SoloRack v2.0 Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Correction here. The preset library contains some 380+ presets. (Not 220, forgot to update that :dog: ).
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Around 3 days till sale ends.
www.solostuff.net

SR3D_full.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.solostuff.net

One day left for the sale. This is truly your best chance at getting the System B at the minimum price possible. We don't do sales that often. The last time we did one was in 2017 at first release. The list of modules in the System B has been growing at a steady pace ever since.
Last edited by S0lo on Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.solostuff.net

Bought!

SoloRack has ridiculously low CPU usage, and runs great even on my old 32 bit Windows tablet with 1GB RAM. Just what I was looking for to fool around with modular when away from the house :).

I'm going to offer some feedback that is intended to be constructive, so please take it as such.

I remember trying the demo when SoloRack first came out, and liking much about it, but finding the sound quality a little flat. With the recent sale I tried it again and confirmed my initial impression. The sound seems just a bit thin, like earlier generation VSTs. With that said, I also confirmed what I liked about SoloRack: an attractive and functional GUI, and an amazingly low CPU load.

If you come out with version 2.0 that reworks the DSP code to bring it up to par with the other modular players, I'd be all over it.
A well-behaved signature.

Thanks JerGoertz for your feedback :). Regarding flatness and sound quality:

Short answer: Check the presets called "Analog Drift" in templates. Also check "Bass 1", "Bass 2" ...etc. I think an advanced modular shouldn't really have a specific sound. Instead it should give you the ability to have both, flat/static and worm/organic sounds. Otherwise, its limited by it's sound palette.

Long Answer: I'm obviously biased here. And there is nothing I can say that I can convince you otherwise. Therefore I'll quote some others. Here is what one SoloRack user had to say in modwiggler

"After my initial testing with solo rack, I can say I have never heard a vsti sound so analog. It is unbelievable, I’m stunned. The oversampling is phenomenal, but economical cpu wise. The fm, effects and filters, vcos, are first class. Meantime, Solo rack has furthered my understanding and acceptance that a multi mass of doepfer style modules is bloody fantastic and sounds far out....... As opposed to eurorack all in one modules ala modern menu diving...."

Another user emailed me comparing SoloRack with another synth (I masked out the name of the synth by ######):

" I just want to let you know that Solo rack sound awesome compared to the others,
A lot of people go on ###### but compare to solo rack it sounds like garbage. "

Both of the above were talking about version 1.x !!!. So go figure what they'd say for v2.0. But hey, every one has his opinion when it comes to sound. So all respect :)
www.solostuff.net

S0lo wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:15 pm Thanks JerGoertz for your feedback :). Regarding flatness and sound quality:

Short answer: Check the presets called "Analog Drift" in templates. Also check "Bass 1", "Bass 2" ...etc. I think an advanced modular shouldn't really have a specific sound. Instead it should give you the ability to have both, flat/static and worm/organic sounds. Otherwise, its limited by it's sound palette.

Long Answer: I'm obviously biased here. And there is nothing I can say that I can convince you otherwise. Therefore I'll quote some others. Here is what one SoloRack user had to say in modwiggler

"After my initial testing with solo rack, I can say I have never heard a vsti sound so analog. It is unbelievable, I’m stunned. The oversampling is phenomenal, but economical cpu wise. The fm, effects and filters, vcos, are first class. Meantime, Solo rack has furthered my understanding and acceptance that a multi mass of doepfer style modules is bloody fantastic and sounds far out....... As opposed to eurorack all in one modules ala modern menu diving...."

Another user emailed me comparing SoloRack with another synth (I masked out the name of the synth by ######):

" I just want to let you know that Solo rack sound awesome compared to the others,
A lot of people go on ###### but compare to solo rack it sounds like garbage. "

Both of the above were talking about version 1.x !!!. So go figure what they'd say for v2.0. But hey, every one has his opinion when it comes to sound. So all respect :)
Okay, I just retried it with oversampling, and it definitely makes a difference. It's really starting to grow on me. Would like to demo it more, if you could extend the $80 deal for me for a bit.
A well-behaved signature.

@JerGoertz Just sent you a pm ;)
www.solostuff.net

yeah, have to say, while i haven't purchased (i really don't have time or need for another modular) it's certainly not because of the sound. 8)
i think it sounds great, and the choice of modules is enough to keep it producing new sounds for some time to come. it looks nice too, and simple to use (if you know modular).
if i didn't have the 2 real modulars (frac and euro) plus vcv and reaktor already, id be all over this!

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:26 pm and the choice of modules is enough to keep it producing new sounds for some time to come.
On that. I admit, the current sound set doesn't give the newer modules justice. The synth can do much more than what your hearing. I'll be adding a bit more presets in a while. Still looking for more sound designers.
www.solostuff.net

i been using solorack for a while
others may have a faster workflow...
but the sound is great
dave

A few tips that might help.

1. Pressing CTRL while moving modules will drag multiple modules at once. You can use this also to insert modules in between others.
2. If the Module menu (M menu) goes up and down when you scroll in a large rack. Disable your host slider bars (or set a lower windows height). The M menu should stay always visible
3. Pressing SHIFT while tweaking knobs will give fine tweak.
4. Right click on knob to copy/paste value
5. Right click on module -> info... will show documentation of the module.
www.solostuff.net

Coming soon:

SNS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.solostuff.net

very cool. hope you will sell loads :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Modular Synthesis”