[DSPplug rock] When the Wind Blows

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Act: Copper Lake
Copyright: King OZ Records

https://youtu.be/5lsROdrtP0M

Better than My last 2 posted. I think you may enjoy this one. Mastered to -13. A bit quiet for My liking, but it's legal and good in many respects.

[edit: having a problem with My new mobo ducking audio. I had to replace the audio in the video so that it is louder]

Updated with version 3
Last edited by kingozrecords on Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think this mix is far too bandpass sounding and missing a vital Bass presence?
It could be youtube screwing up your mix?
The best tip I ever heard was to reference tracks using something like Voxengo Span (free)
Look at the Energy or frequency shape and best match it.

Imo the whole mix sounds so indirect, roomy and resonant. Furthermore the drums have this phasey super stereo sound. A Bass is surely missing, but I like the drum beat and its variations. I think unmixed it wouldn't sound that bad.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm Imo the whole mix sounds so indirect, roomy and resonant. Furthermore the drums have this phasey super stereo sound. A Bass is surely missing, but I like the drum beat and its variations. I think unmixed it wouldn't sound that bad.
I will add a bass thanks. I'll go with a different widening effect, it's a good idea. Thanks for the kudos about the beat. I used to be a drummer.
Norqa wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:30 pm I think this mix is far too bandpass sounding and missing a vital Bass presence?
It could be youtube screwing up your mix?
The best tip I ever heard was to reference tracks using something like Voxengo Span (free)
Look at the Energy or frequency shape and best match it.
Yes, I was rushed. It's a rough and I will esnure that for various reference tracks it will have more presence. I'd gotten it a level that was audible and did not have time to add more. Today I'll attend to a bass and I will get the levels right. Thanks for your comments.

Updated with the pre-release thanks for the feedback.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm Imo the whole mix sounds so indirect, roomy and resonant. Furthermore the drums have this phasey super stereo sound. A Bass is surely missing, but I like the drum beat and its variations. I think unmixed it wouldn't sound that bad.
Ill agree with this entirely. I might add that all the swishy guitar effects have the guitars energy fading in and out too much. At times it sounds really filtered and as if it is trying to turn inside out (frequency rotation?). Lyrically there are quite a few timing issues. I know it can be tough editing lyrics. Overall, this could be a decent rock song, but needs much work to me.
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Morgaxx wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:07 pm
Ill agree with this entirely. I might add that all the swishy guitar effects have the guitars energy fading in and out too much. At times it sounds really filtered and as if it is trying to turn inside out (frequency rotation?). Lyrically there are quite a few timing issues. I know it can be tough editing lyrics. Overall, this could be a decent rock song, but needs much work to me.
Thanks I shall try and get the guitar to sound as clear as I can. I appreciate this feedback. I'll make some bass riffs and clean up the guitar. Sometimes am pressed for time.

Return to “Music Cafe”