Topic Starter

55 posts since 4 Jul, 2021

Post Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:52 pm

DJErmac wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Mmmm... this was the first time I was answering... :scared:
Don’t know where this ”at you twice” is coming from... :scared:
Sorry you took it that bad.
Yes, the fact that I expected a VST plugin is nothing but my very own confusion, you’re right.
Anyway you’re right in several ways. I’m quite stupid, I admit it. I’ll try something else. :lol:
No worries. Multiphony is taking me a long time, this is my fourth attempt to get something with reasonable CPU, after which I will be very glad to do something simpler.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:36 am

ok, I'm about to start on the multiphonic version, which Ive now verified can work with up to 16 different sounding channels. If anyone wants the multiphonic version first, or has any other change requests, please let me know.

Changes so far:
* CPU usage reduced by up to 50%
* New limiter design removes DC bias for more accurate amplitude adjustment, clips less, and reacts faster.
* envelopes have sharper 'punch.' the amplitude and other two envelopes now can repeat themselves, or be triggered by rising or falling LFO edges.
* Simplified the velocity shaper and added a second one for the second envelope.
* Internal design structural and wiring layout improvements

If I add more panel controls, I have to remove others to keep the MIDI i/O within the limit of 127 CC parameters per channel. I do plan to add sysex for the multiphonic settings later, but for the panel controls, the sysex overhead is a little severe, so really it's a matter of substituting more wanted functionality for things not so much wanted, if you have any specific changes, I need to make 768 design changes to turn it into a multiphonic version, and it'll get a lot more complicated to change things afterwards. It'll probably take a month to do the work, after which I hope to add a drum sampler on MIDI channel 10.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:38 pm

ok, I guess I guess what you all want then. Here is the current panel for the multiphonic version.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Just to let you know, while running an iterative script to check all the panel controls, I discovered the microtuning and the filter's drive modulation source were missing from the program preset storage in the polyphonic version. That is now fixed in the multiphonic version. Sorry about that.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:27 am

Update: the multiphony is done, and I've added 'hover tips" for all 200 panel elements that describe what they do when you hover over them. Also I've added reversing envelopes, repeating envelopes, envelope ADR duration modulation, channel solo and mute, and polyphonic glide. After a great deal of detailed code optimization, Husserl3 still uses less CPU than Husserl 2, and is smaller and loads more quickly. This time I wrote the first half of the information on its design in advance, as a series of dozen tutorials in progress, starting here:

https://cycling74.com/forums/gen~-codeb ... s-part-one

I've a little coding left to do on the multi preset storage, after which I'm planning to put two weeks into checking everything and making some demo presets. So it should be done shortly after thanksgiving.

Return to “Instruments”