Went OTB - and then ITB again

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:38 amman, you act so punk, but you so square! :ud:
That is nothing more than pretentious art-school krap, about as Punk as 5 Seconds of Summer. I'll tell you how bad that thing is - I had assumed you had deliberately linked to the worst thing you could find on YouTube, just to get a rise out of me. So I wasn't going to post a response but then I looked at it more closely and realised that you probably were serious. To me there is absolutely no aspect of it that has any merit whatsoever. It might have sounded like a cool idea when they thought it up but the result is a dismal, total failure. A complete and utter waste of decent technology. Stahlwerksynfonie or Information Overload Unit it is not.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:39 am
pekbro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:49 am I've eaten Bat, I think it was a fruit bat.
dont do that, look what happens when people eat bat.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Ready for my latest sofa rig

I updated my laptop, all the software…komplete ultimate, v collection, bought all the IK software in their latest “buy one instrument have everything weve ever made” promo

Pair of iloud micros, a gap 73 jr, launchpad pro

Ready to rock….surfed the internet, made a loop or two in ableton…mondo bass sounds great, chose the same bass I have in hardware 🙄

Ok back to mpc…I hate laptops

kcearl wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:21 am Ready for my latest sofa rig

I updated my laptop, all the software…komplete ultimate, v collection, bought all the IK software in their latest “buy one instrument have everything weve ever made” promo

Ready to rock….surfed the internet, made a loop or two in ableton…mondo bass sounds great, chose the same bass I have in hardware 🙄

Sounds to me like you’ve got a perfect setup that’s only missing a Moog One.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:30 am

I think that CS80 (on your knees) match sofa and laptop better :D

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:06 am
vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:38 amman, you act so punk, but you so square! :ud:
That is nothing more than pretentious art-school krap, about as Punk as 5 Seconds of Summer. I'll tell you how bad that thing is - I had assumed you had deliberately linked to the worst thing you could find on YouTube, just to get a rise out of me. So I wasn't going to post a response but then I looked at it more closely and realised that you probably were serious. To me there is absolutely no aspect of it that has any merit whatsoever. It might have sounded like a cool idea when they thought it up but the result is a dismal, total failure. A complete and utter waste of decent technology. Stahlwerksynfonie or Information Overload Unit it is not.
getting a rise from you would be easy :lol:
you walk around, one level below "rise!"

i didn't say "it" was punk :P
merely i expect punks to not be so stuck in their ways, they tend to see a bigger picture than your average bloke.

that's punk the ethos not the music of course ;)

still waiting on the marina and arse recordings :)

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pm that's punk the ethos not the music of course ;)
Named after the period when it got you easily laid and/or free beer. :party:

(this cynical remark isn't criticism towards 'the ethos' itself, far from it)

Just bought a IK synth pro keys…think it runs on a battery pack…its as far as Im going to go.

Still hate laptops, so do my eyes!

pixel85 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:19 am

I think that CS80 (on your knees) match sofa and laptop better :D
I bought one of those hospital tables so when my seats fully reclyned it can just slot in over the chair…its also getting me used to making tunes in a care home setting :D

jamcat wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 am
vurt wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:39 am
pekbro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:49 am I've eaten Bat, I think it was a fruit bat.
dont do that, look what happens when people eat bat.
exactly! look at him now!!!

Not to mention rabies post-exposure prophylaxis shots for 28 days straight.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pmmerely i expect punks to not be so stuck in their ways, they tend to see a bigger picture than your average bloke.
Well, definitely to experience different things but that doesn't mean you have to appreciate anything just for being different, especially when most of "being different" is just rubbish.
The two are inextricably linked in my mind which is why Punk bands these days are just sad parodies of what the movement stood for. That thing is more like Modern Art, which any self-respecting Punk would want to tear down for its pretentiousness.
kcearl wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:39 pmStill hate laptops, so do my eyes!
The laptop is the greatest musical instrument ever created. It is the pinnacle of everything I have worked towards since I bought my first synth in 1981. TB303 (x 2) -> QX7 -> SQD-1 -> M1 -> O1R/W -> Trinity -> Desktop PC -> Laptop! None of the things we have achieved as a band could ever have been possible without a laptop. And the best bit is that it's something I don't have to buy specifically for music. It is a piece of equipment I would own anyway, that I can write off against my profession, and music isn't the hardest thing I need it to do so I don't need to spend an extra penny making sure it's up to the rigours of live performance or studio production. Even going back to a desktop computer would involve massive compromises. Without laptops I reckon I'd have given up on music years ago and missed out on most of the success we've enjoyed in recent times.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

If I had to make music on a laptop Id take up snowboarding instead :D

Seriously my experiment failed…though I love making wee sofa rigs, so it was fun anyway. Now my new baby’s settling into a routine Im going back to the studio anyway…my beautiful, big, expensive, redundant, synths and hardware…cannae wait :love:

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pm

merely i expect punks to not be so stuck in their ways, they tend to see a bigger picture than your average bloke.

Nah. Don’t let that “I’m tossing the rules in the garbage and lighting them on fire” thing fool you. Punks are just as dogmatic and inflexible as anyone. Not that Bones is punk… but Industrial cats are the same. One would think musicians were a bit more open minded, but in my experience it’s quite the opposite, for the most part.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pm

I made a similar comment with respect to Henry Rollins' attitude towards electronic music, many moons ago on KVR.

At any rate, you might be waiting on the arse recordings for a bit. That does prompt a question though. Can you ever really get a high quality arse recording? I mean, it would take a somewhat incompatible combination of willingness to use high end gear to obtain the recording with interest in making the recording.

It does put a bit of a damper, so to speak, on the used microphone market, no?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”