Fly Away

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there,

So this is a bit of a departure from my usual, actually having a lead vocalist sing on a track. I feel as though I should preface it by saying that the singer didn't actually sing on this track; the vocal was for a another track that I just had to scrap, but I loved what the singer did. I pretty much built this track back to front around the vocalists performance.

It was a completely different key and tempo so I had to do a bit of work to get things happening but pretty happy with it. They haven't heard it yet so I hope they don't get a shock. Any feedback welcome. Mix is unmastered, but with limiting. First-pass feeling OK, but might do some tweaks.

Something of a trip hop vibe, with some latin influences.

https://soundcloud.com/fixederror/fly-a ... 7a8fed3744

Nice arrangement and mix. The pitch shift on the vocal kind of took me out of the groove though. It's a bit squeaky toy. I think if it was rerecorded this would be very nice.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Pitch shift? I thought it was a very talented 4 year old. Oh well. Maybe it is too much if it is pitch shifted :hihi:

Nice work again.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Return to “Music Cafe”