Five New Soundpaint Instruments Revealed + First Tutorial ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

how many threads?

Infinite dynamic thread layers. No bumps.

At least now they're giving us an idea of what it is.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

BenfordLaw wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:34 pmnow we have the worst presets ever heard, coming from SoundPaint, and still some of you are defending them. (Notice I am talking about those specific presets, I already said that some of the other presets sounded great.)
Nothing wrong with those presets, they aren't supposed to be used in a "wonder who made that wonderful tune" context. However, I agree the way they are being used in some places, especially somewhere like 10:40 or 16:20 onwards indeed, the improvisation sounds like it's clashing musically and doesn't feel good to me, either. Separating the impro from the sound/preset itself is important, even in those places. But something like the opening sound you describe as "AWFUL" is very on point for the style and use it's aimed for, it's simply not "wonderful radio tune" material but designed with entirely different professional use in mind.

BenfordLaw wrote:

What is it with fanboys on this forum? First we have it with the shitty presets with OPS7 (or whatever it was called), which did nothing to sell the product, .
That guy and his precious presets
FFS ! 😂🥊
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I wish this thing was affordable.
Sounds promising, I like everything I hear, but... I'm more than covered. We have so many solutions... That would be a pure bonus... :shrug:
If the price is right, if there's an intro price, I'll consider it for sure. Sounds awesome.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

The Juniper 8 is a Stradivarius of Synths. This is the only comprehensively Ultra Deep-Sampled version of this magical instrument. The specific unit sampled was previous owned by Michael Sembello (wrote Flash Dance on it) and Junkie XL who preserved it sweetly. It is 100% feels sitting right there with it. Also used in Thriller etc. Music history ... within reach.

https://youtu.be/8xsWZWoq1VQ

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 pm
BenfordLaw wrote:

What is it with fanboys on this forum? First we have it with the shitty presets with OPS7 (or whatever it was called), which did nothing to sell the product, .
FFS ! 😂🥊
never let it be said Benfordlaw is a one-note troll. i'm sure they will move onto their hate of flat interfaces at some point.

Thread spam alert.....

The Jupiter sounds damn good to me.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 pm
BenfordLaw wrote:

FFS ! 😂🥊
Yes, how ridiculous to actually want decent PRESETS from a synth! Actually, everybody who writes music actually builds their own instruments from scratch, every time they start to write a song. I am only 1/1000th of the way through building yet another piano, so maybe by 2022 I should be able to begin work on my next song. Obviously.

The preset and the (shit) noodling at 10:40 are possibly the worst thing I have ever heard coming from a synth, and how amusing that some of you hear are trying to make out that is doesn't sound like crap, like something ANY free VST could produce.

Most people who make music use presets...

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 am The Jupiter sounds damn good to me.
I agree - THAT is how to start a demo video, with some decent music.
But don't mind me, I'm a 'troll' because I dared to say something that some of the fanboys here disagreed with... LOL.

I think I wrote "never let it be said BenfordLaw is a one-note troll". but if the cap fits...

I'm very interested in soundpaint.
Main things I'd like to know:

The new audio format means lighter libraries too? I usually avoid big sample libraries.

Is It posible to create our own libraries? I have some rare instruments, found sounds and CPU heavy patches that I would like to sample. And if It is possible, how difficult is to program them?

If I create new sounds those are easy to share?

Soundpaint wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:03 am The Juniper 8 is a Stradivarius of Synths. This is the only comprehensively Ultra Deep-Sampled version of this magical instrument. The specific unit sampled was previous owned by Michael Sembello (wrote Flash Dance on it) and Junkie XL who preserved it sweetly. It is 100% feels sitting right there with it. Also used in Thriller etc. Music history ... within reach.

https://youtu.be/8xsWZWoq1VQ
I didn't watch the complete video yet, but I was wondering what Juniper's total sample file size is?
UVI has a ton of sampled synths and there's IK's Syntronik, so I was curious if this one is a lot less sample-wise or more than they use in their products.
Last edited by Examigan on Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”