Noice Gate & Auto Trim Silences beginning and end of the file

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Two operations that I do in the batch converter after recording voice interviews in SoundForge: 1. Noice Gate and then 2. Auto Trim Silences beginning and end of the file.

1. Noice Gate

SoundForge's Noice Gate works amazingly - it completely cleans up noise between phrases. Unfortunately, I cannot do the same in Dynamics with Voice Gate mode - either noise remains, or the useful signal is cut off. Noice Gate in SoundForge works differently, it leaves the voice untouched even at extreme values of the trashhold.

2. Auto Trim Silences beginning and end of the file

I found the Automatic Silences Removal feature, but it applies to all silences in the file. There is also no such operation in the Batch Converter.

Is it possible to add these features in the future?

future-bit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:57 am 1. Noice Gate

SoundForge's Noice Gate works amazingly - it completely cleans up noise between phrases. Unfortunately, I cannot do the same in Dynamics with Voice Gate mode - either noise remains, or the useful signal is cut off. Noice Gate in SoundForge works differently, it leaves the voice untouched even at extreme values of the trashhold.
The noise gate in Sound Forge doesn't have side chain filtering, I believe, so if you want a similar behaviour, please try to disable the filtering.
future-bit wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:57 am2. Auto Trim Silences beginning and end of the file

I found the Automatic Silences Removal feature, but it applies to all silences in the file. There is also no such operation in the Batch Converter.
That would be "Crop automatically" instead of "Remove Silences" in the same submenu. Unfortunately, the auto edit tools aren't available in the batch editor at the time being, but we are very aware of this shortcoming and will improve upon that.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:46 am The noise gate in Sound Forge doesn't have side chain filtering, I believe, so if you want a similar behaviour, please try to disable the filtering.
Stian, thank you very much, did not notice. The result is much similar to SF.
stian wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:46 am That would be "Crop automatically" instead of "Remove Silences" in the same submenu. Unfortunately, the auto edit tools aren't available in the batch editor at the time being, but we are very aware of this shortcoming and will improve upon that.

Best,
Stian
Thank you, I understand. Yes, it would be great to have this function in the batch editor. Because it becomes apparent when working with multiple files in the studio. And I edit hundreds of files every day.

I'll use this thread to also request adding silence to beginning and end of files in the batch processor.
I can use Audacity for this, so it's not a big priority for me, but it would be nice if it was possible in Acoustica as well.

Logga wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 am I'll use this thread to also request adding silence to beginning and end of files in the batch processor.
I can use Audacity for this, so it's not a big priority for me, but it would be nice if it was possible in Acoustica as well.
I just noticed that this function is missing in the batch converter. I make 10-20 files a week with silence at the beginning of the file. Some playback hardware eats up the beginning of the file. So you have to add 100-250 ms to the beginning of the file.

I join the request.

Return to “Acon Digital”