Stochas: transpose the pattern while playing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I'm investigating how to use Stochas on my sequencer and I can't see if it's possible to transpose the whole pattern by playing a root key on my keyboard or from a note on my track. I don't understand how to create chord progressions on the active pattern. Any idea ?? Thanks !!

Yes, of course :-) And I've watched many videos and I haven't seen that anyone was mentioning the possibility to transpose the pattern to the key pressed on the keyboard, neither I see any configuration parameter for that on the plugin. Thanks !

Hmmm. The description says it's one of the features, so somehow...
https://stochas.org/stochas/

Well, that was easy enough to find...
Patch Options>Midi Mapping>Dropdown>Transpose

Hi psynical and thanks. I've tried that but it's not what I want to achive. As long as I see this function just maps some changes on your midi input. I would like to be able to transpose dinamically the whole sequece to the root note I'm playing on my keyboard just like any other midi arpeggiator behaves. This it what I can't figure how to do it with Stochas. Or maybe I don't know how to use this feature...

JordiTR wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:06 am Hi psynical and thanks. I've tried that but it's not what I want to achive. As long as I see this function just maps some changes on your midi input. I would like to be able to transpose dinamically the whole sequece to the root note I'm playing on my keyboard just like any other midi arpeggiator behaves. This it what I can't figure how to do it with Stochas. Or maybe I don't know how to use this feature...
I dont think it has that feature. Most likely a workaround is to make various transposed patterns and then swap between them. Or you could set each of the trigger notes in the midi mapping to correspond to what you want if you know what root you are going to start with. Stochas is not an arpeggiator tho if you are thinking that is what it does or should do.

Hi fairlyclose, I'm afraid your right, Stochas is not having that feature, is not possible to use it as a "super-arpeggiator" and then it looks to me too static. It's nice what it provides but it's difficult to use it dinamically on several tracks at once, with different synths in parallel, each one evolving its lines with Stochas at the same time. When I started to dig with it I thought this could be the kind of use I would like to get from it. In any case, their capacity to make evolving patters could be very interesting on drums or percussions. Thanks fairlyclose !!

Return to “Effects”