I really love NI's Kontour

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
1891 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:23 pm

For some reason, I never really paid attention to it. I actually kinda love all of NI's synthesizers though I didn't take to Rounds yet. Need to give that another look too.

addled muppet weed
85885 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:33 pm

yeah it's very special 8)

form is my go-to though, love that thing so much ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

addled muppet weed
85885 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:38 pm

also razor, for one patch :o
many years ago, played in a band covering for a pregnant keyboard player.
didn't know any of the songs, first night rehearsal, just warming up, fired up razor, through the massive keyboard amp, this huge bass sound, pure filth!
i just held a note, and fiddled with the pitch bend, drummer joined in, was bloody awesome 8)

rest of the band weren't as pleased :lol:

KVRAF

Topic Starter

1891 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Skanner XT and Prism are pretty special too. Haven't quite gotten the hang of Spark, but knowing what I know now, it has to be really special in some way. Yeh, love Razor! Like that story, I can almost hear what you are talking about. I really like Form but haven't spent enough time with it. Feels slightly complex to me to know how to coax the good stuff out. But definitely going to spend more time with it based on your comment!

KVRAF
9179 posts since 3 Feb, 2003 from Finland, Espoo

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:19 pm

Form and Razor are both absolutely brilliant synthesizers (/sample mangler for Form of course). NI have an absolutely kick ass collection of synths.

Massive X is also extremely nice to operate and program, and exceptionally flexible.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

v1o
KVRAF
3028 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:51 pm

I recently discovered NI's Grobian. Its quirky but awesome!
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRAF
4611 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:02 pm

To those that like kontour , I advice to check out cha-osc in the user library , also done by mastermind Stephan Schmidt .
It's essentially the grand daddy of kontour .
It's also based around self feedback phase modulation with a complex and deep feedback structure .
Really rewarding once you figured it out .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

db3
KVRAF
2645 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:30 am

Kontour sounds great, as do other Reaktor synths such as Rounds. Would like to see NI turn them into standalone plugins like Super 8 โ€” so I don't keep forgetting I have them.

KVRer
7 posts since 7 May, 2010

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:27 am

Yeah, I love Kontour, too. Wish they would implement a proper legato mode for those organic and lively lead sounds <3

Return to โ€œInstrumentsโ€