IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRian
505 posts since 30 Jan, 2007

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:46 am

dellboy wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:14 am
Can someone please explain how IK's authorisation system works ?

If you have 10 authorisations what does that mean in practise ?

For instance, I have currently authorised a number of products on my win 10 machine. But if I upgrade to win 11 will I lose an authorisation for each product ?
To add to what DarkStar said above...

Hot tip: before you upgrade your machine to Win 11 or change computers or make other drastic changes to your current one, go into Product Manager and unauthorize all of your products on that machine. It's simple. You aren't uninstalling anything, but instead simply telling IK that you are turning off the ability to use the software on that machine. You'll get your authorizations back, such as going from 9 back to 10 available authorizations.

Then after you upgrade to Win 11, run Product Manager again and click to authorize each product. Bang... just like that, you're back in business.

KVRist
207 posts since 25 May, 2012 from Sunny Philly

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:14 am

torgo wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:32 pm
kcearl wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:15 pm
I just added an irig hd 2…but Ive run out of free plugs, collected everything. Can I trade in my left over promotions for used Ford Taurus?
Do you already have all of the Syntronik instruments on an individual basis? You can't trade your leftovers for a Ford Taurus, but you might be able to use one of them on Syntronic Bully and get the sounds of the Moog Taurus...
I think I have just about everything IK Multimedia have produced except for a couple of the midi keyboards, but I think I might have one of them too somewhere, they got me, they got me good…I just hope they dont release an Uno pro drum machine/sampler for $649…you hear me IK, dont you dare!

Unless you want to, Ill buy it :tu:

KVRAF

Topic Starter

7539 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:54 am

machinesworking wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:34 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 pm
Like the MODO DRUM native M1 update that was free?

Edit - and like AmpliTube 3.11 that was a free 64-bit (and AAX) upgrade?

Edit 2 - and T-RackS 3.5 that was a free 64-bit upgrade?

Seems the one decade-old product that required a complete rewrite with 64-bit being only one small part of many things it brought to the table is the exception rather than the rule. We've also already released a brand new product that isn't in this group buy and people seem to be enjoying that on its merits and as usual there are no "tricks" needed. TL;DR - we didn't charge for a simple 64-bit update for any of our flagships, that's inaccurate and hyperbolic misinformation (with a pinch of conspiracy).
Good to hear, I'm OK with one of the big three engines needing a rewrite, just didn't look forward to all three getting paid upgrades for M1.
Those were just examples from the past where we never charged specifically for just a 64-bit update nor did we charge for the M1 native update for MODO DRUM. In short, based on our past behavior it would be less likely that we'd charge for just a 64-bit or M1 update, whereas the person to whom I was replying seemed to think it was extremely likely and supported their assertion with incomplete/exaggerated/misleading data. Ends up that in their case with that post "username checks out" as Redditors and such tend to say :)
EXPOSED (this used to say... oops can't do that, but just know I do want to avoid violating vurt's moral code and stay out of his grey areas)
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:07 am

I've had Syntronik Deluxe for quite a while now, but the amusing thought just occurred to me... for 11 more days, you can buy one of the Syntronik instrument sets and get the other 21 as group buy choices.

Presto... do-it-yourself Syntronik Deluxe for $49.99, with 3 group buy choices left over.

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:19 am

DarkStar wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:35 am

For a new user, SampleTank Free (2.5) and its free sound library is no longer available to download. You can have ST2,5. ST3 and ST4 all installed on the same system.

New users can get ST4 CS and its free library. Not ST3 CS or ST2 Free.

Bummer. No access to ST3 CS means that a new IK customer who buys ST4 today can't pick up an old XpansionTank set and load the sounds.

KVRAF
10001 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:44 pm

^^^
I did wonder why you were asking.. XpansionTanks are ST2-based products, aren't they?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRian
1315 posts since 3 Mar, 2009 from Colorado Springs

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:58 pm

This thread may pertain to your question torgo:

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=23608

I am currently in a powerful battle of wills with my own self, over whether I should say I have GOT what I CAME to GET from this group buy and be done at my current investment, or... should I try to come up with at least a $79.99 purchase, or even go in again at the $99 tier so I can truly clean out Sampletank packs & get the last stragglers for T-Racks 5...

KVRAF
10001 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:03 pm

^^^
Yes, I posted on that thread. But the new user will need ST3 to Import the ST2-based sounds. ST4 does not have an Import feature for legacy libraries, but it can load ST3-based sounds.

I have suggested to IKM that they provide ST3 CS (without any sounds of its own) s for just such a purpose.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:34 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:44 pm
^^^
I did wonder why you were asking.. XpansionTanks are ST2-based products, aren't they?
Yep. Sets like Omnisynth 2, Vintage Keys, Acoustic Drum Collection and Symphony Strings would be helpful additions for someone with the SE version of SampleTank - but only if you have a way to get them into ST4 format.

For that matter, those 13 or so sounds from Brit Horns from the old Expansion Tank days would be a nice addition to ST 4 even today, especially for the SE version. (At least for now, my favorite horn section sound in the ST4 universe is one sound in the Reggaeton library.)

Oddly enough, the original Brit Horns sample library - the full set from which the ridiculously small Expansion Tank was created - is still out there. I'm tempted to get it or another horn section sample library (preferably more recently recorded) and load it into ST myself using the still-beta Sound Editor.

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Agreed wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:58 pm

I am currently in a powerful battle of wills with my own self, over whether I should say I have GOT what I CAME to GET from this group buy and be done at my current investment, or... should I try to come up with at least a $79.99 purchase, or even go in again at the $99 tier so I can truly clean out Sampletank packs & get the last stragglers for T-Racks 5...
The question is whether someone opening a brand new IK account would be able to do it, since you have to have some form of SampleTank 3 available to convert the sounds from v2. Apparently new accounts don't have access to ST 3 CS, making that middle step impossible for new users.

And it's kinda sad to think that all the new users in the ST3 and ST4 days won't ever have access to SampleTank Free from the version 2.5 days. That came with a generous sound library on its own, and you could also use it to load and play all of the XpansionTank sound libraries, the original Miroslav library, the original SampleTron library, and the libraries from two other instruments called Sonik Synth and SampleMoog.

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:58 pm

Agreed wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:58 pm

As for a $79.99 purchase... if you would have any use at all for an old-school MIDI interface (or not, for that matter - at 24 group buy choices, seriously, who cares?) then check out the iRig MIDI 2.

Reason... in addition to coming with SampleTank 4 SE and SampleTank 3 SE (which would be the way for someone to convert those ST 2 era sounds), it also comes with 25 gear credits. And if you use an iPad, it has the grand and electric piano plus the sound pack for the iPad version of ST.

So... 24 choices now, 25 credits to use later. Oh - and a MIDI interface, if you have use for one. Kinda hard to resist.

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:06 pm

DarkStar wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:03 pm
^^^
Yes, I posted on that thread. But the new user will need ST3 to Import the ST2-based sounds. ST4 does not have an Import feature for legacy libraries, but it can load ST3-based sounds.

I have suggested to IKM that they provide ST3 CS (without any sounds of its own) s for just such a purpose.
Probably an easier way to accomplish this would be to build that functionality into the editor. Well, easier in the long run.

I think most people would find those libraries old and outdated. Don’t know how much of a market there would be for the samples today. For most companies, if it doesn’t make money, it doesn’t make sense.

KVRian

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:50 pm

jrides wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:06 pm
DarkStar wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:03 pm
^^^

Probably an easier way to accomplish this would be to build that functionality into the editor. Well, easier in the long run.

I think most people would find those libraries old and outdated. Don’t know how much of a market there would be for the samples today. For most companies, if it doesn’t make money, it doesn’t make sense.
True... but if you think about it, it took more effort to change things and block access to ST3 CS and the old SampleTank Free from new accounts than it would have to just leave things alone and keep letting new registered users have access to those older free products.

Throw in that you can't activate the older paid products from Product Manager, and they're making it as difficult as possible for new customers to use the legacy products.

KVRist
337 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:17 am

Yeah. I’m sure they want everyone to move on to the new exciting products, and would like to phase out their oldest products.

KVRAF
6782 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 am

Truthfully,
There's a lot of overlap between the patches from 2.5xl and IK's newer stuff. B3 patches, piano, everything but the kitchen sink (that's Omnisphere). I still have it all as it was all converted to St3 files then imported into S4. There's still a lot of good stuff there. I still use the Chamberlin flute from Sampletron 1 in my template. The more interesting stuff for me is the ethnic stuff like Indian drones, and some woodwinds. The patches are also very small, so they load quickly and won't choke the system.
Sampletank 3: Just my ho, but I prefer it to S4.
But since there's so much overlap, I've thought of discarding the 2.5 stuff, but I won't.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
Upton Sinclair.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”