IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRian
1233 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 am
We have plenty of products in the pipeline. [...] I see two more products likely to come out this month alone.
Hopefully MODO String Quartet/Orchestra and MODO Guitar

Or Helios 69 preamp/EQ and Ampex ATR-102 for T-RackS
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRAF
6870 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:38 am

Thanks, Peter. Enjoy Aspen! :D
"You shoulda been there."
Dr. Winston O'Boogie

KVRian
916 posts since 8 Oct, 2019

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:01 am

Is there a way to hide plugins that you don't own in the TR5 Suite like you can in Amplitube and Sample Tank?

KVRAF
4429 posts since 5 May, 2005 from Stockholm, Sweden

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:30 am

lotus2035 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:00 am
Regarding Amplitube, It would be nice to be able to hide the gear selector window. 8)
How about it? :party:

KVRist
135 posts since 1 Sep, 2006

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:54 am

Wondering if anyone else has this issue.

I used one of my freebies on Clavitube. It sounds amazing! But the problem is, it doesn't sound for long. About 90 seconds after I load it up, it stops generating sound. It's receiving MIDI and the keys light up on the interface when I press them. It happens hosted and standalone. It's fully registered on the Product Manager. This also happens with the drum kits that come for free with Sampletank 4 CS. But it doesn't happen with any of the other instruments that come with Sampletank or with Orchestral percussion, which I also picked as a freebies.

I'm considering entering the GB again at a lower level to get some of the other Sampletank instruments and some of the new Amplitube items recently added to the GB. But not sure I want to risk other Sampletank instruments not working. Has anyone else experienced this and resolved it?

I did open a ticket with IK support last Saturday, but never heard back. Here's the ticket number: 1315923. I'm hoping this is something stupid on my end.

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 am

So…

I have been selling some of my extra licenses. Just sold a EQ73. Got the dreaded… “You have reached the limit for license transfers. Please contact customer support.” message.

By the time I contacted the buyer and updated my post on here to mark it as sold… Customer service had already responded to my request and got it sorted out. Less than 10 minutes? Maybe less than five minutes? This is the quickest response I have ever received from any customer service… Anywhere.

Now unfortunately… When I registered my Uno synth, I only got 2 Jam points. I mean… WTH? I’ve gotten more than that for registering a free product lol. :dog:

HM
KVRian
634 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:31 pm

jrides wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 am
Less than 10 minutes? Maybe less than five minutes? This is the quickest response I have ever received from any customer service… Anywhere.

Now unfortunately… When I registered my Uno synth, I only got 2 Jam points. I mean… WTH? I’ve gotten more than that for registering a free product lol. :dog:
Quick service comes at a price you know :)
HM

KVRian
1149 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:58 pm

jrides wrote:
Sounds as if you may be in the UK as they have a shortage of jam due to a shortfall in lorry drivers.

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:05 pm

HM wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:31 pm
jrides wrote:
Less than 10 minutes? Maybe less than five minutes? This is the quickest response I have ever received from any customer service… Anywhere.

Quick service comes at a price you know :)
You guys are hilarious! :D

Contacted customer support again and they got it sorted out.

KVRist
69 posts since 5 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:35 pm

They must be in a good mood, I'm still waiting for a reply for an issue I contacted them 10 days ago.

Their tech support set up is pretty clever actually, you're not allowed to talk about lack of support in their forum and you have no way of contacting a real person for any issues...

You get what you pay for I suppose!

KVRian
639 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:35 pm

Really impressed with Syntronik. I was skeptical, due to it basically being a rompler... but there's a lot of raw (drift tech) waveforms available, in most of (all?) the instruments. Between that and the modelled filters, you can really get away with a lot in terms of sound design.

So, it's more like a really advanced... rompler. :P

It was tricky figuring out how to automate Syntronik's knobs in Studio One... but it can be done. A macro knob assignment feature (similar to Sample Tank 4's) would have really gone a long way with this engine.

KVRAF
7346 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:25 pm

No denial about subscriptions because we have no plans to do so at this time.
That’s certainly an odd way to way to comment on subscriptions.

If you weren’t going the sub route it would have been a denial.

Saying you’re not going the subscription route “at this time” should be interpreted as yes it’s happening but not in October.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7541 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:31 pm

elxsound wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:25 pm
No denial about subscriptions because we have no plans to do so at this time.
That’s certainly an odd way to way to comment on subscriptions.

If you weren’t going the sub route it would have been a denial.

Saying you’re not going the subscription route “at this time” should be interpreted as yes it’s happening but not in October.
Sorry you find it odd. I don't think it is. I don't have a crystal ball, and people tend to nitpick posts (well, I suppose this is already an example) so I stated exactly how it is. We do not have any current plans to go subscription. The powers that be can decide something different if they so choose, hence the "at this time". It means there are no plans in the foreseeable future. There's no conspiracy going on.

And no that's not "how it should be interpreted" because that's not at all how it was meant.
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRian
1317 posts since 3 Mar, 2009 from Colorado Springs

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:36 pm

I personally don't hate subs, it's just down to whether a given one provides an attractive value proposition or not. I sincerely doubt it is beyond IKMM (who have always been pretty good at promotions!) to make a sub attractive to some of their customers if they ever change their mind. But it seems weird to focus too much on discussing it on the basis of, "aha!... that's just what someone who meant the opposite might say!" :lol:

I was thinking I'd not want it over sounds but when I gave Lurssen a chance and made real use of one of the tape machines also, I liked the combo together so much I ended up saving a new post-mix tinkering FX chain. Lurssen MC really had a "voice" in how it handled the audio I gave it and after dialing it in I liked how it treated my mix on an energetic track with a lot of synths. I have to admit I was concerned going in that I might not be in charge of the process enough to be happy with it but on the other side of testing it out I felt I was able to aim it at my mix how I wanted to and adjust the trajectory for the better. It impressed enough to figure I might want that voice on some upcoming stuff, so I picked it as one of my final selections rather than a Sampletank pack. I'll still use other tools, but it'll be cool to have as an option.

Also, those tape machines are cool, I ended up getting the other two I hadn't picked after liking one of them on the thing I was working on, I figure I'll end up making use of them. I hadn't given tape emulation plugins much of a chance previously but I can dig it.

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:15 am

Agreed wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:17 pm

But, wow, I was really underestimating how much I didn't even know I wanted a Hammond and a bunch of Mellotron/Chamberlain etc. stuff in Sampletron 2. Let me expose my ignorance, I hadn't given much thought to how Mellotrons work or what the whole point of them was in their context, so I have to admit I was pretty unaware that back in the 1960s they were totally doing sampling with this badass finicky magnetic tape playing keyboard and also it's, like, tons of sounds of the prog rock era in a plugin, and now I'm completely hooked playing everything. Flutes! Big ass choir AAHHHS with somewhat scratchy string accompaniment or low-octave rumbly baritones mixed in too like I'm composing epic stuff, or maybe just a SNES RPG game soundtrack :love: Cello, but the low notes sound kinda like bass :love: And way more. Sounding glorious, to me, but never to decay, never to suffer magnetic destruction due to magnetized read heads, or get stretched out because I didn't wait long enough playing the thing after taking it out of a colder room, and weighing whatever a download weighs instead of two hundred pounds. Hey, I'm sold.
Welcome to the club!

In spite of all the high end orchestra samples that are available today (including the Miroslav library, which has its own interesting history), there's something special about the lo-fi Mellotron strings, flutes etc. It's hard to describe. You just FEEL it when you play it.

In the ancient days of SampleTank v1, IK created a version of the engine that they called SampleTank LE that you could use load and play third party sound libraries, which were called Expansion Tanks. If you bought one of the Expansion Tank sound sets, you could throw on a copy of SampleTank LE for I think ten bucks and you were all set.

One of those first Expansion Tank sound libraries was a now-forgotten set of Mellotron sounds called Mello Zone. Not too long afterwards, Dave Kerzner over at Sonic Reality released Squids Tron Collection vol 1 as another SampleTank library.

It's hard to get across how big a deal this was at the time. Think of it this way... we almost automatically think of any computer/sampled instruments as not being as good as the real thing. But with Mellotrons, having SampleTank and one or both libraries was far better than the real thing. It wasn't even close. A real Mellotron could only store three tape banks (sounds) at once. The tape banks were expensive, often hard to get, and fragile. The instrument itself was also fragile.

But with SampleTank LE and those two sound libraries, you suddenly had all of the major sounds in hand (and a lot of obscure ones as well in the Squids collection). Loading all the sounds you wanted - even if they came from different source instruments - was just a matter of clicking a mouse. You could play them with your choice of controller keyboard, and you could even layer the sounds and create keyboard splits. It was Mellotron heaven.

Those sounds (and a few specific piano sounds) were what got me hooked on SampleTank and IK in general in those days, so I love it when others discover the Mellotron libraries and really "get it".

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”