MiniKorg 700FS

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow! What a surprise! Never in my wildest dreams did I expect Korg to reissue this synth....I'm totally gobsmacked....

It's such a unique little synth too, I still love my original mini700 (not the 'S' version sadly). The filter is unique and heavenly, and not available anywhere else in keyboard-land. My mini700 feels its age though, after all it was made in 1972. I'd definitely love to get a new replacement, but not at the inflated price! (reportedly 1999Euro).

2000Euro for a synth that is really very, very simple, or some would say, simplistic is perplexing. One for the collector and serious Kitaro fans (Vangelis also used the Mini700 and loved it too, judging by how many times he used it on his albums).

I dread to think what the price would be for the much better 800DV, which is two mini700s joined together. The 800DV is one of the most beautiful sounding synths and it is this synth that deserves a re-issue treatment, but please, not at those inflated prices!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Holy heck, I suppose it is only a matter of time until Roland reissues the SH-1000 maybe priced at $5000!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHnK-BPS-Uw

Now we just have to wait for the announcement of a $299 Behringer Mini 700...

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:34 am Now we just have to wait for the announcement of a $299 Behringer Mini 700...
You can bet on that, heh :D

I think Au$3000 is a decent price for something like this. If you adjust for inflation, it was probaably more expensive in teh 1970s. As himalaya says, it is a beautiful and unique thing. It was the very first synth I ever laid hands on and it sounds so amazing, so beautiful, that it got me thinking about getting a synth of my own. Sadly, I couldn't find one and ended up with an SH1000 instead, which was pretty average by comparison.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Finally open for pre-order at my local music shop. It's Au$3000, which should be around 2000 Euros or US$2200. That seems reasonable to me. It's the same price as a Subsequent 37 is here.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

No velocity ?

But it does have aftertouch. Weird.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”