Akai Force update

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oooof!

Disk Streaming for longer recording and playback with improved system performance
New plugin instruments Mellotron, Solina, and Odyssey
New insert effects Stutter, Half Speed, Diffuser Delay, Limiter, Stereo Delay, and Granulator
The new AIR Vocal Suite featuring Vocal Tuner, Doubler, and Harmonizer
Class-compliant USB Audio Interface Support
10 insert effects assignable to FORCE pads
MIDI File Compatibility: load MIDI files into FORCE
Akai Sample Tail and more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA1DfQbiQCI

Just overtook the MPC Live again! (until the next Live update ;-))
More great stuff from AKAI, there hardware is the gift that keeps on giving
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:26 pm Just overtook the MPC Live again! (until the next Live update ;-))
More great stuff from AKAI, there hardware is the gift that keeps on giving
True

Theres always a bit of leapfrog but I reckon the disk streaming took the most time though the beta seems to have been out for an age.

For what this is nothing touches it…

kcearl wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:57 pm For what this is nothing touches it…
Only the MPC Live Mk2 ;-) I love the way each product group seems to feed each other, great stuff.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I thought this was about AKAI forcing updates...

chk071 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:33 pm I thought this was about AKAI forcing updates...
I think theres maybe some punctuation missing in the title :D

:D

Not your fault. Not AKAI's either, I guess. :)

Even with this amazing update this will still probably be the most under the radar machine ever created. I'm not sure why it doesn't get more attention.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

apoclypse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 pm Even with this amazing update this will still probably be the most under the radar machine ever created. I'm not sure why it doesn't get more attention.
Its always been very misrepresented I think…I hope its been popular enough to warrant a mkII, but even if its abandoned, unlike computer based software which its often compared too, this will keep on going until its dead. And in its current state Im totally happy with it. :tu:

Disk streaming is unlikely to reach the MPC range, the saving issue it causes will simply not be acceptable to the much much bigger pool of MPC users.
Akai wont take that risk.
Duh

not bad, finally really comparable with MC-707.
makes me want one again.

bungle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 am Disk streaming is unlikely to reach the MPC range, the saving issue it causes will simply not be acceptable to the much much bigger pool of MPC users.
I think itll come…I think the whole range will have pretty much the same OS eventually.

By the time it hits the MPCs it’ll be ironed out.
Last edited by kcearl on Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chaocrator wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 am not bad, finally really comparable with MC-707.
makes me want one again.
My MC707 has barely left the shelf since I bought it…never been comparable imo. Too clunky for me, screen too small, and Im so over a data wheel…sounds excellent though…I just use my mc101 instead.

Now if the 101 got an editor like the 6s! My 707 would be on ebay in a heartbeat.
Last edited by kcearl on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

bungle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:44 am Disk streaming is unlikely to reach the MPC range, the saving issue it causes will simply not be acceptable to the much much bigger pool of MPC users.
It's will likely come to the MPC. If MPC users can put up with buggy as Qlinks they can put up with a longer than usual file save. Hell I've seen the same file save behavior on the MPC already as it was a bug at some point on the MPC.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

It isn't just longer file save, and alpha testers are saying that this is staying as it is (Tom Nice Things)
Aside the twenty seconds saves now taking twenty minutes, it is also resaving every audio file on every save, including dithering with noise, which becomes audible after five or so saves, this is not good.
Duh

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”