrug:

So screw them... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 pm Well, inspired by this thread, I just asked for a refund and was told that it's too late for that and that nobody got a refund lately.
Tom,
Thanks for being the first person to bust the myth.
:D
It is not often that I would like to see the demise of a developer, but maybe this time :)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 pm Well, inspired by this thread, I just asked for a refund and was told that it's too late for that and that nobody got a refund lately.
Andre wrote that I could have asked for a refund back then when the copy protection was changed.
I probably was too stupid to think of that back then, I was so annoyed with the idiotic way the protection works that I uninstalled the whole bundle of crapware and forgot about it.
Some time later I tried to sell it so somebody who doesn't care may have fun with it, but nobody would take it, even for low prices. :shrug:

So screw them... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Cheers,

Tom
Same here.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:45 pm Andre wrote that I could have asked for a refund back then when the copy protection was changed.
I call Bullsh*t. No one would have gotten a refund back then or a lot of us would have tried. :x

I'm sorry but while Avenger is a nice synth the people behind it are despicable....in my opinion of course. :bang:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yeah, I regret buying Vengeance plugins. Customer support is aweful. I was promised years ago updates to a plugin which crashes al the time. But those updates never came.

They marketed their Avenger plugin with fact it had serial copy protection. But they changed it to a intrusive Codemeter copy protection which you have to reauthorize every few months.

Their sample/preset libraries are of good quality. And I have to admit I learned a lot from studying Manuel Schleis’ presets.

So what's the deal now - Few pages earlier one forumer reported we could get a refund by simply contacting the support. The recent pages say - no, we can't.
I'm confused ... which adds greatly to me being annoyed about all this.

kiezum wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:42 am Their sample/preset libraries are of good quality. And I have to admit I learned a lot from studying Manuel Schleis’ presets.
I suggest to take a look at Parawave Rapid and Mirko Rutas presets, which are above excellent. They serve as good source for inspiration. Only yesterday he released a new preset lib...

Teksonik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:21 pm The time I had an exchange with the developer on the subject of a refund I was told I would no longer be eligible for support and would not be allowed to sell my license because I had asked for a refund and exchanged attitudes with their "support" person.
:evil:

Wow, they really chose well when they called their company Vengeance. :tu:

Norqa wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:49 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:34 pm
Yes a bit like Dr Who he was regenerated
But they neutered him.
Not one of Kvr's finest moments.

Norqa
KVRist
Contact Norqa
190 posts since 13 Jul, 2021
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:25 pm We have reached Godwin's law and not even to page 5 yet..... :?
You're the catalyst only sir, not directed at you.

and this is a problem that needs serious addressing...I spent months this year with PM's off because of the usual members, but also a group/sockpuppets. Dan banned him/them for an unbelievable attack on me in the roll call thread...and I actually asked Dan and then changed it to a suspension.

To call me, a veteran, an honorable veteran a nazi is absolutely hate speech and should not imo be accepted in any civilized society...but I am called worse (but keep in mind, this soldier went through boot camp in 1978, every single drill sgt was a well seasoned Vietnam Vet, Full Metal Jacket boot camp scenes were very close to my experience...I wouldnt suggest saying it to my face) :lol:

Billions of words on this planet and people who call themselves intelligent cant express themselves any better? Godwins law is offensive to the people who are making the posts calling people nazis, it simply screams desperation of no longer having a point to make and imo displays a total lack of intellect.

There are indeed legit uses of the word, or at least some that would not directly challenge KvR rules...calling someone/company a nazi is a violation of the rules.../end
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Return to “Instruments”