IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 am
Honestly this should have reached 25,000 already and by a while ago
You know we're going to procrastinate. After all, we're musicians!

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:00 am

Also... Peter, I have to give the IK marketing team big props for the brilliance of this promotion.

And of course, major props to you personally for staying in touch with all of us through the forums. Whenever you have those kind of days that give you doubts, yes - knowing that someone at the company is paying attention really does matter to a lot of us.

KVRian
880 posts since 3 Sep, 2011

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:26 am

And props to Peter for honestly admitting this group buy went slower than they expected.

And though it was a good move by IK to include some hardware, I ultimately decided to cancel my order for an irig keys i/o. Unfortunately most of their hardware available here in India is overpriced, and I already own an Uno synth otherwise may have bought one. The irig keys was reasonably priced but I didn't really need another interface or keyboard and didn't like that it needs a proprietary cable, so cancelled the order before receiving it.

And though I was originally slightly critical of this GB and found it a bit gimmicky, they made it more enticing with the inclusion of hardware. And now I think it's pretty good even without the hardware even though I will most likely skip it. I reckon it's probably not as attractive to ppl that already own a bunch of IK products and that could be one reason why it took so long to get to 25. And as a max product owner I think I'm better off upgrading to total studio max, so hoping for a maxgrade or total studio spectacular sale soon.

Either way, props to IK!
Last edited by maschinelf on Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
44 posts since 20 Sep, 2021

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am

Hi all, I've all the syntronik stuff, the sampletank stuff (except for the resonator) and the t-racks stuff (exc the tascam bundle); I've also other 26 slots left, one at the 149$ and the other at 100$ or 50$.

Anyone can reccomend me the best/essential stuff for amplitube? I'm thinking to use the 149$ slot for Amplitube SE but then I don't know really what to choose. I'm not really a guitar player so I'll use the amplitube stuff for more creative purpose.

HM
KVRian
629 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:47 am

torgo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:15 am
Agreed wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:17 pm

But, wow, I was really underestimating how much I didn't even know I wanted a Hammond and a bunch of Mellotron/Chamberlain etc. stuff in Sampletron 2. Let me expose my ignorance, I hadn't given much thought to how Mellotrons work or what the whole point of them was in their context, so I have to admit I was pretty unaware that back in the 1960s they were totally doing sampling with this badass finicky magnetic tape playing keyboard and also it's, like, tons of sounds of the prog rock era in a plugin, and now I'm completely hooked playing everything. Flutes! Big ass choir AAHHHS with somewhat scratchy string accompaniment or low-octave rumbly baritones mixed in too like I'm composing epic stuff, or maybe just a SNES RPG game soundtrack :love: Cello, but the low notes sound kinda like bass :love: And way more. Sounding glorious, to me, but never to decay, never to suffer magnetic destruction due to magnetized read heads, or get stretched out because I didn't wait long enough playing the thing after taking it out of a colder room, and weighing whatever a download weighs instead of two hundred pounds. Hey, I'm sold.
Welcome to the club!

In spite of all the high end orchestra samples that are available today (including the Miroslav library, which has its own interesting history), there's something special about the lo-fi Mellotron strings, flutes etc. It's hard to describe. You just FEEL it when you play it.

In the ancient days of SampleTank v1, IK created a version of the engine that they called SampleTank LE that you could use load and play third party sound libraries, which were called Expansion Tanks. If you bought one of the Expansion Tank sound sets, you could throw on a copy of SampleTank LE for I think ten bucks and you were all set.

One of those first Expansion Tank sound libraries was a now-forgotten set of Mellotron sounds called Mello Zone. Not too long afterwards, Dave Kerzner over at Sonic Reality released Squids Tron Collection vol 1 as another SampleTank library.

It's hard to get across how big a deal this was at the time. Think of it this way... we almost automatically think of any computer/sampled instruments as not being as good as the real thing. But with Mellotrons, having SampleTank and one or both libraries was far better than the real thing. It wasn't even close. A real Mellotron could only store three tape banks (sounds) at once. The tape banks were expensive, often hard to get, and fragile. The instrument itself was also fragile.

But with SampleTank LE and those two sound libraries, you suddenly had all of the major sounds in hand (and a lot of obscure ones as well in the Squids collection). Loading all the sounds you wanted - even if they came from different source instruments - was just a matter of clicking a mouse. You could play them with your choice of controller keyboard, and you could even layer the sounds and create keyboard splits. It was Mellotron heaven.

Those sounds (and a few specific piano sounds) were what got me hooked on SampleTank and IK in general in those days, so I love it when others discover the Mellotron libraries and really "get it".
Agree on Mellotron and Hammond

But IMHO the worst product overall pt seems to be Sampletank

I was on Sampletank 1.0 and 2.0 in those days it made sense compared to the general market

After 2.0 it became cluttered, cpu-heavy, bad default eff-settings, lots of bugs in new releases

In version 3.0 giving up, the default sounds was uninspirring to put it diplomatic, only a few OK

As for now my main library is Kontakt and Absolute plus individual instruments

Still I used the chance now to ad Hammond and Mellotron, and upgrade to ST to version 4

I dont expect much from ST4 ,.. maybe 10-20 usable sounds ,.. but added some instruments:

1. Resonator ,.. this one is unique IMHO ,.. so just bought it outside the GB
2. Art Deco Piano ,.. both the sound (and history plus design is special)
3. American Accoustic ,.. not bad ,.. certainly usable in some cases
4. Fractured Piano
5. Shipwrecked Piano
6. Malletopia
7. Malletension
8. Orcestral Percussion
9. Cinnematic Percussion

Also good:

10. Wurli 120
11. Piano Bass
12. Stage 73
13. Gran C70P

Fill up ,.. now that its more or less "free":

14. Synth Wave
16. Trap
17. Reggaeton
18. EDM
19. Grid
20. Clavi
20. Future Synth

Everything Loop left out ,.. not sure about the drum-libs ,.. if to much loop-based

Now we must see if ST get used a little ,. or will be finally discontinued in my setup


If they go subscribtion they will loose me all over the line, just like f.eks. Slate did


Got entryes ranging 59-199, so added Syntronik, all MODO, and Miroslav CE also

As for Mellotron I hope to make some own sounds, melodica and my voice for an start

Many dont realise this is possible I guess
HM

HM
KVRian
629 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:06 am

ThSProd wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am
Hi all, I've all the syntronik stuff, the sampletank stuff (except for the resonator) and the t-racks stuff (exc the tascam bundle); I've also other 26 slots left, one at the 149$ and the other at 100$ or 50$.

Anyone can reccomend me the best/essential stuff for amplitube? I'm thinking to use the 149$ slot for Amplitube SE but then I don't know really what to choose. I'm not really a guitar player so I'll use the amplitube stuff for more creative purpose.
Cabs and Amps there is plenty ,.. stomps are more diffrent

Download the big comparison PDF and do the homework based on your own preferences

I printed all out ,.. and used colored highlighters to get through

Ad as many well-choosen collections as possible ,..

Those I found will ad most bennefit from basic level in case you are lazy:

1 Fender-1
2 Metal
3 Jimi H

Seccundary: Dime, May, and Slash

But I added all collections on top of Amplitube 5 though ,.. as I decided to max out


Important:

Everyone should notice that if you got full version 5, (not SE), "metal" is included

(not being informed about this costed me one shot)
HM

KVRist
44 posts since 20 Sep, 2021

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:30 am

HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:06 am
ThSProd wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am
Hi all, I've all the syntronik stuff, the sampletank stuff (except for the resonator) and the t-racks stuff (exc the tascam bundle); I've also other 26 slots left, one at the 149$ and the other at 100$ or 50$.

Anyone can reccomend me the best/essential stuff for amplitube? I'm thinking to use the 149$ slot for Amplitube SE but then I don't know really what to choose. I'm not really a guitar player so I'll use the amplitube stuff for more creative purpose.
Cabs and Amps there is plenty ,.. stomps are more diffrent

Download the big comparison PDF and do the homework based on your own preferences

I printed all out ,.. and used colored highlighters to get through

Ad as many well-choosen collections as possible ,..

Those I found will ad most bennefit from basic level in case you are lazy:

1 Fender-1
2 Metal
3 Jimi H

Seccundary: Dime, May, and Slash

But I added all collections on top of Amplitube 5 though ,.. as I decided to max out


Important:

Everyone should notice that if you got full version 5, (not SE), "metal" is included

(not being informed about this costed me one shot)
Thank you for the suggestions, really helpful; I'll have to do the homework then.

KVRian
758 posts since 25 Aug, 2006

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 am

torgo wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:22 am
Honestly this should have reached 25,000 already and by a while ago
You know we're going to procrastinate. After all, we're musicians!
Just start putting it out that the group buy is capped at 25,000 participants. Lol

HM
KVRian
629 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am

ThSProd wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:30 am
HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:06 am

Download the big comparison PDF and do the homework based on your own preferences

Those I found will ad most bennefit from basic level in case you are lazy:

1 Fender-1
2 Metal
3 Jimi H

Seccundary: Dime, May, and Slash
Thank you for the suggestions, really helpful; I'll have to do the homework then.
Your welcome, could get you started less painfull at least :-)

Watched a lot of tubes also to get an overview, IK did throw a lot of small extras in, as you can see
in your slots, perfect if you got som free slots at low level, unfortunately I guess there is no way to demo these single small-items proberly, without using days for demoing in Custom Shop,...

In essense these "small items" are whats not available in the collections AFAIK

The list:

T-Rex Moller 24.99

T-Rex Mudhoney 24.99

T-Rex® Replica™ Model 24.99

Nirvana 24.99

Pinnacle Deluxe 24.99

Seek Trem 24.99

Seek Wah 24.99

Contour Wah 24.99

Power Grid 24.99

Shape Shifter 24.99

ENGL E650 34.99

ENGL Powerball 34.99

HiAmp 24.99

V3M 34.99

MAZ 18 Jr. 24.99

Z Wreck 24.99

MB 150 S 24.99

JCA100H 34.99

JCA20H 24.99

THD Bi-Valve 14.99

4x12 HiAmp 9.99

2x12 V3M 9.99

1x12 MAZ 18 Jr. 9.99

2x12 Z Wreck 9.99

1x12 MB 150 S 9.99

4x12 E 412 PRO XXL 9.99

4x12 E 412 Standard 9.99

I guess this list should not being ignored, E650 f.eks. seems nice, and could be googled with
a few hits ,.. but a big work to get the overview if one have to pick only a few from the list

E650 at 52 secconds in the tube


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHN_8mqR7iY&t=52s


https://youtu.be/wgJ8xYvuI6w


https://youtu.be/XaJXfCRlduI
HM

KVRAF
6782 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 am

I'm not too much into the hi-gain stuff that sounds like chugging farts from the bowels of hell, but the Dr. Z's are very nice, articulate clean/crunch amps. I will round out my group buy with a Dr. Z cab and the X-Time algorithm. I'll probably buy the 2nd Dr. Z cab myself (€8.50 with jampoints).
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair.

KVRist
44 posts since 20 Sep, 2021

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:42 am

HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am
ThSProd wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:30 am
HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:06 am

Download the big comparison PDF and do the homework based on your own preferences

Those I found will ad most bennefit from basic level in case you are lazy:

1 Fender-1
2 Metal
3 Jimi H

Seccundary: Dime, May, and Slash
Thank you for the suggestions, really helpful; I'll have to do the homework then.
Your welcome, could get you started less painfull at least :-)

Watched a lot of tubes also to get an overview, IK did throw a lot of small extras in, as you can see
in your slots, perfect if you got som free slots at low level, unfortunately I guess there is no way to demo these single small-items proberly, without using days for demoing in Custom Shop,...

In essense these "small items" are whats not available in the collections AFAIK

The list:

T-Rex Moller 24.99

T-Rex Mudhoney 24.99

T-Rex® Replica™ Model 24.99

Nirvana 24.99

Pinnacle Deluxe 24.99

Seek Trem 24.99

Seek Wah 24.99

Contour Wah 24.99

Power Grid 24.99

Shape Shifter 24.99

ENGL E650 34.99

ENGL Powerball 34.99

HiAmp 24.99

V3M 34.99

MAZ 18 Jr. 24.99

Z Wreck 24.99

MB 150 S 24.99

JCA100H 34.99

JCA20H 24.99

THD Bi-Valve 14.99

4x12 HiAmp 9.99

2x12 V3M 9.99

1x12 MAZ 18 Jr. 9.99

2x12 Z Wreck 9.99

1x12 MB 150 S 9.99

4x12 E 412 PRO XXL 9.99

4x12 E 412 Standard 9.99

I guess this list should not being ignored, E650 f.eks. seems nice, and could be googled with
a few hits ,.. but a big work to get the overview if one have to pick only a few from the list

E650 at 52 secconds in the tube


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHN_8mqR7iY&t=52s


https://youtu.be/wgJ8xYvuI6w


https://youtu.be/XaJXfCRlduI
These extras are what brought me here to ask some advice because are only on their CS and not listed/explained in their site, and for a noob like me this is like swim in the dark ahah.
I'm sure these videos are going to help me in my choiche.

HM
KVRian
629 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:18 am

Bombadil wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 am
I'm not too much into the hi-gain stuff that sounds like chugging farts from the bowels of hell, but
I see where you are comming from, same here,...

But even Black Uhuru does impliment a distorded guitar in tasteful ways IMHO :lol:

Various distortion also makes wonders building new low end sounds

And then the hole possibility using some of AT-eff for general studio-use

Guess Blues and Jazz also got there own "signature-distortion"

Recently bought a Epiphone LP for "old sound" but found it to be very mordern and rocky :?

One of the thing I will try to use AT for is making "old sound"

Without buying yet another real old "hollow-body" kinda guitar

Much to be done in playing skills and proccesing I guess, and hope
HM

KVRAF
6782 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am

Peter,
Could you please clarify, as I didn't receive an answer to this:
Does Amplitube need to be online to be able to use the custom shop stuff?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair.

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:38 pm

ThSProd wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:36 am
Hi all, I've all the syntronik stuff, the sampletank stuff (except for the resonator) and the t-racks stuff (exc the tascam bundle); I've also other 26 slots left, one at the 149$ and the other at 100$ or 50$.

Anyone can reccomend me the best/essential stuff for amplitube? I'm thinking to use the 149$ slot for Amplitube SE but then I don't know really what to choose. I'm not really a guitar player so I'll use the amplitube stuff for more creative purpose.
"Not really a guitar player" makes a difference. I'm not knocking distortion/overdrive, but for us as non-guitarists we don't really need every overdrive stomp pedal, and the "clean" channels of the amps are probably more useful for us than the amps and high distortion channels favored by metal guitarists.

But with that in mind, I'll second the recommendation for the Hendrix collection mainly for the amps that are included.

I did a rundown quite a few pages back of the main Marshall amps and the Amplitube sets that have them. The Hendrix set has the only JTM45 representation that I know of. That was essentially their flagship up through 1966. It has a Silvertone Twin Twelve 1484 and a Sunn 1200S, which are the only Silvertone and Sunn amp representations (not just these models, but any amp by those makers) anywhere in Amplitube. It has the Fender Dual Showman, a particular line not otherwise in Amplitube, and it also has models of the Fender Bassman and Twin Reverb and the Marshall JTM 100 (model #1959) Super Lead - significant models in the histories of Fender and Marshall.

So even if you don't intend to mimic the sounds of Purple Haze or Third Stone From The Sun, it's an impressive collection of vintage amps including several not found in the other collections.

Most of the effects are fuzz (distortion), but it has the tape echo stomp and the rotary speaker rack effect.

And in case anyone cares, it's the only collection that includes the AKG C-12 microphone. The Hendrix and Brian May sets are the only ones that have the Neumann U67 mic, and the Hendrix and Fender Collection #1 are the only ones with the Beyerdynamic 160 ribbon microphone. (If you've checked the prices in the custom shop, the mics are dirt cheap anyway - but I figured I'd pass along the info for anyone who might be interested.)

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:49 pm

HM wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:56 am
In essense these "small items" are whats not available in the collections AFAIK

The list:

T-Rex Moller 24.99

T-Rex Mudhoney 24.99

T-Rex® Replica™ Model 24.99

Nirvana 24.99

Pinnacle Deluxe 24.99

Seek Trem 24.99

Seek Wah 24.99

Contour Wah 24.99

Power Grid 24.99

Shape Shifter 24.99

ENGL E650 34.99

ENGL Powerball 34.99

HiAmp 24.99

V3M 34.99

MAZ 18 Jr. 24.99

Z Wreck 24.99

MB 150 S 24.99

JCA100H 34.99

JCA20H 24.99

THD Bi-Valve 14.99

4x12 HiAmp 9.99

2x12 V3M 9.99

1x12 MAZ 18 Jr. 9.99

2x12 Z Wreck 9.99

1x12 MB 150 S 9.99

4x12 E 412 PRO XXL 9.99

4x12 E 412 Standard 9.99

Add the Nu-Tron III (automatic wah pedal) to this list ($14.99 / 15 gear credits).

And if anyone has completely run out of other things to get and still has choices left over, there's the Bottle 63 and Tube VM microphones (otherwise a mere $5 each).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”