DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.0)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

RE: Generic Flexi’s Program Change feature
PROBLEM: "Me", most likely...

I’m obviously doing something wrong since I’m not seeing the Program Banks section added to a synth’s Studio IO Panel in Bitwig. I do the following:
1. configure a Generic Flexi for a HW synth
2. save the .properties file for that HW synth
3. Create a patch names file (.program) and give it the same name as the .properties file
4. Save it in the same folder as the .properties file.
5. After doing this, none of my HW synth display the Program Change addition in the Program IO Panel for that particularly FLEXI defined synth. Rebooting doesn't help.
6. Even if I just use the generic naming template (rather than one designed to work with a particular synth), the Program Change section doesn’t show up (so it’s not a case of me setting up the header incorrectly).
Any idea what stupid mistake I might be making?

egor wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:10 pm RE: Generic Flexi’s Program Change feature
PROBLEM: "Me", most likely...
Figured it out: When defining a Generic Flexi, you have to set the "Selected Slot - MIDI Trigger" to "Type=Program Change", then refresh the MIDI assignment at the top. Once you've done the Selected Slot assignment once, then you don't need to do it in the future. Once I figured that out, all my patch names and program change messages worked.

Noobie trying to figure out...
What I want to achieve: Map my hw synth (Roland System 8 ) sliders to adjust Bitwig remote controls.
What I have done: After watcing videos and reading I have setup Generic flexi and added sliders one by one to device parameters 1-8. Saved settings.
Problem: Only the latest added of the eight sliders control works, previous stop working. Example: 1st remote control works, but when I set second one first stops working. I've checked that sliders are not sending same midi number.

What am I doing wrong here?

Did you select a different slot for each assignment?

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:22 am Did you select a different slot for each assignment?
Seems I didn't. Got it now. Kudos :hail:

Hi mister Moss,

Thanks for all the work you did and the comfort that brings me and many others in producing! I bought a secondhand novation launchpad pro, and wanted to hook it up on my bitwig (latest version) live setup. I downloaded the drivenbymoss 14.1 and thought lets go... But when I use it in session view (bitwigs cliplauncher) the arrows on the launchpad work the other way around. Also in new projects. So up= left down = right left= up and right= down. Very confusing when performing.

I tried to figure out if this maybe is a wrong setting by me (I could be stupid and overlooking it), but I cannot find it here or any place else on the web. So before I go back to the store (still got warranty) I thought I try to ask it here first.

Thanks in advance! :tu:

Hi, I feel still quite new to MOSS and Launchpad MK3 and at the moment I got stocked with how do I get access to the document settings to change the scale and root note.

"Manual 22.19.1 Scales"

Does that belong to the LPMK3 setting. Means I have to deactivate first the controller in Bitwig to access it. Sorry, If this newbie question...

Jurgen,

I use Bitwih with my APC 40.
On bitwig, the selected matrix 5X8 clips on the APC is mirrored by a matrix of 5X8 with little white squares at the left top of each clip.
On Ableton, the matrix 5X8 is reflected by a big rectangle which surrounded the whole matrix and this is more visible on a live gig situation.
Could this be implented in your script ?

Just installed Bitwig 4 along with the DrivenByMoss extention for my Push 2 controller. I like how it uses the display for doing things like volume and panning controls, especially since my Console 1 setup doesn't work with Bitwig (bummer!)..

But one thing is really annoying me. The colours for the pads is totally f*cked up.. and when I use my Push 2 in Ableton Live, the colours are still f*cked up... the setup menu in Bitwig allows for changing the colours used for the display, but not for the pads... I *REALLY* want my default Push 2 colours back, so I'm inches away from uninstalling this script. Is there ANY way of resetting these colours back to Push 2 default?
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Hi, Jürgen.
Not quite sure, but the "Stop" button on my Maschine Mk3 does not work anymore. (It works with the original controller settings from Bitwig, so it's obviously no hardware issue). Could this be due to the latest MacOS Update perhaps? Any other idea?

So now I've tried to uninstall the DrivenByMoss extention, but all my colours are still f**ked up on my Push... how to fix this really annoying issue? What file does this extention alter in the Push setup?
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

cremoer wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 pm Hi, Jürgen.
Not quite sure, but the "Stop" button on my Maschine Mk3 does not work anymore. (It works with the original controller settings from Bitwig, so it's obviously no hardware issue). Could this be due to the latest MacOS Update perhaps? Any other idea?
Just to take the confusion a little step further (at least for me): In a new project in Bitwig the "Stop" button works. When I switch back and forth between the projects, in the one project (the new one) the "Stop" button on the Maschine works, in the other one it doesn't.
Last edited by cremoer on Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

danilosan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:04 pm Hi, I feel still quite new to MOSS and Launchpad MK3 and at the moment I got stocked with how do I get access to the document settings to change the scale and root note.

"Manual 22.19.1 Scales"

Does that belong to the LPMK3 setting. Means I have to deactivate first the controller in Bitwig to access it. Sorry, If this newbie question...
No worries, Bitwig did hide it quite a bit: in the pane on the right select the I/O pane and click the little arrow before the Extension name.

De Kraken wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:34 pm Hi mister Moss,

Thanks for all the work you did and the comfort that brings me and many others in producing! I bought a secondhand novation launchpad pro, and wanted to hook it up on my bitwig (latest version) live setup. I downloaded the drivenbymoss 14.1 and thought lets go... But when I use it in session view (bitwigs cliplauncher) the arrows on the launchpad work the other way around. Also in new projects. So up= left down = right left= up and right= down. Very confusing when performing.

I tried to figure out if this maybe is a wrong setting by me (I could be stupid and overlooking it), but I cannot find it here or any place else on the web. So before I go back to the store (still got warranty) I thought I try to ask it here first.

Thanks in advance! :tu:
There were many discussions (and opinions) about this sice it also depends on if you have flipped the session view and also which layout you have selected in Bitwig (MIX or ARRANGE). Therefore, I have decided that the cursor keys always trigger the same function independent of the settings.

dupont wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:28 pm Jurgen,

I use Bitwih with my APC 40.
On bitwig, the selected matrix 5X8 clips on the APC is mirrored by a matrix of 5X8 with little white squares at the left top of each clip.
On Ableton, the matrix 5X8 is reflected by a big rectangle which surrounded the whole matrix and this is more visible on a live gig situation.
Could this be implented in your script ?
No. This is something you need to request from Bitwig.

Return to “Controller Scripting”