IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
DarkStar
KVRAF
10017 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:40 am

Continuing steady progress:

DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4310 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:42 am

Nice! Are we done with the Group Buy or are there any surprises planned with the increasing count? Not that we need anything more but just asking. :)

JerGoertz
KVRAF
3474 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 am

I'm super-chuffed with what we got already. IK was generous to a fault. :)
A well-behaved signature.

LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4310 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 am

JerGoertz wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 am
Absolutely. :) It's just that we got there 15 days early, so thought if they have anything to keep the people engaged somehow. But guess we should actually start making using of the good stuff we have got. :oops:

jrides
KVRist
338 posts since 18 Apr, 2008

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:02 am

Bombadil wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 am
Truthfully,
There's a lot of overlap between the patches from 2.5xl and IK's newer stuff. B3 patches, piano, everything but the kitchen sink (that's Omnisphere). I still have it all as it was all converted to St3 files then imported into S4. There's still a lot of good stuff there. I still use the Chamberlin flute from Sampletron 1 in my template. The more interesting stuff for me is the ethnic stuff like Indian drones, and some woodwinds. The patches are also very small, so they load quickly and won't choke the system.
Sampletank 3: Just my ho, but I prefer it to S4.
But since there's so much overlap, I've thought of discarding the 2.5 stuff, but I won't.
I have a boatload of 2.5 stuff. Expansions and stuff I have never used. Was debating on just not installing any of that stuff at all. Still not sure if I will. Lean toward stuff with multiple articulations, velocity layers and round robins. Maybe I will check out some of the ethnic stuff though. Sample Tron 1… maybe give that a try.

JJWL
KVRer
15 posts since 7 Nov, 2020

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:19 am

I got a handful of Sampletank modules. ST4 has almost 90GB of sounds. I'm not sure if I want to download and install that. What kind of sounds are included in that 90GB?

JerGoertz
KVRAF
3474 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:09 am

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 am
JerGoertz wrote:
Absolutely. :) It's just that we got there 15 days early, so thought if they have anything to keep the people engaged somehow. But guess we should actually start making using of the good stuff we have got. :oops:
Agreed! :party:
A well-behaved signature.

srcodling
KVRist
172 posts since 25 Mar, 2004 from Strasbourg, Saskatchewan, Canada

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:21 am

not an unfair question, though, as somewhere in here Peter did make a comment about possible stretch goals I think... but it was also in the context of "it shouldn't have taken this long to get to 25,000" in his opinion, so at this point it looks like probably not...

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7542 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 pm

srcodling wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:21 am
not an unfair question, though, as somewhere in here Peter did make a comment about possible stretch goals I think... but it was also in the context of "it shouldn't have taken this long to get to 25,000" in his opinion, so at this point it looks like probably not...
There are no plans to add anything at this point. 25 for the price of 1 for another 10 days or so is going to take us through the end of this (also no extensions any more).

For those who joined, Warren Huart at Produce Like a Pro released a video today (and there are free downloads etc available) using many plugins from the group buy. For those who haven't... is 25 for the price of 1 not enough??? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sJxz4Q85-8

DarkStar
KVRAF
10017 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:58 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 am
JerGoertz wrote:
Use them? :-o :shock: Haven't you heard of "Mint in Box"? ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

igorkrushch
KVRer
22 posts since 19 Dec, 2015 from New Zealand

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:03 pm

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:50 pm
srcodling wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:21 am
There are no plans to add anything at this point. 25 for the price of 1 for another 10 days or so is going to take us through the end of this (also no extensions any more).

For those who joined, Warren Huart at Produce Like a Pro released a video today (and there are free downloads etc available) using many plugins from the group buy. For those who haven't... is 25 for the price of 1 not enough??? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sJxz4Q85-8
Hi Peter. It’s definitely a great group buy, thanks for that!

I do have one question though. One of gents here have answered it above, but would like to get your official confirmation :-D. I understand that Tascam Tape collection can’t be acquired as a freebie, which is totally fine. However, if I buy the Tascam Tape collection, would it allow me to participate in the group buy?

Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF

Topic Starter

7542 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:36 pm

igorkrushch wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:03 pm
Hi Peter. It’s definitely a great group buy, thanks for that!

I do have one question though. One of gents here have answered it above, but would like to get your official confirmation :-D. I understand that Tascam Tape collection can’t be acquired as a freebie, which is totally fine. However, if I buy the Tascam Tape collection, would it allow me to participate in the group buy?
Glad you like it! But no, the TASCAM Tape Collection does not enter you into the group buy.

igorkrushch
KVRer
22 posts since 19 Dec, 2015 from New Zealand

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:21 pm

Understood! Thank you for confirming that :)

moonchunk
KVRist
188 posts since 19 Jul, 2014

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:17 pm

People should make sure they check their Jam points. I was able to buy in for one more, at a great rate due to the Jam Points, to pick up those sneaky little Amplitude 5 extras!

ftech
KVRian
1110 posts since 8 Oct, 2004 from Australia

Post Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:38 pm

moonchunk wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:17 pm
People should make sure they check their Jam points. I was able to buy in for one more, at a great rate due to the Jam Points, to pick up those sneaky little Amplitude 5 extras!
And Gear Credits too!
I had enough sitting unused in my Custom Shop account to get in for a third time.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”