New Instrumental Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
abi
KVRian
850 posts since 11 May, 2004 from cologne,germany

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 pm

Morgaxx
KVRian
569 posts since 29 Feb, 2004 from Toronto

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:00 pm

I enjoyed the groove and playing. Nice work. However, to me your drums sounded somewhat separate from the mix. Its as if the band, minus your drummer, were nicely tracked in a room together and then the drummer was recorded elsewhere. This is not at all terrible, just something that took away from me 'buying it' 100%. Still 8)
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Bansaw
KVRAF
1648 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:14 pm

I enjoyed it.
With the drum comment above, the snare does appear to be front and center. The kick is pretty much missing though.
In fact, the low end (kick & bass) could be beefed up to give it a fuller sound.
Anyway, overall I enjoyed listening to it.

Dirtgrain
KVRAF
2375 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:03 am

I dig the opening. The melodic string lines are cool. There were times where the two string lines seemed to compete for space, but that is nitpicking. The shift at about 1:04 sounds great, as does the relative lull after, with the one stringed voice playing. Peace.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

abi
KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:04 am

Thanks for your comments guys!

you were right about the drums, i tried to improve it and exchanged the track. so let me know if it sounds better, i.e. more like in a room or stoll separated!

thanks again!

abi
KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:05 am

hey, i remixed the track a little, I hope the drums sound more "in the mix now"!

Return to “Music Cafe”