Sampletank 4 crashes DAW when minimizing GUI

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes I'm running the latest version of ST4 4.1.4, of Reaper 6.36, latest graphics card driver, etc.. all updated as of today. The ST4 standalone doesn't crash like the VST2 and VST3 plugins do in reaper. It hasn't been like that for long, probably less than a week, but it's really annoying since I have tons of ST libraries that I want to use.

Anyway, than you for the help. Hopefully someone from support will reply to the multiple emails I sent.

clpton62 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:59 pm Anyway, than you for the help. Hopefully someone from support will reply to the multiple emails I sent.
Well then, you probably don't want to hear this, but I don't have much confidence in IK support. I have reported a few issues to IK support in the past, and they have NEVER solved them. Customer service on the other hand, is generally good.

You might be better off figuring out what in your rig is causing the issue. Based on what you posted, my assumption is that something has changed on your end, otherwise everyone else, including me would have the same problem if it was on IK's end. Just saying... and I've spent my entire life working in IT.

And the cool IK marketing guy, Peter, is usually willing to "elevate" your problem ticket if you PM him with the ticket #.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I still have no idea what caused mine but it has been running OK since I posted. I haven't used S4 in a while so I was unaware of the update. Thanks for letting me know. :-)

K-Bee wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:06 pm I still have no idea what caused mine but it has been running OK since I posted. I haven't used S4 in a while so I was unaware of the update. Thanks for letting me know. :-)
Now, I'd be really wary of updating, if everything is still working ok... :neutral:

K-Bee wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:06 pm I still have no idea what caused mine but it has been running OK since I posted. I haven't used S4 in a while so I was unaware of the update. Thanks for letting me know. :-)
Hey, no worries K-Bee, I saw that your issue was resolved last year. ST4 was a hot mess for a while after IK first released it. But after 14 updates, it appears to be stable now, LOL!!!

I was just replying to clpton62, who recently revived your thread.

Hello guys,
So I still haven't heard from support. However, I found this thread where Ryan @ IK talks about the folder structure as the root cause of a similar issue. I went ahead and reorganized the folders a bit and deleted the downloaded zipped files manually (which the product manager doesn't do). The issue seems to be gone now.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=24813

Thanks!

clpton62 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:36 pm The issue seems to be gone now.
Great news!

clpton62 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:36 pm Hello guys,
So I still haven't heard from support. However, I found this thread where Ryan @ IK talks about the folder structure as the root cause of a similar issue. I went ahead and reorganized the folders a bit and deleted the downloaded zipped files manually (which the product manager doesn't do). The issue seems to be gone now.

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=24813

Thanks!
I'm wondering why the folder structure has to be such a big deal in s4. Nothing seems logical to me compared with the likes of Kontakt where you can customise pretty much everything. Apart from that, I really like s4, I just need to get back to making music so I can use it (as well as Kontakt) again :?

Had the same issue when I upgraded from ST4 SE to Standard. Ended up with duplicate folders causing the plugin to crash randomly.

IK should just implement some basic checks to detect duplicate folders and warn the user.

clpton62 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:59 am Hello, sorry for bringing up this old thread again, but this issue is happening to me now. Sampletank 4 crashes reaper as soon as I click out of the ST GUI. I created a support ticket 6 days ago and no one has replied. Have you guys ever figured out what was the root cause and the solution?

Thanks!
Just started to happen with me as well on Digital Performer 11 and after downloading one of their freebies from the Group Buy. No problems up and to this point today, so I'm hoping it's a file management issue on my part.

The later udates solved the problems for me.Inever have the issue anymore. That said, the problems with S4 isn't over. I got a whole lot of Syntronik synths at the current IK groupbuy and none of them works in S4 and they are supposed to. It's like S4 can't see I downloaded them despite being placed in correct folders in S4's (highly illogical folder structure).
Fortunately, they work fine in the Free syntronik player so i'll live.

K-Bee wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:28 am The later udates solved the problems for me.Inever have the issue anymore. That said, the problems with S4 isn't over. I got a whole lot of Syntronik synths at the current IK groupbuy and none of them works in S4 and they are supposed to. It's like S4 can't see I downloaded them despite being placed in correct folders in S4's (highly illogical folder structure).
Fortunately, they work fine in the Free syntronik player so i'll live.
Open Custom Shop 2 application and click restore my purchases from top right pull down menu. Also, sign out from Product Manager and sign back in.

Then, launch SampleTank 4 standalone app and let it scan (if it needs to).

This should solve your problem. It did for me. I hate the Syntronik GUI, well SampleTank too, but I prefer to have only one "bad GUI" software rather than two for all the sound libraries, so it has to be SampleTank.

NewLion wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:00 pm .... so I'm hoping it's a file management issue on my part.
It wasn't. Straightened things out and ST4 still crashes when closing any of it's windows from within DP11. Works fine on my previous version of DP9. I guess I can open up tickets with both companies but something tells me they are both going to blame each other and get nothing done.

NewLion wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:36 am
NewLion wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:00 pm .... so I'm hoping it's a file management issue on my part.
It wasn't. Straightened things out and ST4 still crashes when closing any of it's windows from within DP11. Works fine on my previous version of DP9. I guess I can open up tickets with both companies but something tells me they are both going to blame each other and get nothing done.
I don’t mean to be rude but stop using those companies products.

hoxclab wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 am

I don’t mean to be rude but stop using those companies products.
That's one way to go I suppose.

I should add that when cleaning up my installation and paths for ST4, the crashing didn't begin until I had added back the full ST4 sound content plus about another 5 or 6 other titles. Now, I had more then this loaded into ST4 prior to the crashing event for about 2 months and both ST4 and DP11 were working fine, so I'm not sure what changed. Perhaps it's something on my end too (older Mac Pro) and my inpugning of both companies customer support services was harsh and I should give them a chance before condemning them.

Return to “Instruments”