Apple announce new 14" & 16" MBP with M1Pro and M1Max

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any video yet showing the actual units in people's hands? The reveal was just CGI and even the shots from the "lab" had no actual new hardware unit in sight.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

The "notch" is a brilliant marketing tool.

In two years time, the new "notchless" Mac book will be presented with great acclaim, and "notch" Macs will be dumped En masse. But 30 years later, the "notch" Mac will be hailed as a vintage design classic and become highly collectible and people will be climbing into their lofts to retrieve them. :hihi:

dellboy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:16 am The "notch" is a brilliant marketing tool.
Yeh, one of the big new features of the iPhone 13 was the 'smaller' notch- If they didn't have a notch how could they have made that incremental improvement! :lol:

The 'truth' is Apple are behind here, plenty of other phone manufacturers have already mastered under display cameras, for example https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi ... 4-1021479/ so it obviously can be done and I have absolutely no doubt will be done by Apple at some point (probably next year as I just got a new 13 with the 'smaller' notch!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The new Macbooks sound very interesting. I think I'll wait for the next generation of Mac Minis and then possibly switch from PC to Mac. There are already rumors about a M1X. But since I will change only next year or the year after, perhabps there should be a M2 by then :D

How could i now skip the non-skipable adds on you-tube. With touch bar this works….ask for a friend.

4damind wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 pm The new Macbooks sound very interesting. I think I'll wait for the next generation of Mac Minis and then possibly switch from PC to Mac. There are already rumors about a M1X. But since I will change only next year or the year after, perhabps there should be a M2 by then :D
The M1X just shipped... but early next year, there will be the M2 for the Air

pdxindy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:15 pm
4damind wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 pm The new Macbooks sound very interesting. I think I'll wait for the next generation of Mac Minis and then possibly switch from PC to Mac. There are already rumors about a M1X. But since I will change only next year or the year after, perhabps there should be a M2 by then :D
The M1X just shipped... but early next year, there will be the M2 for the Air
Also expect a glut of pretty swanky Win 11 laptops to come out- Great time to upgrade (even if you are buying older stuff as the price will fall)!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Cinebient wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:00 pm How could i now skip the non-skipable adds on you-tube. With touch bar this works….ask for a friend.
Since installing ad-block I haven’t seen a single YouTube ad in over a year.

dellboy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:16 am The "notch" is a brilliant marketing tool.

In two years time, the new "notchless" Mac book will be presented with great acclaim, and "notch" Macs will be dumped En masse. But 30 years later, the "notch" Mac will be hailed as a vintage design classic and become highly collectible and people will be climbing into their lofts to retrieve them. :hihi:
Unfortunately I do think Apple use that strategy constantly, to induce upgrade purchases. E.g. some of the specs on the new machines are a little sub-par, the HDMI and Wifi.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

The notch is most likely here to stay for the long haul until the next major redesign in 4-5 years. I suspect it's bigger than it needs to be right now because at some point in the near future they'll squeeze in Face ID.

The notch is just waaaay to wide for housing only 1 camera. But....it's the exact height of the menubar (or vice-versa) so more screen for apps. If Apple DOES decide to put more sensors in that area in the future, then this notch is just designed as it is to smoothly eeeeease users into a wider notch.

Kind of like a gimp suit.

RugerioDelStereo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm Kind of like a gimp suit.
that escalated quickly.

Looks like an absolutely fantastic option for anyone in digital workstations. And this comes from someone who never really cared much.

Beats the vast majority of desktop options out there in a portable and easy to use package.

What's not to like?!

I'll be looking at these in a couple years if I ever need to move around.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Apple has a really great trade-in program and monthly payments. And a really good student discount program as well. Utilizing all of these, you could end up paying nearly half the sticker price divided up over a year, which makes buying a new Macbook Pro way more practical and affordable than a higher-end Windows laptop.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Thank you to whichever mod did the clean up.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”