IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRer
4 posts since 5 Apr, 2020

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:19 am

Too bad. Thanks anyway.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7538 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm

bungle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:16 am
machinesworking wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:10 pm
Anyone else going Pokemon on this? I already went in at 199 and 99, I've got 95 unused Gear credits, if I go in at 79 and 39 credits I collect everything. So basically $25 gets me the entire package.

My only concern here is the way IK work with ownership, quite possibly Apple Silicon compatibility for everything will cost a pretty penny in updates.
Guaranteed, it will just be a version update that supports M1, they did the same with 64bit and Sampletank, that is the whole point to these group buys, to get you to buy the update that they already have finished and waiting to release.
Like the MODO DRUM native M1 update that was free?

Edit - and like AmpliTube 3.11 that was a free 64-bit (and AAX) upgrade?

Edit 2 - and T-RackS 3.5 that was a free 64-bit upgrade?

Seems the one decade-old product that required a complete rewrite with 64-bit being only one small part of many things it brought to the table is the exception rather than the rule. We've also already released a brand new product that isn't in this group buy and people seem to be enjoying that on its merits and as usual there are no "tricks" needed. TL;DR - we didn't charge for a simple 64-bit update for any of our flagships, that's inaccurate and hyperbolic misinformation (with a pinch of conspiracy).
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm

RichterX wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:10 am
Quick question guys: does IK give you the ability to register your hardware gear before actually getting it at home? I'm scared if I order iRig Keys i/o 49 now it'd ship too late for me to get the freebies.
IK has always been very good about having a grace period for registering hardware products for exactly that reason.

Peter... can you confirm this to help quell his fears about ordering now?

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7538 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 pm

torgo wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:21 pm
RichterX wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:10 am
Quick question guys: does IK give you the ability to register your hardware gear before actually getting it at home? I'm scared if I order iRig Keys i/o 49 now it'd ship too late for me to get the freebies.
IK has always been very good about having a grace period for registering hardware products for exactly that reason.

Peter... can you confirm this to help quell his fears about ordering now?
If the order was placed while the promotion was active, the team will definitely take care of you.
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:24 pm

Thanks Peter! And I can attest that they will do whatever they can to help - once upon a time I had an Amplitube Stealth Pedal (yes, long, long ago) that arrived damaged. I was worried about returning it because I wouldn't get the replacement before the end of the group buy going on at that time. They did indeed take care of me.

I'll also add that the iRig Keys I/O 49 and the iRig Pro Duo I/O are both excellent choices for anyone wanting a $199 entry point, especially if you are also an iPhone/iPad user. (Sadly, no Android love here.)

What I love about them both as hardware items is they can both run on USB power or even AA batteries. They also come with great software (which might affect your group buy plans) and iOS apps bundles, and the Pro Duo also comes with 25 gear credits.

KVRian
852 posts since 10 Jan, 2010

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:31 pm

The THD Bivalve used to have a feature where you could swap out the tubes long ago (like the hw), but doesn’t look like that is still there? Is it there but hidden?

KVRAF
6777 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:37 pm

Just running the OCD pedal through a Plexi. Did a 30 minute version of Voodoo Chile.... :hyper:
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair.

KVRer
22 posts since 19 Dec, 2015 from New Zealand

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 pm

Sorry everyone, another quick (and maybe stupid?) question. Tascam Collection, it's not in a qualified products list (i.e. I can't get it for free, which is okay). But if I buy it, would that allow me to participate in a group buy and thus get free items from qualified products list?

KVRist
237 posts since 18 Jul, 2003 from NJ

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:22 pm

igorkrushch wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 pm
Sorry everyone, another quick (and maybe stupid?) question. Tascam Collection, it's not in a qualified products list (i.e. I can't get it for free, which is okay). But if I buy it, would that allow me to participate in a group buy and thus get free items from qualified products list?
No

KVRer
22 posts since 19 Dec, 2015 from New Zealand

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:03 pm

mrufino1 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:22 pm
igorkrushch wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:36 pm
No
Oh, that's a shame... Thanks for answering :)

KVRAF
1778 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 pm

So how exactly do you get rid of libraries from Sampletank?
No uninstall option in what IK laughingly call product manager, delete the relevant files from where they were installed and the *ahem* product manager still shows them as installed, rescan in Sampletank settings, nope that doesn't fix it.
Any ideas?
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

KVRian
1314 posts since 3 Mar, 2009 from Colorado Springs

Post Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:33 pm

chroma wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:31 pm
The THD Bivalve used to have a feature where you could swap out the tubes long ago (like the hw), but doesn’t look like that is still there? Is it there but hidden?
Wasn't that just because the Bivalve originated the whole official amp model thing for them back at such a time as it was actually still using the old Preamp / Tone stack / Power amp interchangeable modeling structure? Getting away from that seems crucial in terms of developing the most accurate and best sounding modeling tech possible, but I think I remember what you are talking about at least.

Little anecdote, I recorded so many pedal demos with the THD Bivalve model, by the way, I had a THD Univalve and the cleans were so similar to my amp that it took some of the work out of that aspect of it for me for years.

Edit: Made my last selection. I was very tempted by the Clavitube and the two Cinematic / Orchestral percussion packs, but in the end I decided to use my last slot on Neil Peart Drums. I've been a big fan of his since I started drumming, when I was about 15 I guess. I used to listen to his fills and try to play them as perfectly as I could, which even when I got pretty good was really hard to do - it feels like he taught me so much back then about drums. Feel like he taught me about life in the intervening years, with his extraordinary personal resilience and ceaseless drive to further master his craft. I was so sad with everyone else to learn of his passing. I've got a lot of satisfaction from participating in this group buy already, but this has an emotional resonance for me I guess. It's really something having these recordings of him playing such familiar material on his own kit, being able to load up favorite songs' grooves into ST (that have been favorite songs for so long, you know?) and the Professor is playing them at the input from my keyboard. And of course it will be great to have the drum kits and assorted percussion elements for original compositions. What a cool thing, IK, thank you sincerely for capturing this when you did.

With that I call it a great end to the group buy for myself, and I hope everyone else got what they wanted and more as well.

KVRist
97 posts since 1 Jul, 2021

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 am

bungle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 pm
No uninstall option in what IK laughingly call product manager, delete the relevant files from where they were installed and the *ahem* product manager still shows them as installed, rescan in Sampletank settings, nope that doesn't fix it.
Any ideas?
My Sampletank folders are on my C drive Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/ Sampletank 4. Go to samples and delete whatever you don't need

KVRAF
1778 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:57 am

DCrown wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:07 am
bungle wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Any ideas?
My Sampletank folders are on my C drive Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/ Sampletank 4. Go to samples and delete whatever you don't need
That isn't what I asked, I can delete the files obviously, but they still show as installed in product manager.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.

KVRer
15 posts since 7 Nov, 2020

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:55 am

I'm new to music and learning all about music software. I'm learning guitar and got in at the $200 and $100 levels.

I'm finding it overwhelming to figure out the entire software line. Other than Amplitube, what would be useful for creating simple songs in a classic rock style?
Last edited by JJWL on Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”