MODO BASS - some 'Control' tab settings not saving

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
639 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:20 pm

A few settings in the 'Control' section of MODO BASS won't save (with patch or DAW session), and revert back to stock when I recall a session, or load a new instance.

A few specific settings that reset are:

Finger, Pick and Slap Modes (key switch 'Value')
Down Stroke and Up Stroke (type 'Off')
Ghost Mode ('Latch' off)

Most of the rest of the pages settings seem to save OK... but I didn't change/check absolutely everything, so there may be others.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm using Windows 10 with Studio One 4 Pro.

(this may just be the beginning of the IKM 25yr group buy aftermath... sample tank editor vst giving me a full-on error and not loading... there's prolly more IK vst issues with other instruments and fx I haven't run into yet... I'm like a software bug magnet :help: )

KVRist
308 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 am

It might be a Studio 1 issue, I don't have this issue in win10 and Reaper.
I map all of them to C-2 to set it lower than my controller to avoid any conflicts.
Oh yeah one last thing to try, make sure you're running as admin.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 am

Dirk Diggler wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 am
It might be a Studio 1 issue, I don't have this issue in win10 and Reaper.
I map all of them to C-2 to set it lower than my controller to avoid any conflicts.
Oh yeah one last thing to try, make sure you're running as admin.
Thanks for the feedback.

Must be something funky with my whole system. Can't get it to save/recall properly with either Reaper or Cakewalk (running as admin) either.

Might be some sort of general Windows safety feature I have set up, preventing that particular plugin from trying to save/recall a few things. I've whitelisted all my vst file locations with my virus/malware protection software as well, so prolly not the issue.

Really strange how it's only a few settings within that tab that aren't working. You'd think the entire set of options would be a problem. Not having any issues with MODO DRUM in that regard (mapping and other things seem to save and recall fine).

Guess I'll just have to manually set up MODO BASS every time I use/recall it... every... single... time...

Total P.I.T.A. :?

KVRist
308 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:51 am

Try the run as admin thing.

KVRian

Topic Starter

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:53 am

Dirk Diggler wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:51 am
Try the run as admin thing.