Your First Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Roland MC-202 in 1983
But it was much too weak for my needs.

Shortly after I sold it and bought a Commodore C-64 to run one of the early MIDI-sequencer software from Jellinghaus the "Multitrack Composer CMP 1.1" and ... a Yamaha DX-7
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

Rusaldo wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:16 pm Reaktor 2 by Native Instruments here. That was in year 2000 (Mama Mia - more than twenty years ago). I still have CD with this software monster somewhere BTW ))
Early days! Reaktor is great - there is a superb set of tutorials by this guy: https://www.youtube.com/user/SimonHutc

teacue wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:17 pm Roland MC-202 in 1983
But it was much too weak for my needs.

Shortly after I sold it and bought a Commodore C-64 to run one of the early MIDI-sequencer software from Jellinghaus the "Multitrack Composer CMP 1.1" and ... a Yamaha DX-7
Nice! MC202's a worth a fair bit now.. pretty clunky beasts but I love their LFO delay - which the SH101 didnt have!

C64 is legendary! I just interviewed Tim Wright aka CoLD SToRAGE who used one back in the day.

Daphnis wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:16 am My first synth was a Roland α Juno 2 back in the 80s. Very warm analog sounds. I sold it to a musician, but I don't know if I should regret it ...
Yeah, good synth! I suppose if you don't know then it's probably okay.

Return to “Instruments”