UAD Plugins compatibility with Bitwig 3?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I'm a Bitwig 3 user and I'm looking to upgrade my studio. I plan on buying a Softube Console 1 MK2 and an Apollo Twin MK2. I'd like to know if UAD plugins are compatible with Bitwig 3. All answers are appreciated.

Thanks

Yes of course they are compatible.
I use a PCIe quad with no issues in Bitwig 3.
Only gripe is latency. I just cannot use the UAD plugins in the creative/ producing process (independent from DAW). The more plugins I add to a channel, the more MIDI latency I get.
So I use them for mixing at the end.
Don´t know if this is the same with apollo units but it makes me use them less than I want.
And let me tell you: There are great plugins with no UAD label on it. Valhalla etc...
The average bored guy

Plugins work fine for me, whether I put them in UAD Console, or in Bitwig itself. I also have just bought Console I.
I am using the Apollo X platform on a Win 10 PC with an Asus T3 card ... I haven't pushed things, but I haven't found the latency problems that bite_me reports ... perhaps I have tin ears ...
Very happily bought into the UAD platform ... the hardware is terrific, I really like the unison inserts options ... and impressed by the plugins I have used (so much to try, and to learn!). I haven't explored the amp's really as I have an Axe FX modeler, but the reverbs, compressors and EQ's are nice and clear to experiment with. Capitol Chambers is amazing!
Also impressed by UAD ... lots of prompt and highly technical help when I had initial interface problems (all sorted, T3 works just fine on my PC's (tower and laptop)) ... and when I added an XFour to my X8 it came with a bundle of plugins to choose from most of which I already had ... an exchange of emails and the offer was extended very fruitfully ... yes they carpet-bomb you with offers, etc., but they aren't alone in that!
Bitwig feels like a progressive platform, and as a PC user, UAD's stuff feels similar, even if a lot of their models are everything but ...

Same here, every uad plugin in bitwig add 25ms delay. Very annoying and frustrating...

found this old thread. quick question: is this 25ms still present ? example using an octo satellite over usb
SYS 64738

I haven't had any issues with UAD2 on Bitwig 3. UAD are always Rock Solid and highest quality.

They do have some plug ins that introduce some latency, but they are not the only company that does. Bitwig is pretty good at reporting latency, so it's possible to see which plug ins might be affecting you at any stage.

nocollabbro wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:39 pm Hello all,

I'm a Bitwig 3 user and I'm looking to upgrade my studio. I plan on buying a Softube Console 1 MK2 and an Apollo Twin MK2. I'd like to know if UAD plugins are compatible with Bitwig 3. All answers are appreciated.

Thanks
Just so you know there is a Bitwig subforum on KVR. It's really helpful and has a lot of good information

_leras wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:05 pm I haven't had any issues with UAD2 on Bitwig 3. UAD are always Rock Solid and highest quality.

They do have some plug ins that introduce some latency, but they are not the only company that does. Bitwig is pretty good at reporting latency, so it's possible to see which plug ins might be affecting you at any stage.
thank you, great information !
SYS 64738

UltraByte wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am found this old thread. quick question: is this 25ms still present ? example using an octo satellite over usb
I believe so. It’s why I only use the UAD plugins on hardware going into my Apollo and native for everything else.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:24 am
UltraByte wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:39 am found this old thread. quick question: is this 25ms still present ? example using an octo satellite over usb
I believe so. It’s why I only use the UAD plugins on hardware going into my Apollo and native for everything else.
thank you, that makes indeed a lot of sense.
SYS 64738

Yes, it's the general function of the uad system that introduces the latency. The signal gets routed to the hardware and back. This introduces the latency.

Return to “Instruments”