IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRist
207 posts since 25 May, 2012 from Sunny Philly

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm

I just added an irig hd 2…but Ive run out of free plugs, collected everything. Can I trade in my left over promotions for used Ford Taurus?

KVRist
94 posts since 11 Feb, 2004

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm

Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but I was surprised. You are limited to maximum of 24 promo slots. I had 10 slots left from my ARC3 + Mic purchase and then purchased another $99 product. To my surprise only 14 more were added for the new $99 purchase. Has this been discussed before or is it listed in the small print somewhere?

KVRian
1149 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:25 pm

slasi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Not sure if everyone is aware of this, but I was surprised. You are limited to maximum of 24 promo slots. I had 10 slots left from my ARC3 + Mic purchase and then purchased another $99 product. To my surprise only 14 more were added for the new $99 purchase. Has this been discussed before or is it listed in the small print somewhere?
Each of the 24 slots can host multiple selections.
So if you buy in 3 times, each of the 24 slots will give you 3 chances to choose a freebie.
Try looking at each slot.

KVRist
94 posts since 11 Feb, 2004

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:09 pm

agharta wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:25 pm

Each of the 24 slots can host multiple selections.
So if you buy in 3 times, each of the 24 slots will give you 3 chances to choose a freebie.
Try looking at each slot.
Thanks for the clarification. You’re right I had multiple slots in some of the promo slots.

KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:32 pm

kcearl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm
I just added an irig hd 2…but Ive run out of free plugs, collected everything. Can I trade in my left over promotions for used Ford Taurus?
Do you already have all of the Syntronik instruments on an individual basis? You can't trade your leftovers for a Ford Taurus, but you might be able to use one of them on Syntronic Bully and get the sounds of the Moog Taurus...

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:20 pm

JJWL wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:55 am
I'm new to music and learning all about music software. I'm learning guitar and got in at the $200 and $100 levels.

I'm finding it overwhelming to figure out the entire software line. Other than Amplitube, what would be useful for creating simple songs in a classic rock style?

For someone brand new to music software, the single most important thing is to get familiar with any DAW, also frequently called as a sequencer. There are some good free ones out there and cheap versions of many others. Most of the programs in this promo have a standalone mode, but you can do more with them by running them through a DAW.

Basically, the DAW works like a multi-track recorder, capturing the audio of your guitar and also MIDI tracks from instruments like SampleTank or MODO Bass. You can then add effects (various T-Racks processors or MixBox) after the fact, if you haven't already dialed in exactly what you want with Amplitube. When you have recorded all of the various parts of the song, the DAW works like the mixing board and lets you output your song to an audio file. Beats the heck out of the days when we used actual 4-track recorders.

For making simple songs in a classic rock style... be aware of the free / Custom Shop versions of the programs in this promotion. Even if you don't have SampleTank 4 or SampleTank 4 SE, you still have access to some staple instruments in the free Custom Shop version. That includes an acoustic drum kit, a bass guitar, two electronic drum kits, a nice acoustic piano, an organ, and some assorted synth sounds. Syntronik Free offers additional synthesizer sounds.

It might take a little bit of time to get used to the SampleTank interface, such as loading instruments, setting any effects (ST has a huge effects section - almost identical to what's in MixBox), and saving your own setup as a Multi. But it's worth leaning because you can fill in pretty much any missing instruments using ST. As a guitarist, you'd obviously want to play your own guitar, and you'd also record your vocals as audio into your DAW. But you could take care of drums, bass, and any keyboards or strings from within ST.

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:28 pm

Questions for Peter...

Will a brand new IK customer have access to SampleTank Free (2.5) and its free sound library? And would that customer be able to install SampleTank (2.5) Free, SampleTank CS 3, and SampleTank CS 4 on the same computer at the same time?

In other words, is it possible for new users to get the ST Free library and also the ST 3 CS sounds into ST 4 CS? Or at least still play them together in a DAW, even if they have to be loaded as separate instruments?

(side note... I still use ST 2.5 - and LOVE it.)

HM
KVRian
634 posts since 14 Aug, 2001

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:26 pm

slasi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:13 pm
JJWL wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:39 pm
Why am I eligible for the Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade if I've never purchased Syntronik before?
It's really a cross grade from any IK product priced $99 or above. I was confused by the upgrade terminology too.
I got both also ,.. and added them

They appear as sepperate, with seperate serials in "my products"

As I see it:

In a license-legal sense this might allow you to use both at once on diffrent machines

Alternatively you got more activations available for the long run

The ones missing in non-deluxe could be added as singles
HM

KVRian
1317 posts since 3 Mar, 2009 from Colorado Springs

Post Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 pm

I am loving Mix Box, which is kind of a surprise honestly. I got it because I have started using some multi-FX plugins lately and figured it's one slot in a 25-for-1, might be worth checking out. I would not have thought before using it that I would end up wanting to use it as frequently as I am. I'm very used to many of these algorithms (and it has me using and enjoying ones that I hadn't really taken advantage of previously, too), and in my opinion they're high quality. I am loving the quick workflow and ability to wet/dry mix individual units within it and the overall wet/dry separately. I am making a lot of use of that capability.

It's very handy to get processing out of individual Amplitube / Sampletank / etc. patches and run an effects bus for more in one go and help bring the performances together, and it is quick to use, feels efficient and I like the results I am getting with it for important tasks. A :tu: from me.

Also Amplitube 5 is awesome on clavinet :love:
Last edited by Agreed on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

KVRAF
1789 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:14 am

Can someone please explain how IK's authorisation system works ?

If you have 10 authorisations what does that mean in practise ?

For instance, I have currently authorised a number of products on my win 10 machine. But if I upgrade to win 11 will I lose an authorisation for each product ?

KVRAF
3888 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:26 am

slasi wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Yeah, You have 10 slots of the 24 that have two promos in them, your old one and the new one. the other 14 only have the new promo. I signed up for two promos at the same time and had 24 slots with two promos one at 99 and one at 199. :)

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:30 am

Agreed wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:54 pm
I am loving Mix Box, which is kind of a surprise honestly.
Same. I think If I had to choose out of the collection so far it would be Mixbox and Amplitube 5.

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:34 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm
Like the MODO DRUM native M1 update that was free?

Edit - and like AmpliTube 3.11 that was a free 64-bit (and AAX) upgrade?

Edit 2 - and T-RackS 3.5 that was a free 64-bit upgrade?

Seems the one decade-old product that required a complete rewrite with 64-bit being only one small part of many things it brought to the table is the exception rather than the rule. We've also already released a brand new product that isn't in this group buy and people seem to be enjoying that on its merits and as usual there are no "tricks" needed. TL;DR - we didn't charge for a simple 64-bit update for any of our flagships, that's inaccurate and hyperbolic misinformation (with a pinch of conspiracy).
Good to hear, I'm OK with one of the big three engines needing a rewrite, just didn't look forward to all three getting paid upgrades for M1.

KVRAF
10011 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:35 am

torgo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:28 pm
Questions for Peter...

Will a brand new IK customer have access to SampleTank Free (2.5) and its free sound library? And would that customer be able to install SampleTank (2.5) Free, SampleTank CS 3, and SampleTank CS 4 on the same computer at the same time?

In other words, is it possible for new users to get the ST Free library and also the ST 3 CS sounds into ST 4 CS? Or at least still play them together in a DAW, even if they have to be loaded as separate instruments?

(side note... I still use ST 2.5 - and LOVE it.)
For a new user, SampleTank Free (2.5) and its free sound library is no longer available to download. You can have ST2,5. ST3 and ST4 all installed on the same system.

New users can get ST4 CS and its free library. Not ST3 CS or ST2 Free.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRAF
10011 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 am

dellboy wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:14 am
Can someone please explain how IK's authorisation system works ?

If you have 10 authorisations what does that mean in practise ?

For instance, I have currently authorised a number of products on my win 10 machine. But if I upgrade to win 11 will I lose an authorisation for each product ?
You can authorize the software on up to 10 systems (or system HW / OS upgrades). But only 3 (I think) at a time And you can only use one of those 3 at any time.

A W11 system will be regarded as a different system from your W10 system, So you will need to use a further Authorization. But do not worry, if you do use up all 10, then, if the circumstances are reasonable, Support will reset the count to give you a further 10.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”