IK Multimedia Electromagnetik: Electric Grand C70P

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zzz00m wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:04 pm I wonder if their QA team is staffed by guitarists...
Hey, I'm a guitarists and there's nothing wrong with my hearing... :o
DarkStar wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:10 pm ^^^
I would not expect any QA team to check every note (maybe at several velocities) of every instrument in any sample-based plug-in. But, once reported by a user, I would hope that it is fixed.
Really? You wouldn't have a quick play through of all the patches in the product when that is literal all your selling to your clients?

In this case, all of the velocity layers for that particular note are out of tune by nearly the same amount, implying that the key on that physical piano that was sampled was out of tune at the time the samples were recorded.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:33 pm In this case, all of the velocity layers for that particular note are out of tune by nearly the same amount, implying that the key on that physical piano that was sampled was out of tune at the time the samples were recorded.
Which is fine as long as someone remembers to tune the sample afterwards and not wait for customers to report it as a problem.

Agreed!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Terrible.
I have just tried this. It clearly does not have enough velocity zones sampled!
There is a distinct sudden change in timbre at velocity 60. On all keys.
This is strange, as there are a lot of zones and it is a 2 GB library, nevertheless this change sounds pretty awful when playing in the mid velocity.
I would never spend money on this, I even regret getting it as as part of the group buy.

I’m with you there…

Return to “Instruments”