IK Multimedia Electromagnetik: Electric Grand C70P

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist

Topic Starter

68 posts since 5 Dec, 2019

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:34 am

Still no reply...

Had to submit another ticket on an install issue with their Cinematic Percussion library after my Sample drive died.

Anyone know if there is config file that allows you to change the install path for Sampletank 3 to my new drive? Keep getting a permission error as it tries to create a new folder on the now dead drive.

Who would have thought a fully backed up drive dying would cause this much hassle...

KVRAF
6123 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:08 am

The way I change the drives (in ST4) is to click the gear icon for Settings in the lower-right and go to the Sound Content tab.

KVRAF
2672 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:11 am

I use SampleTank 4, which has an easy setting for the sound content path. I actually use two paths in there, one for my ST3 content, and the other for my ST4 content.
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am

Examigan wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:08 am
The way I change the drives (in ST4) is to click the gear icon for Settings in the lower-right and go to the Sound Content tab.
zzz00m wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:11 am
I use SampleTank 4, which has an easy setting for the sound content path. I actually use two paths in there, one for my ST3 content, and the other for my ST4 content.
I get that, and it works for already installed content, but then trying to install new libraries through Product Manager I get an error as it's still looking for the old drive regardless of the setting in ST4... :(

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 am

seagate2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am

I get that, and it works for already installed content, but then trying to install new libraries through Product Manager I get an error as it's still looking for the old drive regardless of the setting in ST4... :(
So the error is with Product Manager, rather than SampleTank, correct? If that's the case, you can set a new "install to" path for the sound content in Product Manager. This is set on a per sound library basis.

Just click the "Sounds" tab, and scroll down to the library you want to install. Then use the "..." menu for "More options".

Select "Install to ..." and set the new path, and reinstall the library.
Windows10; plugins from AAS, Ableton, AIR, Ample, Arturia, Cakewalk, Cherry, DiscoDSP, Fathom, IKM, Initial, iZotope, KV331, NI, PluginGuru, PreSonus, Surge, TAL, Tone2, Toontrack, Tracktion, u-he, UJAM, UVI, Vital, Waves, XLN ...

KVRAF
6123 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:29 am

I just checked in my Product Manager. For the Art Deco piano I already have installed, there is the option for More Options on the right side. From there I can reinstall to a different drive, but am not sure if that would work in the situation you have there. I don't know if it always shows that "More Options" selection for new libraries, or just for the ones that are already installed.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 am

Tried that too, sadly this results in a locked library (padlock on the icon) in ST4, I can't win with their software.

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:40 am

seagate2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:32 am
Tried that too, sadly this results in a locked library (padlock on the icon) in ST4, I can't win with their software.
1. Can you get the library installed anywhere?
2. If it's installed anywhere, just manually move it to the path defined for content in SampleTank, and rescan.
3. The padlock icon in ST4 implies that the library has not been authorized.

In the case of #3, sometimes it is necessary to put the serial number into IK Authorization Manager to unlock the library. This was more common with libraries from the ST3 era.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 am

I'll have to give that a whirl tomorrow, didn't think of that, I just used Product Manager this time.

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:48 am

seagate2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 am
I'll have to give that a whirl tomorrow, didn't think of that, I just used Product Manager this time.
Yep, there were a couple of older libraries that I picked up recently and had to authorize the old way.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:17 pm

That worked...

Thank you!

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:29 pm

That's awesome!

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Okey dokey, had a response from tech support on the the install issue, that was solved already anyway, whilst I had their attention I asked about the CP70 issue, turns out they have passed it onto the developers who may or may not fix it, but considering it got passed their QC I'm not holding my breath...

Looks to me like they will need to get someone who plays with both hands and is not tone deaf to do their quality control.

KVRAF

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:04 pm

seagate2019 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:39 pm
they will need to get someone who plays with both hands and is not tone deaf to do their quality control.
I wonder if their QA team is staffed by guitarists...

KVRAF
9995 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:10 pm

^^^
I would not expect any QA team to check every note (maybe at several velocities) of every instrument in any sample-based plug-in. But, once reported by a user, I would hope that it is fixed.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Instruments”