MASSIVE X Gui latency

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My only complaint about Massive X’s interface is that it sucks.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 pm In VST3 this could be a "feature" of the plug-in format where the host is supposed to add the plug-in latency onto communication between plug-in and GUI, allegedly so things happen visually "as you hear" them rather than "as you expect" them.
So to compensate for audio latency the plugin adds visual latency?

I don't have the VST3 version installed so can't test but it seems like someone else would have reported the issue before if it was intentional behavior. But I don't know how long the MX VST3 has been out or if anybody else uses it in Cubase. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:31 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:55 pm In VST3 this could be a "feature" of the plug-in format where the host is supposed to add the plug-in latency onto communication between plug-in and GUI, allegedly so things happen visually "as you hear" them rather than "as you expect" them.
So to compensate for audio latency the plugin adds visual latency?

I don't have the VST3 version installed so can't test but it seems like someone else would have reported the issue before if it was intentional behavior. But I don't know how long the MX VST3 has been out or if anybody else uses it in Cubase. :shrug:
I don't know if that's the case with Massive here. I just know that VST3 is designed to give visual feedback with latency, e.g. for VU meters, visual plots and what not. The latency depends on the plug-ins in the chain and the buffer size. Both hosts and plug-ins need to support this, I'm sure Cubase does, but I have no idea if NI do (we don't).

I'm doubtful but it would be worth trying the VST2. But I think when I tried the VST3 version for a minute it had no lag issues, I would notice very quickly.

I kinda don't think it's fair to assume otherwise (intended lag) from NI though. Massive X has one of the most smooth moving interfaces, rivaling U-he's.

My bet was on a gaming mouse overwhelming the UI with 1000 inputs per second, and the OP indeed uses such a mouse but we don't know anything more about this.

kenny saunders wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 pm When sweeping the dials there is visual lag for the dail animation and the digital value.
Check this
viewtopic.php?p=7624448#p7624448
Make sure to apply the POWER and the registry fix.

attention ♥ wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:11 pm My bet was on a gaming mouse overwhelming the UI with 1000 inputs per second, and the OP indeed uses such a mouse but we don't know anything more about this.
As I mentioned, my mouse does 1000 Hz as well (yes, it's insane, and, noone needs that really :D), and, I don't have such issues.

The OP should contact NI.

As a reminder the OP wrote.....
kenny saunders wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:27 pm I don't have this issue with any other vsti or fx.
That would point away from it being a system wide issue. He did say he would contact N.I. support so I'm interested in what they say just out of pure curiosity.

My G400S is supposed to have a Polling Rate of 1000Hz and like I said everything is smooth here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Well I ran the NI info tool and was about to send it to NI but I thought I'd just try it again and it works ok. tbh shortly before I made this post was the very 1st time I ran MassiveX since upgrading my machine. SO no idea what that was about, thanks.
Pictus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:31 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:46 pm When sweeping the dials there is visual lag for the dail animation and the digital value.
Check this
viewtopic.php?p=7624448#p7624448
Make sure to apply the POWER and the registry fix.
thanks some good info
______

I've barely touched this synth, what's it good for soundswise?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Return to “Instruments”