accSone Crusher-X V9 released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do they ever have sales?

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:45 pm that said, the older versions where difficult to use in a host, someone else will have to let us know if this has changed?
that has changed, already in V8, in V9 it has improved, mostly parameter names that make sense..
it is quite easy to use it in a host now.

and is it an effect or instrument, well it is hybrid, even as an effect it is in way a instrument, that is comment on another comment made here; you can play Crusher-X as an effect, even with MPE...

it takes 'live input', can be real live input (real live input??), or a synth, or whatever.
but it has also a sample 'buffer', you can load wav files into it...
and also you can mix them.... (if i am right, didn't do that yet).
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:01 pm Do they ever have sales?
no.

the only way to get it cheaper is second hand..

i think i can give many examples of quite expensive plugins, or collections.

you buy Crusher-X because, after a demo, you feel, wow. and you only scratched the surface.

does everybody needs it? no, of course not. not everyone needs Omnisphere, or Falcon, or.. (all great, no judgment, personal).

i believe it will be ongoing discussion, like with other brands, or instruments...

for me, and i still am still learning, and it is not the only Granular i have, it was and is worth it.
there are more niche products, with a heavy price tag.

well i will conclude with some agit-prop for a sadà\exposadà who mangles a Crusher-X, live recording in Crusher-X, with home brewed-sample, own patch, of course, played MPE, with Blocks, full description in the soundcloud link..
but, it depends on taste, it shows for me the power of Crusher-X.... one of the many possbilities, this patch, or another patch can be more complex, or more source, more modulation... etc.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada/breeding-cloacae

WasteLand wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:37 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:45 pm that said, the older versions where difficult to use in a host, someone else will have to let us know if this has changed?
that has changed, already in V8, in V9 it has improved, mostly parameter names that make sense..
it is quite easy to use it in a host now.

and is it an effect or instrument, well it is hybrid, even as an effect it is in way a instrument, that is comment on another comment made here; you can play Crusher-X as an effect, even with MPE...

it takes 'live input', can be real live input (real live input??), or a synth, or whatever.
but it has also a sample 'buffer', you can load wav files into it...
and also you can mix them.... (if i am right, didn't do that yet).
yeah, like i said, im a good few versions behind.
but, the fact it was impossible in hosts, never put me off opening it, it was a joy to use :D
and yes, you had in version 6, 4 lanes of samples, with a mixer, you could play them as normal samples (i would with 3 of them) then melt the other, then swap them around, you can reload stuff while its playing and recording, so you are not stuck with 4 (dunno if thats changed?)

Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:01 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:28 pm How does it compare to granular in pigments, omnisphere, and falcon?
four words.
it's pretty f**king awesome!
Sounds great. Does it do a lot more than those? Granular wise.
ive only used omni and that was a while ago, work situations not pleasure...
but i personally still would have rated omni below crusher for the granular stuff, otherwise i might have purchased omni personally?
same with pigments, it was actually the first arturia, i got excited about, prerelease, but it did nothing to wow me on a demo.
i am not going to claim thats because of crusher x, as i havent used it so much this year (new computer, not installed so theres that...) but only because, ive been using a lot more hardware than software, my current software plugins list is quite short as ive only loaded stuff ive been wanting to use.
so reaktor, absynth and kontakt, plus fx :shrug:

id honestly take the demo for a spin as wasteland says, its one of those you either go wtf? :? or "damn i need this now!!!" theres no in between :shrug:

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:42 pm yeah, like i said, im a good few versions behind.
but, the fact it was impossible in hosts, never put me off opening it, it was a joy to use :D
and yes, you had in version 6, 4 lanes of samples, with a mixer, you could play them as normal samples (i would with 3 of them) then melt the other, then swap them around, you can reload stuff while its playing and recording, so you are not stuck with 4 (dunno if thats changed?)
version 6 is still a beast, of course. i am known for don't seeing the most simplest things (not always).

what do you mean 4 lanes of samples? in the DCO?

the DCO, in V8, can load only one sample.
of course there is another method, load a grain buffer... (and save...)"

i saw that i wasn't clear, mixing DCO with input... me thinks it possible, i am pretty focused, on standalone working with Crusher-X, but i moving to, or i already use it in hosts, did it before of course, but now with real results.. (the others perhaps were also great, but i am lost in many projects..).

4 lanes of samples with a mixer? i think i missed something quite obvious?

i am experiment now with the Grain Buffer, loading samples, your reaction already broadens my explorations. i did it before. but not in this way, a patch that is meant for the DCO, and then load a sample, or save the grain buffer, reload it.. well you can play around....

although i know Crusher-X, i am still discovering, the many settings, are of course a playground, and you will always learn, i think.

melting samples? well i am not ashamed to admit, that i never noticed that feature..

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:43 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:58 pm It may be verry good , but the price is unrealistic
Unrealistic for who? This is not some simple granular
Don't get me wrong , I am not a cheapskate, far from it ..
I come from the days when reaktor was still sold for 450 euro , while crusher -x was then a fraction of the cost of what it is today .
Sure it feature set has changed dramatically but so has the world's economy , 289 euro for a verry advanced ( not simple :D ) granular vsti is a lot of money .
The price is high compared to lots of plugins. But I would pay it if the plugin added something I wanted. I'm just not a big granular fan. I use granular here and there but it often sounds like granular. It is too recognizable for me to be overly enthused about it. For the amount I use it, I already have granular tools that cover my needs. My favorite granular synth is Borderlands on iOS and it costs $15 :lol:

melting samples refers to what granular does, its just turns them in to liquid we can shape :D

standalone crusher x studio, maybe? for the 4 lanes.

IIRC there was a 40% off sale in 2018 or 2019.
This time I will buy.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:10 pm
IIRC there was a 40% off sale in 2018 or 2019.
This time I will buy.
As far as I know they tried sales and then rejected that type of marketing https://www.accsone.com/about/pricing-statement

^^^
Thanks for the info.

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:13 pm melting samples refers to what granular does, its just turns them in to liquid we can shape :D

standalone crusher x studio, maybe? for the 4 lanes.
aha, melting, indeed!

the 4 lanes...

perhaps there were 2 versions? i stepped in at V8, it has the DCO and 2 inputs, they can be mixed.
which i gonna try.

and indeed try V9, reaktor, absynth (wow still great synth, Reaktor of course, well that is.. it is Reaktor!!), and Kontakt, as sidechain input... and normal input... and all the other new goodies..
give it a spin!

can't predict, of course, if you like it, V6 is already great, but all the additions, a better workflow.
i am curious, what you think.

i am certainly gonna buy the update to 9. i don't buy a lot anymore, and some point you have the gems (of course new ones come, like for instance Abyss, and the long anticipated Sumu..).
so i invest mostly only in updates, when they are worth it.

Return to “Instruments”